PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec Product Compatibility on PS4

bradleyland
04-12-2017, 15:13
It's pretty clear on the Fanatec website that the CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4 is the right wheel and base to get for the PS4, but I'm really confused by the whole "PS4 READY" labeling they have on the other steering wheels.

For example, the ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR (https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-porsche-918-rsr-us.html) is labeled "PS4 READY". What does that mean, exactly? How is that different than the PS4 branded wheel that comes with the CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4?

Does anyone have any experience running a Fanatec combo like CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4 + Porsche 918 RSR? What's it like?

Sum Dixon-Ear
04-12-2017, 15:17
All that PS4 Ready means is that if the rim is attached to the CSLE-PS4 base it will function on the console.

I don't have the Porsche rim, but do have the BMW GT2 and Formula Carbon... and they are both fantastic. The 918 RSR is supposed to be awesome, the build quality on the ClubSport rims is just godly.

bradleyland
04-12-2017, 15:35
Dude, that is awesome! I recently upgraded to CSPv3 pedals with a CPX Adapter, and I was blown away by the quality of the product. Before I got them, I thought they were expensive... Now I think they're a bargain. Worth every penny!

I primarily play pCARS2 and Assetto Corsa. Have you used the wheel with AC? Any pros/cons? I'm a little worried about their button mapping system.

Sum Dixon-Ear
04-12-2017, 15:42
It does 'seem' expensive, as you say... until you actually receive the stuff and see the quality... then you use it and just wow. I recently grabbed a set of V3is in the BF sale and am setting them up as I type... these things are just unreal. I love my V3s as well, I've also had V1s and V2s, absolutely love ClubSport pedals.

AC is great with the CSLE, you are right to be worried about the button mapping though... there is, as of now... none. It is a horrendous oversight for a simulator, I really don't know what they were thinking.

bradleyland
04-12-2017, 15:48
Yeah, that figures. AC is really neglected on consoles :( It's probably still worth a shot for the increase in quality.

Sum Dixon-Ear
04-12-2017, 15:53
It does feel great, I loved racing AC with the wheel... the best upgrade for Assetto on PS4 is on a Pro with Boost Mode enabled however, the framerate is transformed.

GrimeyDog
04-12-2017, 16:14
It does 'seem' expensive, as you say... until you actually receive the stuff and see the quality... then you use it and just wow. I recently grabbed a set of V3is in the BF sale and am setting them up as I type... these things are just unreal. I love my V3s as well, I've also had V1s and V2s, absolutely love ClubSport pedals.

AC is great with the CSLE, you are right to be worried about the button mapping though... there is, as of now... none. It is a horrendous oversight for a simulator, I really don't know what they were thinking.

I have V3 & V3i pedals and the V3i pedals are Much Better!!! They Feel sooo Much more Natural --> Also there is more space between the Pedals thats Big +:yes: IMO

Sum Dixon-Ear
04-12-2017, 16:25
Is there any way that you know of to have the clutch pedal arm at the same angle the brake Grimey?

GrimeyDog
04-12-2017, 16:48
Is there any way that you know of to have the clutch pedal arm at the same angle the brake Grimey?

Nope --> I Emailed about that... The Clutch pedal arm is Longer and i think the Top part of the arm that rest on the Top bar is cut at a angle to make it stick out further ---> what i did was Cut the Regular V1 Spacers at a Angle then Ground them down to create the Pedal angle that i Liked --> I will post pucs when i get home you can probably make them from wood....Im dont like the pedal angle spacers that are on the Pedals Now they take up too Much Leg Room.

Edit: Maybe its possible to swap and use the Clutch Arm from the Regular v3 pedals on the v3i pedals.... I dont see why it cant be done but you will have to swap all the other clutch parts also the Rod that give the Snap feel seems Longer.

Dinos
05-12-2017, 09:16
Is the clubsport wheel base v2.5 works with ps4 and pc2?

Sankyo
05-12-2017, 09:24
Is the clubsport wheel base v2.5 works with ps4 and pc2?

No, unless you use a ChronusMAX or DriveHUB adapter. No native support.

Yurs
05-06-2018, 08:51
Please help - I got Fanatec Clubsport steering base V2+BMW GT steering wheel. It worked properly on PS4 with PC1 but yesterday I tryed to manage it with PC2. The wheelbase starts properly, I launch the game and I cannot see the wheel in Preferences - there only pad is available.
SOftware version on the wheelbase is 204, could that be a problem?

Sankyo
05-06-2018, 08:55
Please help - I got Fanatec Clubsport steering base V2+BMW GT steering wheel. It worked properly on PS4 with PC1 but yesterday I tryed to manage it with PC2. The wheelbase starts properly, I launch the game and I cannot see the wheel in Preferences - there only pad is available.
SOftware version on the wheelbase is 204, could that be a problem?
The CSW v2 is not a PS4 compatible wheel anymore as per Sony decision last year. Therefore developers are not allowed to program compatibility in their games. The only option to keep playing with the CSW v2 is using a device like CronusMAX Plus.

Yurs
05-06-2018, 09:11
The CSW v2 is not a PS4 compatible wheel anymore as per Sony decision last year. Therefore developers are not allowed to program compatibility in their games. The only option to keep playing with the CSW v2 is using a device like CronusMAX Plus.

didn't know that... thanks for info

Sum Dixon-Ear
05-06-2018, 09:28
didn't know that... thanks for info

I would recommend a DriveHub as it has very good Fanatec support i.e. it has Fanalogic and native support for the wheel's displays and buttons etc.

https://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html

Christiaan van Beilen
05-06-2018, 09:31

That is Sony for you. Kinda willy-nilly with their decisions, especially when it comes to stripping their consoles.

PS3 and Linux to name just one big thing.

BTW, that reminds me. Can't the CSWv2 still go into Logitech emulation mode or PS3 mode? Wouldn't that work?

Yurs
05-06-2018, 10:04
That is Sony for you. Kinda willy-nilly with their decisions, especially when it comes to stripping their consoles.

PS3 and Linux to name just one big thing.

BTW, that reminds me. Can't the CSWv2 still go into Logitech emulation mode or PS3 mode? Wouldn't that work?

I did try PS3 mode, indicator showed that its on but PS4 didn't react anyhow

Yurs
06-06-2018, 08:11
Got CronusMax and installed it. Yes it works, but the feeling are completely different from those that I had before.
Used to have vibrations on gas pedal when you have oversteer and brake pedal reaction when you have front wheel lock. CronusMax doesn't support that function.
All other functions seems to be similar to what it was with PC1 but its definately not exactly what Fanatec can perform.
Seems like its better to get PC instead of PS4 to run racing simulators with Fanatec wheelbase and pedals...
Sony marketing really sucks...

wyldanimal
06-06-2018, 16:57
Got CronusMax and installed it. Yes it works, but the feeling are completely different from those that I had before.
Used to have vibrations on gas pedal when you have oversteer and brake pedal reaction when you have front wheel lock. CronusMax doesn't support that function.
All other functions seems to be similar to what it was with PC1 but its definately not exactly what Fanatec can perform.
Seems like its better to get PC instead of PS4 to run racing simulators with Fanatec wheelbase and pedals...
Sony marketing really sucks...

Brake and Throttle Vibration has to be built into the SIM for it to Function.
Since the Base you are using isn't Supported by the Sim - It doesn't output these feedback signals.

The Drive Hub does support these signals if the Sim sends them.
I have two Drive Hubs, I don't have the current CronusMax, so I don't know if it does or not.