PDA

View Full Version : Problems with pedal realizim not working like a real car.

cag
08-12-2017, 20:44
Thrustmaster T300 + T3PA Pro pedals.

First Pedals have been calibrated in the game.
sensitivity set from 0 - 100 makes no difference.

Place the car the (N) gear. press the gas about 10% and the engine climbs to red line. (HUD) shows the gas is about 10% HUD displays the correct input, but the engine doesn't respond correctly.

Trying to modulate engine RPM from 2500-3500 is impossible. When in gear its better but to easy to go from no throttle to full throttle.

Brakes seem to work similar, the game applies full braking to easily without full pedal pressed to the floor. Brakes lock up vs real life car.

What's is going on here. Tried the same idea in GT Sport, but this game behaves like my real car does as to these items.

I find it difficult to modulate gas and brakes properly in PC2 game, its either no gas - little gas or full gas only.

Daz555
09-12-2017, 03:33
No idea what could be the problem. My T3PA pedals respond just as I'd expect. Is this PC or PS4? Your profile says PC.

Azure Flare
09-12-2017, 03:37
Gas, brake, and clutch should be set to 50 for a completely linear pedal, like a real car.

Ian Bell
09-12-2017, 03:53
Thrustmaster T300 + T3PA Pro pedals.

First Pedals have been calibrated in the game.
sensitivity set from 0 - 100 makes no difference.

Place the car the (N) gear. press the gas about 10% and the engine climbs to red line. (HUD) shows the gas is about 10% HUD displays the correct input, but the engine doesn't respond correctly.

Trying to modulate engine RPM from 2500-3500 is impossible. When in gear its better but to easy to go from no throttle to full throttle.

Brakes seem to work similar, the game applies full braking to easily without full pedal pressed to the floor. Brakes lock up vs real life car.

What's is going on here. Tried the same idea in GT Sport, but this game behaves like my real car does as to these items.

I find it difficult to modulate gas and brakes properly in PC2 game, its either no gas - little gas or full gas only.

I don't know what to say but have you ever driven a real car? In none of them do you need to push the brake pedal to the floor to get good braking. That would be considered broken brakes needing a swift emergency trip to a mechanic.

Similarly with throttle. No car works on a completely linear 'throttle depression to rev's' system. Any car I have, half throttle will max out revs. Just a little slower than full throttle.

Now beyond that, your calibration is probably off also but I want to address your misconceptions of 'reality'.

snakehands
09-12-2017, 07:21
OP forgets I f the engine is in neutral then it’s not under load.

Keena
09-12-2017, 09:27
Just to play devils advocate for a second..
I have to sit in my drive often for 10 mins with the revs at about 2-3000 demisting/deicing my windscreen and getting heat into the beast. Done with a little throttle compression, so to say that real cars red line is erroneous. Yeah sure 50% would do it but the OP is talking about quite low values there, such as I would use in my car. I'm away from pc until Mon night but look forward to testing this myself when I get home. I have a vested interest in this as currently in formula rookie it's a full throttle dump the clutch start which clearly won't be good enough in higher powered cars. I haven't played with getting correct revs yet as simply haven t had to.

snakehands
09-12-2017, 09:33
Just to play devils advocate for a second..
I have to sit in my drive often for 10 mins with the revs at about 2-3000 demisting/deicing my windscreen and getting heat into the beast. Done with a little throttle compression, so to say that real cars red line is erroneous. Yeah sure 50% would do it but the OP is talking about quite low values there, such as I would use in my car. I'm away from pc until Mon night but look forward to testing this myself when I get home. I have a vested interest in this as currently in formula rookie it's a full throttle dump the clutch start which clearly won't be good enough in higher powered cars. I haven't played with getting correct revs yet as simply haven t had to.

Yeah but some race cars have lightened flywheels.

Keena
09-12-2017, 09:34
Yeah but some race cars have lightened flywheels.

So from a technical point of view, what are the effects of that? Humor me as it is not always obvious to my little brain.

snakehands
09-12-2017, 09:42
So from a technical point of view, what are the effects of that? Humor me as it is not always obvious to my little brain.

Less mass holding back the unloaded engine when you give it beans. You can check if the flywheel is light by reving up, chopping the throttle and seeing how fast the revs die down to idle.

Keena
09-12-2017, 09:44
Yeah that makes total sense. Thanks dude. So actually quite significant which car etc you happen to be in. Good point well made and not appreciated by me :)

snakehands
09-12-2017, 09:58
Yeah that makes total sense. Thanks dude. So actually quite significant which car etc you happen to be in. Good point well made and not appreciated by me :)

Try the group C Jaguar, that’s a good example. We’ve probably all seen video of professional racing drivers trying to pull away and seemingly making a pig’s ear of it, well it’s all down to light flywheels and racing clutches.

cag
09-12-2017, 14:55
Running PS4 system.

cag
09-12-2017, 14:58
I don't know what to say but have you ever driven a real car? In none of them do you need to push the brake pedal to the floor to get good braking. That would be considered broken brakes needing a swift emergency trip to a mechanic.

Similarly with throttle. No car works on a completely linear 'throttle depression to rev's' system. Any car I have, half throttle will max out revs. Just a little slower than full throttle.

Now beyond that, your calibration is probably off also but I want to address your misconceptions of 'reality'.

The car I am comparing is the C7 Z06 vs the real C7 Z06.
Its easy to modulate the engine RPM 1000-4000RPM in (N) in the game its impossible to replicate this.
for me at ~ 10% (HUD) display the engine climbs to RED LINE.
With the car in gear (1) you need to go to 15% to get the same result.
In the game for me it takes nothing to get the car to RED LINE.

So the game result is poor braking results (too much braking) and corner exit (too much throttle)

The same car in GT Sport behaves much better with way more pedal variation available.

I don't know what to say the HUD displays correct as to my input, but the car behaves like 2 pedal positions . full off or full on.

cag
09-12-2017, 15:16
I don't know what to say but have you ever driven a real car?

The Car is the C7 Z06, even driven one at the track. PC2 car version for me in the game doesn't even come close to the real car.

In the game for me the car requires very little input to get it to race, real life car requires a lot more input on the pedals at the track.

Zaskarspants
09-12-2017, 15:32
The Car is the C7 Z06, even driven one at the track. PC2 car version for me in the game doesn't even come close to the real car.

In the game for me the car requires very little input to get it to race, real life car requires a lot more input on the pedals at the track.

The game is a simulation of reality, not a replication of reality.
Having said that, you may be able to tune the pedals response to your taste by fiddling with sensitivity and deadzone.

Also, remember individual cars of the same model can feel surprisingly different.

Mad Al
09-12-2017, 18:08
It's entirely possible that the real car has a non linear throttle, extra electronics to deal with zero load input and lots of other things that may change the throttle response compared to the in game car.. You want more throttle motion at the bottom end, change the throttle sensitivity..

snakehands
09-12-2017, 18:24
It's entirely possible that the real car has a non linear throttle, extra electronics to deal with zero load input and lots of other things that may change the throttle response compared to the in game car.. You want more throttle motion at the bottom end, change the throttle sensitivity..

Yep, drive by wire.

Pete Gaimari
09-12-2017, 20:02
Sounds like a calibration problem to me.

Herege
10-12-2017, 00:22
I use 0% sensitivity, both on the accelerator and on the brake, and I feel that I can best approximate reality in general terms. It's worth trying and test.

Ian Bell
10-12-2017, 00:51

As I said at the end of my post, you probably need to calibrate your pedals. I need to put about 45% throttle in to max out the revs here (I just checked).

Also, that car was signed off by Tommy Milner after 18 months of input and polish and he won Le Mans in it... So I disagree with your assertion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkgrHumRwEk

peterCars
10-12-2017, 00:59
I'd say Ian is right, calibrate in Windows games controller properties.

snakehands
10-12-2017, 06:05
As I said at the end of my post, you probably need to calibrate your pedals. I need to put about 45% throttle in to max out the revs here (I just checked).

Also, that car was signed off by Tommy Milner after 18 months of input and polish and he won Le Mans in it... So I disagree with your assertion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkgrHumRwEk

Case closed

CSL-Drive
10-12-2017, 08:22
Yeah same problem for playstation 4 logitech G29 default throttle sensitivity is set to 50% making the car slide in corner exiting with the slightest of throttle pressing, where as the pc G29 default throttle sensitivity is set to 17% or 27% not remember exactly, but it was allot lower, so u can press allot more on exiting corners. Not sure which one is more realistic but I do slide allot more on the ps4 version. Tho thats also cause the ffb has no weight to it and a world of oscillation on the ps4 version. Feels like steering with supet big and long elastics. Im still trying to find solutions for my bugged ps4 version.

cag
10-12-2017, 14:26
Wrong car. Can you check with the Street Version c7 Z06. I am using a PS4 system.

cag
10-12-2017, 14:32
Case still open. Test using the Street C7 Z06, I am running on a PS4 system. But I will now test using the C7R car and see if I get the same results.

cag
10-12-2017, 15:05
Using PS4 Pro System. So I guess I only have the calibration screen.

cag
10-12-2017, 15:14

So I just tested the C7R and for me there is a day and night difference. Are you testing on a PC or PS4. With this car I need about 30% throttle in (1) for the car to redline. and similar in (N)

The C7R is drivable and since I have not driven a C7R I cannot tell you if its real or not and will go with Tommy Milner on this one. As for the Street C7 Z06 this isn't working for me yet.

The brakes improved by changing the ABS Setting percentage to a more realistic setting where the brakes don't lock on good dry conditions. And if I reduce the restrictor size the street version has better pedal response due to less horse power being applied with little throttle input, but the top end performance is now incorrect.

But others on PS4 system should be able to verify similar problems with pedal response sensitivity. I am going to test more cars to see if the problem is with street cars.

Zaskarspants
10-12-2017, 15:30
Is what you are describing possibly just wheelspin? That car can spin the rears up to third gear when full throttle is applied.

Mad Al
10-12-2017, 16:11
Is what you are describing possibly just wheelspin? That car can spin the rears up to third gear when full throttle is applied.

Fairly unlikely as he is talking about the car when in neutral ...

snakehands
10-12-2017, 16:21

All he has to do is adjust the throttle sensitivity and case closed.

Zaskarspants
10-12-2017, 16:22

I fear i just don't grasp the nature of the problem. You press the throttle and the car revs, but it is revving wrong?

snakehands
10-12-2017, 16:28
I fear i just don't grasp the nature of the problem. You press the throttle and the car revs, but it is revving wrong?

Yep, I don’t know what he’s whining about though, as it’s an easy fix.

cag
10-12-2017, 17:25
All he has to do is adjust the throttle sensitivity and case closed.

Tired that all the way down to 0 still to sensitive with light throttle input. May only be a PS4 issue. still requires ~15% throttle to feel like 100% throttle.

Anyways I am off to the race track with a real C7 Z06 and I will do the same tests using a real C7 Z06 car.

snakehands
10-12-2017, 17:28
Tired that all the way down to 0 still to sensitive with light throttle input. May only be a PS4 issue. still requires ~15% throttle to feel like 100% throttle.

Anyways I am off to the race track with a real C7 Z06 and I will do the same tests using a real C7 Z06 car.

Take your GoPro

cag
10-12-2017, 17:32
Yep, I don’t know what he’s whining about though, as it’s an easy fix.

Are you using a PS4 pro system ? Tried the easy fix. Same response no low-mid range throttle response. Please note the HUD shows the correct input, just the car behaves like no throttle or full throttle.
With R compound tires its completely unrealistic for me. To blow the tires off with ~ 15% throttle input doesn't match the real car or it would be un driveable on the street by a human and that isn't so. This is a very street able car.

Seems people using the PC version may have a different response.