PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Road Course - GTE/GT3 as fast as LMP2 cars

cjhill44
05-12-2017, 22:24
I think this is similar to the issue on the Le Mans track which has now been fixed in the latest patch.

Just running a practice session on the Daytona Road Course with LMP2/GTE and GT3 classes.

Logic tells me that LMP2 should be quicker that GTE who are also slightly quicker than the GT3 cars.

However in my case all the classes seem to be similar in pace with some GT3 cars faster than LMP2.

Looking at the Rolex 24hr results from this year it is clear that the Prototypes are quicker than the GTLM cars but this is not the case in game.

Is this correct or is this another AI related issue that needs a bit of re-work?

Ignore the fact that it was raining at the time I took the screenshot, these times were set in dry cloudy conditions

Echo_29
05-12-2017, 22:30
I think it is something to do with the AI not wanting to overtake each other, I did a race with LMP2 and GTE as well and they basically stayed in line with each other, the LMP2's did not overtake the GTE's despite having a massive pace advantage, this was at Silverstone GP.

Tbolt
05-12-2017, 22:35
Well if you look at the TT Leaderboards the LMP2 car are clearly faster, though whether the gap is as big as it should be I'm not sure, would have to look further, so I think it's more like an AI problem.

Ofnir4
05-12-2017, 22:36
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58156-AI-GT1-Don-t-like-Monza&p=1436168&viewfull=1#post1436168

It's not Daytona specific, the overall pace of the P2 class is the issue.

Wayne Kerr
05-12-2017, 23:24
Well if you look at the TT Leaderboards the LMP2 car are clearly faster, though whether the gap is as big as it should be I'm not sure, would have to look further, so I think it's more like an AI problem.

my quali time vs the TT time was less than 2 tenths slower (so still under 39) at DIS a few weeks back when our league ran there.

43 is cluelessly slow. Even on full tank I could dip into the 39s with freshish tires and was running 40.0-40.3 like clockwork.

i should add:

so far my league's ran DIS, long beach, laguna, cota, following the "dates" of the '17 calendar.

If i were to compare the 2016 imsa times from all those places, discounting daytona because it was wet, my quali times were FASTER than all the imsa times. (12.2 at long beach, high 15 at laguna, and while i missed cota, on a mock quali run i was 56.5). Even if you were to compare the P2 q time (not dpi) for '17 Daytona, the 38 is still competitive amongst the P2 (DPI way faster obviously)

So the current v1.3 P2 is not lacking for pace if you compare it to IMSA times. Compared to WEC times the pros are still faster, because that's what they do for a living, and I'm perfectly ok with not being able to ever coming close to their laptimes.

Doug914
06-12-2017, 00:26
And we did finish this. The LMP2 cars will have more pace for the next patch. But don't confuse the 2017 IMSA DPI prototypes with 2014-2015 LMP2 cars. The IMSA cars have more power. But the latest update to them (and new Daytona AI paths) have them well under 1:40.

cjhill44
06-12-2017, 14:06
That sounds about right, glad to hear it's been addressed :D