PDA

View Full Version : Online Championship Desync and Disconnects

Daylen
05-12-2017, 23:31
Hey guys,
we ran the first round of our championship last night with a total grid of 26 drivers on Red Bull Ring, everyone was in the Porsche GT3 R. When we joined the lobby two of us were disconnected multiple times and the pings were a lot worse for everyone than they are on a regular lobby with that many drivers. But the real mess started when the race began. I myself host the league and when the lights went green I started from my perspective but was stuck on the grid as a ghost for everyone else. I could still finish the race but nobody else could see me on the track because for them I was still on the starting grid. We also had more cars bouncing around due to desync or lag than normal.

Is there anything that could be done to improve performance in the future? I'm on a 100 Mbit connection with 95 Mbps download and 40 Mbps upload. In general we have a lot of people with fast connections on the league who encountered similar issues. Maybe some IT voodoo we could do? I made sure before the race that nothing was running in the background and told our drivers to do the same.

satco1066
06-12-2017, 14:04
The problem with fast connection is, that this is only true for the line from your Router to your provider.
It does not automatically apply to the rest of the connection between your providers, countries or just cities.