PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best Tuner for the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3?

theschmid
04-12-2017, 22:11
Hi guys,

Every one loves the Nissan-GT-R Nismo GT3 because of the look and how it sounds.: But I know that this car has a lot of potential!
The problem is that I'm not able to tune it to be the best car in the GT3?

Is there any one else how like to tune it to the maximum and to show the other guys what a best the Nissan is?
Every platform is welcome.

I think for the begin a good set up could be for Laguna Seca.

Enjoy and hopfulyl post a lot of tuning set up.

Nyreen
04-12-2017, 22:46
I don't want to kill dreams but I don't think the Nissan is the fastest GT3. Even if I tell you that everyone is different and A might be faster in 'this' car and B in the other, I still think the Nissan is an average car. Definitely not slow, but you can't tune a car to be 'better' in every way.
If you tune the aero, you can reach higher top speed but lose downforce. If you put more camber, you'll get better corner speed but less stability under straight lines.
If you take the reworked Ferrari GT3, you can tune the front sway bars to have a minimum amount of weight on them : you get ridiculously quick into the corner but still understeer like crazy.

What I want to say is, you can erase some of the cons/quirks and tune the car to the track and your likings. But you can't replace the alchemy of an engine, a stiff chassis and a steering wheel. If the [insert fast car] does it better than the GT-R, then it's a better car. Tune the [faster car] instead.

If you don't want my opinion on the car, well I can't say I drove it much. It's more of understanding its strenghts to exploit them under race. Like, it maybe has the best braking of its class, so if you see a gap in the inside, fill in it, then defend your position.
And if that doesn't help, I can only teach how basics on how to tune a car. Learn to manage tyre pressure, to analyze under/oversteer, to get better speed around the corners with brake or suspension work, ...
Don't hesitate to go into TT mode and download the ghost of the fastest GT-R drivers to get their tunes. You might understand why do they do it, what difference does it make and does that fit your driving style (and do you want it to change over time, which is literally what a faster build says).

hkraft300
05-12-2017, 00:50
If you take the reworked Ferrari GT3, you can tune the front sway bars to have a minimum amount of weight on them : you get ridiculously quick into the corner but still understeer like crazy.

What I want to say is, you can erase some of the cons/quirks and tune the car to the track and your likings. But you can't replace the alchemy of an engine, a stiff chassis and a steering wheel. If the [insert fast car] does it better than the GT-R, then it's a better car. Tune the [faster car] instead.

Understeer can be tuned out with spring and damper adjustments. Even in the Ferrari 488. Not so much in the 911 (without being silly) but a bit of trail braking sorts it. Swaybars are really suspension fine- tuning, but the major balance changes come from the springs.

GT3 cars are super close in performance (mostly, especially after patch3 with the Ferrari nerf apparently) except maybe the slightly older cars. You will be fastest in the car you’ve most developed, tuning and driving. The car you’re most familiar and comfortable with will get you the most consistent and fastest times.

Ravager619
05-12-2017, 07:39
I haven't driven the GT-R GT3 since the latest patch, or with my new pedals and shifter. From my experience there are better GT3 cars overall. If you're lucky, you will at least make it competitive but don't look for it to beat the Ferrari 488.

I really liked driving the car, though. I set some TT times at Oulton Park and Donington Park National when I first played PC2, but I'm sure those setups could use more tuning.

theschmid
05-12-2017, 08:23
Yeah thats why I'm asking. In my opinion the car could be more competitive with a good tuning and I know probably it wouldn't beat the Ferrari.

I opened this thread. If there is someone who likes the Nissan too and know how to make it very fast :)

Nyreen
05-12-2017, 10:18
Understeer can be tuned out with spring and damper adjustments. Even in the Ferrari 488. Not so much in the 911 (without being silly) but a bit of trail braking sorts it. Swaybars are really suspension fine- tuning, but the major balance changes come from the springs.

And I absolutely don't know how springs work. I wish I do because I'm starting to understand the rest when the dampers section in totally alien to me.

I know I can get better corner speed with the Ferrari with more camber and a bit of aero, but that's it. I'm sure I can gain more than 1.5sec with proper damper settings on such a track as Watkins Glen.

theschmid
05-12-2017, 10:56
And I absolutely don't know how springs work. I wish I do because I'm starting to understand the rest when the dampers section in totally alien to me.

I know I can get better corner speed with the Ferrari with more camber and a bit of aero, but that's it. I'm sure I can gain more than 1.5sec with proper damper settings on such a track as Watkins Glen.

Yeah I'm on the same problem... I don't understand the dampers at all... I'm starting to understand the differential but it's too complicated.

hkraft300
05-12-2017, 11:19
This here (HTTP://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54023-Project-CARS-2-Suspension-Calculator-v0-96) will get you started on spring and damper tuning.

Nyreen
05-12-2017, 23:10
Yeah I downloaded everything but it's still alien. I just need to make researches on my own about how does it work in real life etc. Did watch a Engineering Explained tutorial but that didn't helped me tune the car (even though I really like the guy, only person to really make me understand how does a turbo work in detail)

hkraft300
05-12-2017, 23:31
Read Jussi’s post on that thread, it gives guidelines to the metrics (numbers in white). After that, it’s experiment to find the handling balance you like.

Do you like the roll frequency front = rear (balanced, but that would feel like oversteer) or 15% higher at the front? (I’ll set it between 5-10% front bias).
Do you like the damping average at 70% or 90%?
Do you like bump = rebound, bump > rebound or rebound > bump (I like rebound 20-30% higher than bump)?

Adjust the values in green until you get the values you want in white. Then copy the values in yellow to the game. Test.

Ravager619
06-12-2017, 04:43
I ran some laps in the GT-R GT3 at Oulton Park Island tonight. Like at other tracks, I have to get used to the new pedals and shifter there. I will use Jussi's tuning program to tweak my existing setup soon. But for now, enjoy the improvements in Photo Mode.