PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pressure

Tbolt
04-12-2017, 15:32
I love driving the NSX GT3, especially since the latest patch ( well most cars now :) ), but the brake pressure is a little weak. To get the car to stop quickly you have to push the pedal down almost to the floor and when at higher speed it's very difficult to get it to lock up at all. As much as I like this car I can't drive it for very long because of the pressure I'm having to use with my left foot. I'm running the pedal sensitive at 63 at the moment to try and help.

So it would be nice if it the NSX could get a little more brake pressure as at 100% it's not really enough. The Audi R8 LMS and 24H version are not as bad but could also do with a little more brake pressure to make them a bit more comfortable for driving longer rqaces.

dhfool
04-12-2017, 15:50
I have similar issue with brake fade on Vantage GT3. If i keep brakes in 500-900C window it feels too "soft and greasy". Im not sure if that is brakes problem or tires problem...

Tbolt
04-12-2017, 15:59
It's not brake fade as the first application of the brakes on the NSX needs noticeable more pedal to slow it down compared to some other GT3 cars. The Vantage GT3 may be the same, I haven't tried all the cars yet.

AbeWoz
04-12-2017, 16:10
500-900C is bloody hot for steel (GT3) brakes.

dhfool
04-12-2017, 16:14
Hmm, i have problem only with hot brakes after few laps, so it is not similar. I will try Acura tonight just for curiosity.

dhfool
04-12-2017, 16:17
500-900C is bloody hot for steel (GT3) brakes.
They are green... I will try to run duct more open...

AbeWoz
04-12-2017, 17:24
i try to keep mine at like 500-600 max at the end of the longest braking zone.
Carbon brakes on the LMP1's you need ot run much hotter.

Tbolt
06-12-2017, 16:57
I'd like to add the Zonda Revolucion and the R390 GT1 to the list as the both need a large amount of pedal for max stopping power.

CoproManiac
06-12-2017, 18:06
I love driving the NSX GT3, especially since the latest patch ( well most cars now :) ), but the brake pressure is a little weak. To get the car to stop quickly you have to push the pedal down almost to the floor and when at higher speed it's very difficult to get it to lock up at all. As much as I like this car I can't drive it for very long because of the pressure I'm having to use with my left foot. I'm running the pedal sensitive at 63 at the moment to try and help.

So it would be nice if it the NSX could get a little more brake pressure as at 100% it's not really enough. The Audi R8 LMS and 24H version are not as bad but could also do with a little more brake pressure to make them a bit more comfortable for driving longer rqaces.

I think it's your setup, I have no problems locking the brakes on the NSX.

Share your setup and the date/time/track and I will test it.

Tbolt
06-12-2017, 19:54
I think it's your setup, I have no problems locking the brakes on the NSX.

Share your setup and the date/time/track and I will test it.

The track is the Red Bull Ring in TT with brake balance at default ( loose setup ) and 100% pressure. It was noticeable on turn one, so not overheating brakes, after driving some other GT3 cars that I needed quite a bit more pedal. Like I said before 63 on the pedal sensitivity.

If we had a bit more pressure on a few cars a least people could reduce the pressure in the setup if they want.

CoproManiac
06-12-2017, 21:18
The track is the Red Bull Ring in TT with brake balance at default ( loose setup ) and 100% pressure. It was noticeable on turn one, so not overheating brakes, after driving some other GT3 cars that I needed quite a bit more pedal. Like I said before 63 on the pedal sensitivity.

If we had a bit more pressure on a few cars a least people could reduce the pressure in the setup if they want.

I don't see a problem with the brakes on the NSX. Try increasing brake bias to 56-44, or lower the ABS setting or turn it off totally.

Tbolt
06-12-2017, 21:28
I don't see a problem with the brakes on the NSX. Try increasing brake bias to 56-44, or lower the ABS setting or turn it off totally.

I've got ABS on low and I'm using the ABS light to see when it cuts in. I'll give it a bit more front bias and see if that makes a noticeable difference.

MISTER WU
06-12-2017, 23:57
i always set my pressure to 81% because anything more for some reason locks up the brakes big time and thats even with ABS on.
Asetto has always done this to me as well and i have re-calibrated the G27 a few times but if i just slightly touch the brakes at say 95% pressure then its a flat spot.
Ifi have it at around 80-82 i can go hard and normally out brake anyone!

Tbolt
07-12-2017, 06:57
i always set my pressure to 81% because anything more for some reason locks up the brakes big time and thats even with ABS on.
Asetto has always done this to me as well and i have re-calibrated the G27 a few times but if i just slightly touch the brakes at say 95% pressure then its a flat spot.
Ifi have it at around 80-82 i can go hard and normally out brake anyone!

I've tested mine and it seems the operation is linear but have upped the sensitivity to try and help with those cars with weaker brakes.

There are a few cars which I run down with pressure between 90 to 95% but most I run at 100%.

I'm running a stronger brake spring than the original so it's very noticeable when one car has lower pressure.

Jaood
07-12-2017, 09:12
Can confirm that. Had problems with the g27 stock, upgraded spring for brake and it was way better. With the v3 and even low pressure hardwareside i struggle with below 100 for abs cars as im just to lazy/used to brake long enough. G27 needs some adjusting (ac brake gama, pc2 idk) to work but even with stronger spring (gteye) some mates of mine cant brake at all without locking up. Guess they have too strong legs:)
Aliens can do it anyway and i guess there can be something done settingside.

Tbolt
07-12-2017, 22:07
Well I tried it with a bit more foward bias which cause it to lock up a little bit early. Still a bit harder work that some GT3 cars, so I might dial in a little bit more sensitivity, though a little bit more pressure wouldn't hurt.

Tbolt
07-12-2017, 22:11
Can confirm that. Had problems with the g27 stock, upgraded spring for brake and it was way better. With the v3 and even low pressure hardwareside i struggle with below 100 for abs cars as im just to lazy/used to brake long enough. G27 needs some adjusting (ac brake gama, pc2 idk) to work but even with stronger spring (gteye) some mates of mine cant brake at all without locking up. Guess they have too strong legs:)
Aliens can do it anyway and i guess there can be something done settingside.

I'm using the GTeye spring and while it's good, those cars that need a lot of travel become hard work in a long race. Maybe I need to go to the gym ;) but I'll just dial in more sensitivity and pull the pressure back for those cars with more sensitive brakes. But it would be better to have a linear pedal and just reduce the pressure on those cars that are a bit more sensitive.

CoproManiac
07-12-2017, 23:14
Well I tried it with a bit more foward bias which cause it to lock up a little bit early. Still a bit harder work that some GT3 cars, so I might dial in a little bit more sensitivity, though a little bit more pressure wouldn't hurt.

I used 50% brake pedal input while testing it. I use DFGT pedals (crappy, I know) which require a lot less force to put down. Still, I don't have to brake any harder than on the Ferrari for example.