PDA

View Full Version : Authentic assists

z3r0cool77
05-12-2017, 18:59
I asked about this once before I believe in another thread (some time ago) but dont think any one ever answered.

I’ve noticed in some cars that have “authentic” abs/tc (according to vehicle info) that with authentic assists enabled I still cant turn them on or off with keybinds. Gives the “n/a” error just as if assists where turned off and the tc/abs indicator lights never come and there doesnt seem to be any effect from the assists on the car. (Radical rx8 for example) On other cars with authentic assists I have seen them work properly. I’m assuming this is some sort of bug but I’m wondering if enabling all assists and then activating the ones that are supposed to be present on the car is the same thing. Do the optional assists (low/high tc/abs and on/authentic sc) behave differently than whats supposed to be enabled if all authentic assists are turned on? Are they artificial “cheats” that function differently than integrated authentic systems? If not then what would be the proper selection as a work around? Should all cars that are supposed to have TC use the low setting? I assume High is more of a cheat assist. And do the tc/abs settings in the car setup effect these manually enabled assists the same way they should effect authentic ones? Particularly given the choice between low/high, how do the setup numbers relate differently to these 2 options?

Ok wall of txt I know but I think given the typical desire for realism that its all pretty relevant.

SaxonRaider
05-12-2017, 19:21
That's something i too were asking myself earlier today. On Authentic assists, in a GT3 car, i could turn ABS high/low/off, Can these cars do this in real life?

RvN76
05-12-2017, 19:28
That's something i too were asking myself earlier today. On Authentic assists, in a GT3 car, i could turn ABS high/low/off, Can these cars do this in real life?

I haven't tried toggling those settings during the race. Does it feel like the same as adjusting ABS factor in tuning? Maybe it's just another "factor" added to the what we have in tuning?

AbeWoz
05-12-2017, 19:31
IRL GT3 cars have both TC and ABS with adjustable settings. IRL have better fidelity for the adjustments than what we currently have in pCARS.

OP: are you experiencing this issue online of offline in regards to the N/A showing up? If its online, then the lobby you are in probably restricts what assists are available for you to use.

I'm still unsure of the ABS and TC settings assigned in the car-setup apply to the 'low' or 'high' setting when cycled.

z3r0cool77
05-12-2017, 19:35
IRL GT3 cars have both TC and ABS with adjustable settings. IRL have better fidelity for the adjustments than what we currently have in pCARS.

OP: are you experiencing this issue online of offline in regards to the N/A showing up? If its online, then the lobby you are in probably restricts what assists are available for you to use.

I'm still unsure of the ABS and TC settings assigned in the car-setup apply to the 'low' or 'high' setting when cycled.

Offline only. I’m holding off on trying online till I’ve had substantial experience with a variety of cars and tracks... like all of them. :) That and patch 3 for console.

z3r0cool77
05-12-2017, 19:38
I haven't tried toggling those settings during the race. Does it feel like the same as adjusting ABS factor in tuning? Maybe it's just another "factor" added to the what we have in tuning?

Adjusting the tc/abs settings in the car tuning menus doesnt seem to have any effect (when set to authentic and the toggle isnt working) and the hud indicators for tc/abs never light up. Its like what ever list the game looks to when determining whats “authentic” doesnt matchup with car info.

ToxinMonster
05-12-2017, 19:45
Most road going cars have the ability to turn on/off trc and esc. I have never heard of a car where you can turn off abs unless you go under the hood and disable it mechanically.

Pete Gaimari
05-12-2017, 19:58
I drive the vintage cars and I don't trust authentic to get that right. I just use off and then I know nothing is on from bad programming.

I'm guessing, but taking the GT3 cars as an example. The real car probably uses high ABS brakes. So, if you are using authentic setting it will have high ABS. You can turn it lower, but you can't turn any settings higher than the real car has. Whether or not by turning them lower works is a good question. I think the point of using the authentic setting is to have what the real car has and you can't mess with that. Higher or lower.

z3r0cool77
05-12-2017, 20:19
Problem being that cars are described as having said assists yet they dont seem to be functioning. Really need confirmation on the questions from SMS more than anything else. No user is really gonna be able to answer any better than I can, no offense ofc. Ofc I could just try all the available options and go with what i like but for realism sake only dev confirmation of how/if its working is gonna be a complete answer.

SpinnPaget
05-12-2017, 20:26
I've been wondering the same thing myself!

Especially how the "off/low/high" from the toggles interact with the numerical settings when tuning the car.

I have yet to see the solid-on symbols (let alone the flashing indicating something is triggering) on any of the career races I've run. (Rookie Kart, Ginetta Juniors, Clios, Ginetta GT 5)

Settings: authentic assists (ie don't make any changes to off/low/high), tend to run TCS at 35, ABS between 65 and 80.

inthebagbud
05-12-2017, 21:19
You may all want to read this thread which has a good explanation of how the assists work http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57967-New-behavior-of-traction-control-toggle

z3r0cool77
05-12-2017, 22:09
You may all want to read this thread which has a good explanation of how the assists work http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57967-New-behavior-of-traction-control-toggle

Ok, that explains the way the tune settings effect tc, still dont know though why some cars that should have authentic tc wont allow you to turn them on or off and the activation light never comes on. Is authentic just borked on some cars?

cpcdem
05-12-2017, 22:22
Ok, that explains the way the tune settings effect tc, still dont know though why some cars that should have authentic tc wont allow you to turn them on or off and the activation light never comes on. Is authentic just borked on some cars?

There's a bug in this area which has been reported. In addition, it's worth noting that in case you have SC enabled in a car, you will not be able to disable TC, because SC is depending on TC (or so I heard :)). SC must be disabled first, then TC.

z3r0cool77
05-12-2017, 23:16
There's a bug in this area which has been reported. In addition, it's worth noting that in case you have SC enabled in a car, you will not be able to disable TC, because SC is depending on TC (or so I heard :)). SC must be disabled first, then TC.

Aware of that one. SC utilizes tc to maintain stability so one precludes the other. Perhaps its just that if the authentic settings include sc then that had to be turned off before tc or abs can be changed. Had always just thought of that circumstance applying to manual use of SC. Will take a look tonight and see if all the cars that wont allow tc/abs changes also use authentic sc. Perhaps the authentic assists just arent triggering the indicator lights? I dont believe I’ve felt the effects at all though. Turnin them on manually triggers the light and has a very noticable effect.