PDA

View Full Version : Patch 3.01 Multiplayer Lobby Crashes

CodeCmdr
07-12-2017, 19:33
With the new 3.01 patch, the game keeps crashing every time I join multiplayer lobbies. One of those crashes even managed to lock up my PS4 completely, so that I couldn't even command the operating system to close the application. :mad:

It took 2 weeks for this patch to get through Sony's QA. How does a buggy PoS like this get through SMS's internal QA and Sony's QA as well?

I'm done with this game. I'll give it another try in a year.

SIR_Driftalot
08-12-2017, 07:10
Life isn’t everything you want it to be outside of your moms basement is it?

If people held politicians to the same standards as they held game developers, we’d all be living in utopia.

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 08:08
With the new 3.01 patch, the game keeps crashing every time I join multiplayer lobbies. One of those crashes even managed to lock up my PS4 completely, so that I couldn't even command the operating system to close the application. :mad:

It took 2 weeks for this patch to get through Sony's QA. How does a buggy PoS like this get through SMS's internal QA and Sony's QA as well?

I'm done with this game. I'll give it another try in a year.

This will happen until all those joining are on the same patch. It's not a bug, it's users trying to join with a different exe. Which clearly won't work.

Bye.

SCClockDr
08-12-2017, 13:43
Can us Yanks even see a 3.01 lobby? Just recently I saw only 2 lobbies & not that many players.

ant1897
08-12-2017, 13:49
good thing we don't have any league racing tonight or tomorrow. It'd would have to be cancelled as NA players are on a different build than the rest of the world. WTF Sony.

CodeCmdr
09-12-2017, 07:49
This will happen until all those joining are on the same patch. It's not a bug, it's users trying to join with a different exe. Which clearly won't work.

Bye.

You don't consider the PS4 crashing so badly that it requires a hard-reboot, because the PCars2 software developers didn't bother implementing any kind of version check in the multiplayer connection initialization protocol, a bug? That's computer network programming 101. If not even the CEO considers something like this a bug, no wonder the software developers at SMS get away with producing such buggy software.

I want to love this game, but the quality is really lacking. Ian, you're too lenient with your team about these quality issues.

Chaospunx82
09-12-2017, 21:45
Been online racing alot today and a bit last night not had one problem can change cars fine and not suffered any crashes

danpinho
10-12-2017, 17:58
This one happens to all the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x93Qx1Wwl-Y

Lord_Flexington
11-12-2017, 19:06
Hey will the ps4 get dedicated servers or is that PC only thing? Just seems to be one on the Multiplayer things I was looking forward too.

Daz
12-12-2017, 11:46
I Get that too usually when I'm setting a lobby up and choosing my car class or it freezes

solocapers
12-12-2017, 18:07

Bye.

Out of curiosity.

In that case why doesnt the game show a message like "Game version and host version different - Please update" or something along those lines rather than crash? Thats HNC programming standard stuff.

Seems like an obvious thing to do....

porkovich
12-12-2017, 18:19
Refreshing the lobby list results in a strange lock of the system. The only way to unfreese it was to log in with my controler, as a second device to the steering wheel. System recovered but game crashed. Report submited ...

Second test, selecting a car results in the same error and crash, but no hang up. MP is unplayable. Now we will need to wait Sony to approve a fix for 2/3 weeks...

Fishingmutt
16-12-2017, 02:27
I'm using the G29 and refreshing the lobby seems to work for me but selecting a car for the race crashes the game ever time. If i use the car that's all ready selected I'm usually okay everything will work.

Ian Bell
16-12-2017, 02:30
Out of curiosity.

In that case why doesnt the game show a message like "Game version and host version different - Please update" or something along those lines rather than crash? Thats HNC programming standard stuff.

Seems like an obvious thing to do....

It should.