PDA

View Full Version : Gaps in graphics

RookieRaceline
08-12-2017, 10:01
I am getting some strange gaps in the cockpit view
The ones i have marked with yellow arrows, my mind can accept as the vinyl not covering the whole thing, but the red ones, don't make much sense to me.

Invincible
08-12-2017, 10:12
I am getting some strange gaps in the cockpit view
The ones i have marked with yellow arrows, my mind can accept as the vinyl not covering the whole thing, but the red ones, don't make much sense to me.

That's an AA issue, it has nothing to do with the vinyl itself. If the vinyl was spaced out, it would look fairly stupid in vr...

RookieRaceline
08-12-2017, 10:23
That's an AA issue, it has nothing to do with the vinyl itself. If the vinyl was spaced out, it would look fairly stupid in vr...

Sorry i'm not used to testing, but what is an AA issue?

Invincible
08-12-2017, 10:25
Sorry i'm not used to testing, but what is an AA issue?

Anti-Aliasing.

RookieRaceline
08-12-2017, 10:27
Anti-Aliasing.

So is this a setting i can change on xbox, or my TV, or something that needs to be adjusted by thte devs?

Invincible
08-12-2017, 10:38
So is this a setting i can change on xbox, or my TV, or something that needs to be adjusted by thte devs?

I doubt you can change it. Not on the Xbone at least. On the one X you could choose a different option, going for 4k which doesn't need as much anti-aliasing.
But I have in on Pc too under certain conditions. It just try to ignore it.

Gix916
11-12-2017, 11:41
I have this to on xbox, but I hardly notice it tbh as I'm too busy looking where i'm going.

Zaskarspants
11-12-2017, 13:29

Some Tvs have a game mode that aims to reduce lag by avoiding some post processing in the TV. When I used this setting I didn't notice any reduction in lag but the picture was lacking any softening, this increased the visibility of jaggies.

Avoid use game mode, and use a soft setting on the sharpening slider if you have one.

Elitetoker
15-12-2017, 19:07
Game mode is there for a reason
Response time
I advise you use it
I've never seen anyone advise not to use it ever

Zaskarspants
18-12-2017, 11:07
Game mode is there for a reason
Response time
I advise you use it
I've never seen anyone advise not to use it ever

No, you are mistaken, there was no decrease in lag I assure you.

Game mode often looks very rough and can aggravate aliasing issues.