PDA

View Full Version : Opponent class "all" not available - bug or design?

Sessionerror
07-12-2017, 08:00
For one of our events I just wanted to create an online lobby with a completely free car choice. In Project CARS 1, we could set the opponent car choice "identical", "same class" and "all". In Project CARS 2 though, we have the additional "multiclass" setting, which is a great thing. However, it looks like the option "all" disappeared.

After reading the help text in the multiclass setting, I discovered that selecting no class there would be the same as giving the drivers a free choice of their car and this setting would therefore be the same as the old "all" car classes selection. Happy to have found the option I was looking for, I tried to deselect all classes...but I wasn't able to. The car class of my own car stayed selected all the time and therefore the other drivers weren't able to select cars from different classes as well.

To cut a long story short: Is there currently a way to give the drivers a completely free choice of cars? If not, is this intended or a bug (which I guess, since the help text in the multiclass setting mentions the "all" classes option).

CoproManiac
07-12-2017, 11:51
Do you by any chance have the language set to German? I think there might be a problem with the translation.
Edit: Sorry, I'm in the wrong menu, I see what you mean now.

Sessionerror
07-12-2017, 11:54
Do you by any chance have the language set to German? I think there might be a problem with the translation.

I have. But I'm talking about the help text within the multiclass selection screen. So you have to set the "opponent field type" to "multiclass" first and within the screen where you can specify the four classes, the help text says that selecting no class at all means that all classes can be selected by the players. At least in german it does :D

Edit: I think especially for fun races or track days, the completely free vehicle choice was a nice thing in Project CARS 1 and I'd love to have it back. Reading the help text there, I guess it's even intended to have it, but you can't get it currently.

Invincible
07-12-2017, 11:55
I have. But I'm talking about the help text within the multiclass selection screen. So you have to set the "opponent field type" to "multiclass" first and within the screen where you can specify the four classes, the help text says that selecting no class at all means that all classes can be selected by the players. At least in german it does :D

Have you tried selecting multiclass then and then de-select your own class?

Bealdor
07-12-2017, 11:56

Does that work? Because IIRC the game automatically selects at least one class, based on the car you've currently chosen.

Sessionerror
07-12-2017, 11:58
Have you tried selecting multiclass then and then de-select your own class?

I have, but I can't. It's like Bealdor says, the own class is always selected, though the help text says that selecting no class should be possible.

Invincible
07-12-2017, 12:01
I have, but I can't. It's like Bealdor says, the own class is always selected, though the help text says that selecting no class should be possible.

Hmm... I could swear I once was able to un-tick my own class, which enabled all cars. Maybe it has been WMD phase though.

CoproManiac
07-12-2017, 12:01

I can confirm. Pressing 'Clear all' doesn't clear the class you're currently in either.

Sessionerror
07-12-2017, 12:03
Hmm... I could swear I once was able to un-tick my own class, which enabled all cars. Maybe it has been WMD phase though.

Or maybe it's a console thing? I could swear I did something similar in the development phase too, but I only own a PS4 copy now. And it's not working there anymore.

That's also why I put the question in the thread title - I'm not sure what's the intended design. Is the help text wrong or the option doesn't work as intended? I'd love to have the free vehicle choice though :D

Edit: Okay...doesn't seem to be a console issue. Thanks for confirming, CoproManiac!

Sessionerror
21-02-2018, 20:40
I just tested this one with patch 4 on PS4, and unfortunately, it's still not possible to deselect all classes in the multiclass screen and therefore allow the use of "all" cars, as described in the help text.

Sessionerror
15-03-2018, 08:53
Interesting find yesterday: It looks like we are able to select no class at all and chose among all cars in Online Championships. So this functionality needs to be transfered to general online lobby settings and we're fine :)