PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to change the engine-soundfile in PC2? Some cars needs an update :D

Thirty-Four
07-12-2017, 19:34
Hello everyone!

Ist it possible to change the engine-soundfile in Project Cars 2? Especially the file of the Porsche 911 GT3R, in my opinion the RUF CTR GT3 in Project Cars sound much more realistic than the one in PC2 :(

So i would like to change the file from the RUF to the Porsche!

I also would like to change the file of any exhaust-sound, the "Burble" and "Bang" in the Moment of (up and down) shifting was in PC1 really more exciting and realistic!

Specially the new BMW M6 GT3 is nothing compared to the real one, in real it sounds like the unholy child of an tank and an thunderstorm! :D

I understand, all cars sounds in game the same like in youtube videos, but everyone that was at a real GT3 Race knows, there are worlds between them!

It would be great if anyone could answer in any chase...

Zenzic
07-12-2017, 21:00
You should consider asking this guy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9YluPOyXmg) to do your engine sounds. :D

Killso2
07-12-2017, 21:05
You should consider asking this guy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9YluPOyXmg) to do your engine sounds. :D

I was sure even before clicking on the link that this would be this video ahah !

Interchangeable
07-12-2017, 21:16
Hello everyone!

Ist it possible to change the engine-soundfile in Project Cars 2? Especially the file of the Porsche 911 GT3R, in my opinion the RUF CTR GT3 in Project Cars sound much more realistic than the one in PC2 :(

So i would like to change the file from the RUF to the Porsche!

I also would like to change the file of any exhaust-sound, the "Burble" and "Bang" in the Moment of (up and down) shifting was in PC1 really more exciting and realistic!

Specially the new BMW M6 GT3 is nothing compared to the real one, in real it sounds like the unholy child of an tank and an thunderstorm! :D

I understand, all cars sounds in game the same like in youtube videos, but everyone that was at a real GT3 Race knows, there are worlds between them!

It would be great if anyone could answer in any chase...

Strange......'cause I thought that the BMW was one of the better sounding cars!

The McLaren defo needs work though and also the Nissan both sound nothing like their real counter parts. Porsche is ok and the rest aren't too far off.

I have seen every Modern GT3 car there is in the game, apart from the Ginetta and Caddy (Doesn't race in Euroland) and RS01 (Pretty sure that this uses the same Nissan engine as the GTR) .

Thirty-Four
08-12-2017, 16:24
Strange......'cause I thought that the BMW was one of the better sounding cars!

The McLaren defo needs work though and also the Nissan both sound nothing like their real counter parts. Porsche is ok and the rest aren't too far off.

I have seen every Modern GT3 car there is in the game, apart from the Ginetta and Caddy (Doesn't race in Euroland) and RS01 (Pretty sure that this uses the same Nissan engine as the GTR) .

I´m a member of an raceteam wich starts in races with some GT3 Cars, and I´m at every 24H Nürburgring in the Pit Area and at the Track so I know most GT3 Cars from near. The M6 is not bad, only the brutality at downtouring and shifting is not like the real one. The Porsche sounds like Gran Turismo 4/5/6, the RUF GT3 was perfekt!

In general the Backfiresound for small and big engines are the same, this ist not realistic, bigger engines generate a bigger deeper "Bang" that sounds more "volume".

The McLaren, you´re right, is nice to hear in the game, but different from real. I don´t like to say this because the McLaren is my favourite GT3 Car, but the real one is not that much V8 like in the game, more like the Ferrari in game.
The Nissan I don´t hear that often in real to say much about, and the RS.01 I don´t remember from the first time this year i heard it.

Scuderia Paul
08-12-2017, 22:29
I actually don't think the Porsches as a whole sound too good. Assetto Corsa seems to replicate them far better. It is a pity because some cars sound terrific and the update to the sound mixing in Replay is nice.

Roushman624
08-12-2017, 22:33
I actually don't think the Porsches as a whole sound too good. Assetto Corsa seems to replicate them far better. It is a pity because some cars sound terrific and the update to the sound mixing in Replay is nice.
A lot of cars sound much better in gameplay and replay but in replay some cars sound absolutely horrible now. Try the Aston Martin Vulcan in private testing and you will be in shock.