PDA

View Full Version : Oval texas: Concern when the IA enters the pits

seb02
04-12-2017, 08:22
Hello,

yesterday I did a race on the Oval of Texas with GT3 (Custom race / 15 laps with a mandatory pit stop / Standard PS4).
There is a problem when the AI ​​enters the pits: Instead of going to the left to decelerate, the AI ​​goes right and crosses the track to enter the pits. Of course, I had an accident with AI lol. I tried this a few times and it happens all the time like that.
I do not know if this has already been passed on to the developers, sorry if that's the case.
Thanks

fresquito
04-12-2017, 08:28
Maybe the AI is as confused as everyone else as to where the pit lane is? I mean, no matter what you do, when you exit the pits there's no place to join the track without being penalised. Not that I (or anybody I know) know, at least.

no_snacks
04-12-2017, 08:55
He's talking about entering the pits, not exiting.

I noticed the same thing during Indy career mode. Nearly every lap, there would be an accident between the AI (sometimes with me too) just before the pit entrance. Ruined nearly every hot lap of mine during qualifying.

Basically, instead of going low towards the apron before the pits, the AI stays high on the racing line and then suddenly decelerates and turns left towards the pit entrance. Of course they get T-boned by all the other AI who are still on a hot-lap.

LUN4T1C
04-12-2017, 11:36
I had a race there and the AI all crashed into the Pit wall and each other at full speed when it was time to pit. Major carnage, wish I saved the replay.

seb02
04-12-2017, 16:41
He's talking about entering the pits, not exiting.

I noticed the same thing during Indy career mode. Nearly every lap, there would be an accident between the AI (sometimes with me too) just before the pit entrance. Ruined nearly every hot lap of mine during qualifying.

Basically, instead of going low towards the apron before the pits, the AI stays high on the racing line and then suddenly decelerates and turns left towards the pit entrance. Of course they get T-boned by all the other AI who are still on a hot-lap.

that's exactly what is happening and I admit that you explained it better than me (my English is perfectible).
Thank you

Doug914
04-12-2017, 21:27
This has been fixed here now. A new pit lane path and also a redo of the starting path too. You'll see it in the next patch. Thanks for the report gents. :)