PDA

View Full Version : FL tire worn, heavy FFB on a straight line

Bensko
04-12-2017, 09:52
Hello all,

I was driving a race with accelerated tirewear and my FL tire was really worn out, like about 20% left. I noticed that the FFB started to kick in pretty nasty on the straight line and this effect was Gatting biggen after more tirewear. The car was feeling really bumpy at higher speeds. But in the corners i was not having any troubles except some understeer and overall reduced laptimes which should be expected. But i can not explain the straight line issues. I was driving a GT3 car with almost standard setup.

Maybe someone knows more about this?

Greetings,
Bensko

Invincible
04-12-2017, 09:57
Hello all,

I was driving a race with accelerated tirewear and my FL tire was really worn out, like about 20% left. I noticed that the FFB started to kick in pretty nasty on the straight line and this effect was Gatting biggen after more tirewear. The car was feeling really bumpy at higher speeds. But in the corners i was not having any troubles except some understeer and overall reduced laptimes which should be expected. But i can not explain the straight line issues. I was driving a GT3 car with almost standard setup.

Maybe someone knows more about this?

Greetings,
Bensko

Most likely flatspots on said tire.

RJay
04-12-2017, 11:30
I say flatspots too. That sounds exactly like what a flatspot does.

Bensko
04-12-2017, 12:06
Yeah, i was thinking that too, but in the case of flatspots i would say that you notice that immediately after a flatspot is created. This seems to become gradually worse and only after heavy tirewear (starting at about 65% wear). I do see some ABS-activations but only small blips. I’ll decrease the breaking power and ABS-power and see what it does.
Thanks for the replies.

could_do_better
04-12-2017, 12:11
Puncture? I think they happen.

Bensko
04-12-2017, 12:20
Puncture? I think they happen.
Crossed my mind as well, but laptimes only became gradually worse. The engineer also didnt say anything about damage. I don’t know if the engineer does mention a puncture though.
I would also expect suspension damage after a few laps with a puncture. I have a leaguerace this wednesday and it will probably happen again. I’ll post my video and time that it happens.

Invincible
04-12-2017, 12:23
Yeah, i was thinking that too, but in the case of flatspots i would say that you notice that immediately after a flatspot is created. This seems to become gradually worse and only after heavy tirewear (starting at about 65% wear). I do see some ABS-activations but only small blips. I’ll decrease the breaking power and ABS-power and see what it does.
Thanks for the replies.

Did you maybe at some point spin? Or even multiple times? Is there maybe a specific corner where the car skids over the front wheels every lap?

But I agree, that increasing the ABS value is the best step for starters.

Bensko
04-12-2017, 12:33
No spins, 1 trip through the gravel in stint 1, but the same problem occurred after new tires (also soft tires) at the end of the race.
I was driving at Brno and turn 1 is a killer for the FL tire.

The car skidding over the front wheel may be a possibility. I havent thought of that. I am already at maximum front springrate, so i may need to add some bumpstops at the front wheels. (Or increase ride height. Unsure)

ozwheels
04-12-2017, 19:48
The vibration is from driving on the carcass. The tread is completely worn through at 50% on the hud. Leaving just the carcass.