PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G29 wheel issues

stevewf1
07-12-2017, 20:55
Having issues with Logitech G29 wheel where the wheel moves violently left and right on the straights, meaning you have to hold the wheel very tightly to keep the car going straight. Doesn't happen with the wheel on any other racing games, only happens on PCars 2 and seems worse since the new patch. Have tried changing all the wheel settings within the game and doesn't seem to fix it. Anybody else having similar issues?

never enough
09-12-2017, 21:38
I have the same problem with my G920 on XB1, but it seems to be related to the number of AI. Do you have the same issue in private testing?

Chaospunx82
09-12-2017, 22:14
G29 here too no problems before or after patch what setting you running and have you deleted your wheel settings after the update

Plexus58
10-12-2017, 02:01
(...) have you deleted your wheel settings after the update

Chaospunx82, are you sure that it's necessary to delete the wheel settings? I thought it was only the tuning setups that had to be deleted after the patch...

Chaospunx82
10-12-2017, 08:07
Chaospunx82, are you sure that it's necessary to delete the wheel settings? I thought it was only the tuning setups that had to be deleted after the patch...

I'm not sure mate no but I did it anyway to be compleatly sure everything would be fresh with the new patch but that's just me don't like anything that may cause me doubt lol

mtqp
16-12-2017, 19:14
Hi guys,

Though configured, I can't seem to remove the automatic clutch from the G29 wheel. Tried calibrating the wheel and pedals several times without success.

Have any of you had the same problem, and if so, how do I fix it?

2010 Synergy Camaro
16-12-2017, 19:51
Hi guys,

Though configured, I can't seem to remove the automatic clutch from the G29 wheel. Tried calibrating the wheel and pedals several times without success.

Have any of you had the same problem, and if so, how do I fix it?

You should find there is an in-game setting that allows you to turn automatic clutch off or on. I believe it defaults to on.

mtqp
17-12-2017, 13:15
Thanks for the response!

Yes I found it and changed it to off, but still, if I use a car with a manual transmission, when moving the lever through the H shifter of the controls, the gear changes without needing the clutch...

Have any of you have it configured and working that way?

Minimitch
17-12-2017, 14:04
The clutch not being required is a known issue across a wheels. Hopefully will be fixed in a future update

Chaospunx82
17-12-2017, 18:58
You can change gear without a clutch in a real car to if you know what your doing maybe the game is replicating this?

hkraft300
17-12-2017, 20:30
You can change gear without a clutch in a real car to if you know what your doing maybe the game is replicating this?

+1
Just needs the bang when you get it wrong, the gearbox or engine taking damage.

mtqp
17-12-2017, 20:35
Thank you for your feedback guys, you have been really helpful!

I'll wait for the update then.