PDA

View Full Version : Career Indycar Selection Issue?

BaSsMaNLoFtY
09-12-2017, 14:58
So I'm about to start the Indycar series in career and noticed that both the short and long versions of the race calendar has both ovals and tracks.

The issue I see is that when selecting a car (either Honda or Chevy), I have to pick either road or oval variant. Surely that can't be the case as that means I can't have the high downforce car for track racing and the speedway variant for ovals!

Can someone tell me if this is right? Or is the correct car picked for each track? This seems like a misjudgment otherwise to not allow the choice of aero package through the race calendar.

Mahjik
09-12-2017, 15:00
The correct version should be automatically selected for you for the correct track.

BaSsMaNLoFtY
09-12-2017, 15:04
The correct version should be automatically selected for you for the correct track.

I have selected the road version of the Honda when signing contract. First race is an oval and the car chosen is the road variant.

This seems wrong to me.

Mahjik
09-12-2017, 15:54
Can't say I've run the Indycar series, but it's likely you have the option before each race which version of car to use. The AI should be set to the correct car regardless of which one you pick.