PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait for the next gen VR headsets and graphic cards

Javaniceday
06-12-2017, 19:14
As amazing as VR is, and there really is no going back, its limitations are apparent. The pixelation of cars in the distance is a thing, and it does feel like your wearing blinders (so you have to turn your head to see the mirrors when irl you wouldn't need to). And it does suck that the graphics can't be as pretty as they would be in 2D.

But can you imagine what they'll be like in 3 or 4 or 5 years? Can't wait.

FxUK
06-12-2017, 21:16
As amazing as VR is, and there really is no going back, its limitations are apparent. The pixelation of cars in the distance is a thing, and it does feel like your wearing blinders (so you have to turn your head to see the mirrors when irl you wouldn't need to). And it does suck that the graphics can't be as pretty as they would be in 2D.

But can you imagine what they'll be like in 3 or 4 or 5 years? Can't wait.

No choice but to wait, but my wallet is ready, especially if they ever make a 'proper' VR helmet for the games that matter aka PC2, and ignore all of this Nintendo style VR game malarkey (jokes of course)

Imagine this, but with the entire viewing area being the actual visor... I would be throwing my wallet at the screen (and towards a few cooling fans)
https://www.roadtovr.com/helmetvr-combines-oculus-rift-real-race-helmet/

Mascot
06-12-2017, 21:22
You guys obviously haven't heard of the Pimax 8k.
First units are due to ship shortly after Christmas.

Javaniceday
06-12-2017, 21:25
You guys obviously haven't heard of the Pimax 8k.
First units are due to ship shortly after Christmas.

The chinese-made headset? I've heard of it. But from what I've read, they might be jumping the gun a bit. Technology is too expensive still, and not even a 1080ti in VR can give you similar fidelity of a 2D screen.