PDA

View Full Version : Night racing is fantastic but car lights are a big fun killer

Roushman624
04-12-2017, 00:25
Racing in the night is amazing but it seems most car lights really mess the cockpit up. Is there a plan to tone down the lights in the cockpit significantly? The reason is the lights seem to turn the cockpit into mush and everything becomes a mess. Other than this problem, night racing is amazing!

davidt33
04-12-2017, 00:28
Hood view is your friend. Thank me later.

Roushman624
04-12-2017, 00:40
Hood view is your friend. Thank me later.

Yes a good friend indeed but I love cockpit lol. Almost makes me want to stay dead last to enjoy the race haha.

RacingAtHome
04-12-2017, 00:47
I love night racing and the lights look spot on. However, it seems to me that the tracks aren't dark enough. Instead of Le Mans being pitch black at night, it looks early evening.

Roushman624
04-12-2017, 01:06
I love night racing and the lights look spot on. However, it seems to me that the tracks aren't dark enough. Instead of Le Mans being pitch black at night, it looks early evening.

The lights are correct but when in cockpit it makes it a big mess. It looks really bad so I'm hoping they can fix it.

biggbaddwolf
04-12-2017, 01:07
Go to IMS..I thought it would be well lit at night, but it isn't :(

RacingAtHome
04-12-2017, 01:13
The lights are correct but when in cockpit it makes it a big mess. It looks really bad so I'm hoping they can fix it.

Yeah. My point was just about night racing in general.

Go to IMS..I thought it would be well lit at night, but it isn't :(

Seen IMS a while ago. Definitely agree. However, Le Mans just looks like it's late evening rather than midnight. Could just be a thing on some tracks.

Roushman624
04-12-2017, 01:14
I'm just hoping for a cockpit view fix because this is not good. If I used for example the gt3 Ferrari, the illuminated dash has problems at night too. It looks a lot better from my phone than ingame. It becomes very jagged as well.