PDA

View Full Version : [Fixed] after patch fanatec csw 2.5 go horrible feedback

romajube
09-12-2017, 16:23
since the update of yesterday the fanatec csw 2.5 is very bad the feedback is horrible please take out a new update to correct it

Sankyo
09-12-2017, 16:28
You automatically conclude that something is broken in the game, but you haven't told us yet what is so 'horrible' about the FFB now, and what you have done to try and fix it?

romajube
09-12-2017, 16:39
you were right, until before the update the feedback felt very good, since the update was lost all floor feeling, pianos, only feel the feedback when turning the car, try to change the configuration but remains the same

Maurice Boeschen
09-12-2017, 16:41
What exactly feels broken for you?
With Antijolt2 and Anti-vibe the CSW V2.5 feels better than ever before for me.

Sankyo
09-12-2017, 16:42
What exactly feels broken for you?
With Antijolt2 and Anti-vibe the CSW V2.5 feels better than ever before for me.

At least the OP is on XB1 :)

romajube
09-12-2017, 16:46
I use it in pure, and I do not feel the friction of the floor on the wheels, nor the pianos, before the update I felt it very well, would you tell me which configuration do you use to test it? thank you, and sorry for the language, I'm Argentine and I'm using the translator, sorry

Sankyo
09-12-2017, 16:50
Have you guys done a hard reset of the console after the update?

romajube
09-12-2017, 16:52
What do you mean with a hard reset? just turn it off and on again?

inthebagbud
09-12-2017, 17:33
You automatically conclude that something is broken in the game, but you haven't told us yet what is so 'horrible' about the FFB now, and what you have done to try and fix it?

Remco there are a few of us noting that ffb has gone different on xbox since patch 3- we have opened 2 or 3 threads about this

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52440-Fanatec-wheel-users-and-FFB-settings&p=1442816&viewfull=1#post1442816

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58554-Fanatec-ffb-issue-with-patch-3&p=1442824&viewfull=1#post1442824

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58553-Fanatec-CSW-V2-Force-Feedback&p=1442823&viewfull=1#post1442823

Bavarian Turbo
09-12-2017, 17:48
Have you guys done a hard reset of the console after the update?

I tried everything hard reset, new installation, other USB port, other hard drive (from external to internal) new profile ....

with the demo zero problems and good force feedback, there must be a bug in 3.0.1

Sankyo
09-12-2017, 18:19
I've reported this to the devs now.

inthebagbud
09-12-2017, 19:11

Thanks

killer2293
09-12-2017, 22:46

Thank you. I've said this before on these forums. I just appreciate the help from everyone. Pretty cool we can post a problem and most everyone tries to help out and figure out why it's a problem. So let me also say thank you to the community.

Gymnast
11-12-2017, 09:58
Same stuff here with my fanatec 2.5 on xbox. No road or kerb feedback only feedback is wheel wheight nothing else:(

Bavarian Turbo
12-12-2017, 10:36

is there any news for us?

can we hope for a hotfix or do we have to wait for the next regular patch?

Unfortunately, with this FFB it's not much fun to drive

Sankyo
12-12-2017, 10:43
The latest I got is that this will be fixed in patch 4.0.

Bavarian Turbo
12-12-2017, 12:47

thanks for the answer, is there any hope that 4.0 will still appear on the Xbox in 2017?

Jezza819
12-12-2017, 13:55
is there any news for us?

can we hope for a hotfix or do we have to wait for the next regular patch?

Unfortunately, with this FFB it's not much fun to drive

Certain cars are just a mess right now. I drove the Toyota TS040 for the first time post patch last night and it was totally numb. Hopefully Patch 4.0 is just around the corner to fix all of this.

Maurice Boeschen
12-12-2017, 13:56
Certain cars are just a mess right now. I drove the Toyota TS040 for the first time post patch last night and it was totally numb. Hopefully Patch 4.0 is just around the corner to fix all of this.

Patch 3 just came out.
I personally dont expect a new patch this year. mid January at the earliest I would say.

Elitetoker
12-12-2017, 14:08
Shocking how they can ruin the only part that seemed to be working
All I could do before was hotlap as the game was unplayable on original Xbox

I got a one x just for the improved frames and smoother gameplay and how they have made that purchase pointless as the game is now unplayable

Clearly don't test the patch as clubsport was in the patch notes so clearly needed testing and it would of took 5 seconds to realise the fx slider does nothing at all

I feel like I've been robbed

It needs a hotfix and fast
If one don't come by new year I'll be giving up and getting a refund on the game and dlc
Sat here with absolutely nothing to do and skint cos I tried enjoying pcars 2

Fight-Test
12-12-2017, 14:23
Question about this. I have a Fanatec 2.5 on the way but i was noticing this with my t300 also. If I use Jack Spade I have all the feelings from the road and bumps, if I use Raw it feels like the road is smooth as butter. You can feel the weight shift when going over hills, bumps or dips but you can't actually feel the tires when this happens, its more like you can feel the suspension shift and transfer weight. So my question is on the 2.5 does Jacks make it feel good like on the t300 or is it just fubar all the way around?

Sankyo
12-12-2017, 14:33
Question about this. I have a Fanatec 2.5 on the way but i was noticing this with my t300 also. If I use Jack Spade I have all the feelings from the road and bumps, if I use Raw it feels like the road is smooth as butter. You can feel the weight shift when going over hills, bumps or dips but you can't actually feel the tires when this happens, its more like you can feel the suspension shift and transfer weight. So my question is on the 2.5 does Jacks make it feel good like on the t300 or is it just fubar all the way around?
The CSW v2.5 gives much more and more detailed FFB by default, but it all depends on your personal taste of course. Just try it first using the in-game presets, and see if you can get what you're looking for.

Gymnast
12-12-2017, 20:53
Shocking how they can ruin the only part that seemed to be working
All I could do before was hotlap as the game was unplayable on original Xbox

I got a one x just for the improved frames and smoother gameplay and how they have made that purchase pointless as the game is now unplayable

Clearly don't test the patch as clubsport was in the patch notes so clearly needed testing and it would of took 5 seconds to realise the fx slider does nothing at all

I feel like I've been robbed

It needs a hotfix and fast
If one don't come by new year I'll be giving up and getting a refund on the game and dlc
Sat here with absolutely nothing to do and skint cos I tried enjoying pcars 2

Same here.. it could be next januari or even later for the next patch. Not gonna wait that long really..

transfix
13-12-2017, 19:04
There is definitely no ffb feel on CSW V2 under RAW. Immersive is better so hopefully all will be good next patch.

killer2293
14-12-2017, 14:44
I think Immersive is better. It is still not what it was pre 3.0 patch. The FFB pre patch was fine IMO. I would be thrilled if we could just get that back.

Maurice Boeschen
14-12-2017, 15:00
Is this only an issue on consoles? On the PC I get better FFB than ever before... strange.

Sankyo
14-12-2017, 15:03
Is this only an issue on consoles? On the PC I get better FFB than ever before... strange.
I think so.

Jezza819
14-12-2017, 20:22

I'm on Xbox One X and I have it and I think the others I've seen are on Xbox also so I don't know if any PS4 users have it or not.

Elitetoker
14-12-2017, 22:49
Raw and informative the fx slider does nothing immersive it does but it's not right
Nowhere near
You can not feel grip at all only weight transfer
Suspension feels great don't get me wrong it's much improved but without being able to feel the grip it feels like I'm playing wipeout

Anyway add me on Xbox SRL_Junique and I'll hopefully see some of you on track when it's fixed

Grea5eMunki
15-12-2017, 01:14
Just run it in immersive. Works perfectly for me.

Bavarian Turbo
15-12-2017, 10:50

yes its a problem of the xbox version, i play pc2 on pc too an there is all ok

Bavarian Turbo
15-12-2017, 10:53
Just run it in immersive. Works perfectly for me.

if you are satisfied with that ok, but it is definitely not a solution because no matter which FFB mode you currently choose it is significantly worse than before patch 3.0 or in the demo

justonce68
15-12-2017, 10:57
This has been discussed in another thread, there is no road or kerb feeling in Raw, it this there to a degree in immersive but not to the degree is should be, its not game breaking by any stretch of the imagination. the game is still very drivable but does require looking at as I'm sure it will be. I have the one X and i think this is only an xbox issue but could be wrong
I posted this in another thread, where you can see no real input on the telemetry graph in Raw, even when the settings are maxed out

http://xboxclips.com/iTractorboy/24c6f88a-089e-481a-b430-08247b666e6e

http://xboxclips.com/iTractorboy/fa10c764-fdc0-49be-b607-96d1f730d697

Juiced46
19-12-2017, 22:37
Same here on Xbox One X with a V2.5 Base and CSL Elite Xbox P1 rim. Raw and Informative, no kerbs or road feel. FX slider does nothing. Immersive you get kerbs and road feel but it does not feel right and very jerky. All flavours are driveable, but they just do not feel right.

Juiced46
20-12-2017, 01:12
I posted this in the other thread, but figured I would share it here.

I decided to download the demo and guess what. Its all working with Raw and working correctly. Nothing like the full game. All adjustments with RAW are working including the FX slider. Also, the FFB Histogram is showing it as well, where its actually clipping if I turn it up to much on the Demo. On the full game, FFB histogram usually stays in the 20-60% range max and never gets high enough to clip regardless of the setting. Something is not right for sure in the full game, because in the demo it is TOTALLY different and feels RIGHT.

I also noticed in the demo that, under the FFB Histogram it says "CSW V2.X" In the full game, it says "SMS.R.5" Both Demo and Full game in the CONTROLS setting do show a Fanatec V2.X. However the Histograms show other wise. See pictures below. Hopefully the devs see this.

First picture is the Full version, Notice it says SMS.R.5

Demo Shows CSW V2.X

transfix
20-12-2017, 10:57
Any insight on if this has been resolved with Patch 4.0? Game not recognizing the CSWv2 as shown above as well as road & bump feedback?

Sankyo
20-12-2017, 12:36
The tag behind the FFB histogram has nothing to do with recognizing the wheel. If the wheel is recognized in the Controls section and showing the correct controller preset when starting the game, then it's fine.

inthebagbud
20-12-2017, 15:08
The tag behind the FFB histogram has nothing to do with recognizing the wheel. If the wheel is recognized in the Controls section and showing the correct controller preset when starting the game, then it's fine.

But it did show the wheel type up to patch 3 and now doesn't - we are just pointing out the differences in the hope it allows SMS to focus in on the issue and fix it

Maurice Boeschen
20-12-2017, 15:21
Before Patch 3 the steering wheel model was shown. Now with Patch 3 the actual internal name of the FFB flavor is shown.

transfix
20-12-2017, 18:14
Before Patch 3 the steering wheel model was shown. Now with Patch 3 the actual internal name of the FFB flavor is shown.

Maurice are you aware if the Road and Bump feedback has been addressed?

inthebagbud
20-12-2017, 18:18

Is that by design and if so why does it not say Raw, Immersive, informative as those are the only available flavours on console versions?

Juiced46
20-12-2017, 22:13

Thanks for the clarification. The wheel is recognized correctly in the control menu. I would just share my observations to see if that helped. Regardless of that, there is indeed an FFB issue. The difference between the full game and Demo is night and day in FFB feel.

lmbg
27-12-2017, 15:46
Same here.
No curb, bump, road or off-road feel...
I hope this will be patched soon !

| xBox One X | CSW V2.5 , CSP V3, CSS 1.5 |

BADBAZIL BARRY
31-12-2017, 06:29
Yeh i have the same problem with my fanatec v2 wheel it feels like driving on silk lol, gotta say it was way better before it got messed with. hopefully they sms will fix it asap.

Bavarian Turbo
18-01-2018, 09:44
will the bug be fixed at least with the next patch?

NightStalker916
18-01-2018, 18:30
Any update on this issue? I want to play PC2 again!

Juiced46
18-01-2018, 23:17
Any update on this issue? I want to play PC2 again!

So turn Xbox on and play.

NightStalker916
21-01-2018, 06:17
So turn Xbox on and play.

Not doing it until this bug is fixed. Didn't spend all that money for my wheel to feel like stirring poop in a milk jug.

Juiced46
21-01-2018, 13:30
Not doing it until this bug is fixed. Didn't spend all that money for my wheel to feel like stirring poop in a milk jug.

So you spent all that $$ to not utilize your equipment at all?

Goggles Paesano
22-01-2018, 14:59
I feel the same way.

NightStalker916
23-01-2018, 00:04
No, I've just been playing other games like Forza and asetto while I patiently wait for this game to fix the issue.

forzalugano33
23-01-2018, 07:36
I played the demo, super game
yesterday i bought pj2 .... god is force feedback bad
unplayable

must give a patch

justonce68
24-01-2018, 08:37
I tried the demo last night and FFB is great, the game feels nothing like that currently on CSL V2.5

Maurice Boeschen
24-01-2018, 08:43
Yes guys, it's known. No need to repeat this every day.
Next patch mid February will solve it for sure.
Although I am also not happy with the update politic this time. Such a gamebreaking issue needs a hotfix like every other sim on the market would do. More than 2 months is really a too long time.

transfix
24-01-2018, 17:35
It would be nice to have a hotfix for this. The game is really great aside from this issue. Mid february seems quite far since this has been as of the last patch beginning of December.

Maurice Boeschen
24-01-2018, 17:39
There wont be any hotfix for this for sure. If they would wanna work with hotfixes they would have released one already. Now full focus is on Patch 4 testing.
Mid February btw is targeted for PC version, I think consoles will get the patch end February.

But thats the route SMS wants to go this time. All other major games throw out hotfixes if a new patch broke something else.. We need to live with this decision unfortunately.

AnDyCapzZ
30-01-2018, 18:43
There wont be any hotfix for this for sure. If they would wanna work with hotfixes they would have released one already. Now full focus is on Patch 4 testing.
Mid February btw is targeted for PC version, I think consoles will get the patch end February.

But thats the route SMS wants to go this time. All other major games throw out hotfixes if a new patch broke something else.. We need to live with this decision unfortunately.

Didn’t they release a “hot fix” on PlayStation tho for disconnections ?! I have a clubsport v2.5 and this game was utterly amazing before 3.0. Now it’s almpst unplayable. I only race still because of the leagues I run. Of not I would have binned it. I can’t believe such a massive issue was firstly, not picked up, and secondly, then happy to make people wait 2 and a half to 3 months for a fix. Unbelievable !!

Gymnast
05-02-2018, 12:00
I guess you guys are still waiting just like me?

Jezza819
05-02-2018, 21:18
I guess you guys are still waiting just like me?

Yep :(

STaLLiOnO
05-02-2018, 22:33
The PATCH, is coming!!

Juiced46
06-02-2018, 01:07
I am not waiting. I was able to warp to the future for the new patch......

Of course everyone is waiting......

lmbg
23-02-2018, 12:23
Patch is available. Fingers crossed ��

killer2293
23-02-2018, 12:38
It's better. You can feel the road. Kerbs are non existent.

lmbg
23-02-2018, 12:50
Well that sounds medium promising. Thanks for the info. Still downloading...

Sankyo
23-02-2018, 13:39
It's better. You can feel the road. Kerbs are non existent.

What wheel are you using? Can anyone confirm?

transfix
23-02-2018, 13:40
I will test my setup (CSW V.2) once download is complete

Gymnast
23-02-2018, 13:47
I just tested it and its a little bit better then before. No kerb feeling, a bit of road feedback. What a joke really can't describe how angry i am. I downloaded the game from the store so i can't refund but man what an absolute joke this is.

lmbg
23-02-2018, 13:56
CSW 2.5. Very dissapointing indeed. FX, Kurbs... nothing. Everything still feels very numb. A little better then before but still worse than before patch 3.

Jezza819
23-02-2018, 14:07
I just tested it and its a little bit better then before. No kerb feeling, a bit of road feedback. What a joke really can't describe how angry i am. I downloaded the game from the store so i can't refund but man what an absolute joke this is.

That's really disappointing. I'll have to wait until tonight after work to download it but I was really hoping it was just a matter of undoing whatever it was they tried in 3.0 but apparently it wasn't that easy. Now the really sad thing is if it's still that numb we will probably have to wait until 5.0 for another attempt and it could be the middle of summer before that happens.

Gymnast
23-02-2018, 14:09
That's really disappointing. I'll have to wait until tonight after work to download it but I was really hoping it was just a matter of undoing whatever it was they tried in 3.0 but apparently it wasn't that easy. Now the really sad thing is if it's still that numb we will probably have to wait until 5.0 for another attempt and it could be the middle of summer before that happens.

Yeah its unbelievable dissapointing.. very gutted.

Sankyo
23-02-2018, 14:13
Did you guys do a reset controller settings in the Controls menu after the patch?

transfix
23-02-2018, 14:24
Just read through the patch notes and there is no mention of this issue being fixed. Been waiting patiently for months and avoiding expressing my thoughts to be considerate of the work going on behind the scenes. I will test when the update is downloaded but I’m already getting a sinking feeling. If it has not been addressed a “hotfix” is the least we can expect

transfix
23-02-2018, 15:12
So after a clean install, full hard reset of the Xbox One X, I can confirm there is no Road and Kerb feel at all. Tried all flavors and settings to no avail. :(

All I am going to ask is one of the Devs chime in on why after all these months one of the key Hardware devices has been left out in the cold. Can we at least ask for a fix to address this issue sooner than later? I don’t believe waiting until patch 5.0 is fair to ask.

Going to post in the discussion thread as well so hopefully it will get noticed.

killer2293
23-02-2018, 15:51
Did a reset to default on a controller in game here is what I got.

Xbox One X
CSW V2
In Game: Watkins Glen Long Course

Immersive - I feel like I get road bumps and feel while on track. There is no Kerb feel. But I can feel the car and what it wants to do. Raw is ok, and Informative gives you no road feel just wheel weight.
Gain 100 have not touched it
Volume 35
Tone 45
FX 53
Menu Spring .05

Fanatec CSW V2
SEN Auto
FFB 65-75 still playing
SHO Off
ABS Off
DRI Off
BRF 50

I have no other settings on my wheel.

I will say this. The force feedback is better on patch 4 than on patch 3.
Hopefully this helps.

l Rilla l
23-02-2018, 16:23
What settings are other fanatec csw2.5 users running? Please do not reply if you do not own this exact wheelbase, as it is the only one that functions the way it does. I don't care about your CSL settings, or your CSW2.0 settings.

CSW2.5 ONLY

I am currently running in game:
Immersive
Gain: 100
Volume: 45
Tone: 0
FX: 40
Menu Spring: .20

I have tried raw and informative, with various changes to the sliders. This is currently the 'best' but I experience clipping at the weirdest times, like at a standstill with hands off the wheel.

On the wheel I am running:
Sen: Auto
FFB: 100
SHO: OFF (I have run up to 100, noticing no change)
ABS: 65 (personal preference)
Drift: Off, although I experiment with -5 at times.
BRF: 40

NightStalker916
23-02-2018, 17:45
I have the 2.5 base, and have no FFB at all. What a disappointment, I've been waiting for this patch and it didn't fix anything...

justonce68
23-02-2018, 17:56
Ditto

NightStalker916
23-02-2018, 18:11
I just uninstalled the game and will be playing it in offline mode only to avoid the patches. What a shame, I've been looking forward to this day for so long. I don't understand what SMS did to screw up the Fanatec FFB. Disappointed is an understatement.

Gymnast
23-02-2018, 19:44
As another poster mentioned, i really hope a dev comes in to clarify whats going on? surely we dont have to wait till patch 5.0 to get it fixed right?

NightStalker916
23-02-2018, 21:22
Well now I'm even more shit out of luck. Since I own the game digitally and not physically, I cannot download the game without updating it. Haha holy crap, so I can either play the game with crappy FFB, pay another 30 bucks to get a physical copy of the game, or wait till SMS figures out what the hell they're doing. Disappointment has now turned to simple anger.

Jezza819
24-02-2018, 06:28
Well I downloaded the patch and I guess like other Fanatec wheel users it was apparent that this didn't happen.

It's still just as numb and bland as before. I ran my 4 most used cars as a test, the Ligier Nissan LMP2, Ford GT GTE, and both LMP3 cars. If anything the cars handle worse than before. They seem to float more and have more understeer. Before the patch even with the numb FFB I could still make cars turn as quick as I wanted to. Now it seems like there's been two rounds of steering ratio added to each car. What was 11:5.1 now feels like 13:5.1. Either LMP3 car felt light and nimble pre patch but I tested at Red Bull GP post patch and I had to back off a ton to get either car through the turn 5 & 6 complex.

Yes some things looked a little better. The trees don't pop in as much as they used to. I didn't really notice any major changes with the AI behavior. I still see the twitching here and there. But I'm just curious as to why the Fanatec FFB issue wasn't fixed. Was it not high priority enough? I'm really starting to lose my enthusiasm for this game.

Gymnast
24-02-2018, 15:59
Well I downloaded the patch and I guess like other Fanatec wheel users it was apparent that this didn't happen.

It's still just as numb and bland as before. I ran my 4 most used cars as a test, the Ligier Nissan LMP2, Ford GT GTE, and both LMP3 cars. If anything the cars handle worse than before. They seem to float more and have more understeer. Before the patch even with the numb FFB I could still make cars turn as quick as I wanted to. Now it seems like there's been two rounds of steering ratio added to each car. What was 11:5.1 now feels like 13:5.1. Either LMP3 car felt light and nimble pre patch but I tested at Red Bull GP post patch and I had to back off a ton to get either car through the turn 5 & 6 complex.

Yes some things looked a little better. The trees don't pop in as much as they used to. I didn't really notice any major changes with the AI behavior. I still see the twitching here and there. But I'm just curious as to why the Fanatec FFB issue wasn't fixed. Was it not high priority enough? I'm really starting to lose my enthusiasm for this game.

Im done with this game. Not gonna wait for patch 5.0 and that is if they fix it then...
Never gonna buy a game by this developer again.. they just took my 70 euro and can't be botherd...

Juiced46
24-02-2018, 16:39
So I finally got a chance to download the patch and give it a try. Sadly like everyone else has mentioned, our issues have not been addressed :(

I have a Fanatec V2.5base. Same FFB issues as we had in patch 3. No kerb or road feel at all.

So far I have tried a few things.

Installed Patch 4- Same problems

Deleted Game, re-downloaded (digital copy)- Same problems.

Deleted save from system and cloud- Same problems.

I boot up the demo and the wheel feels normal again with the same exact settings used in the full game where it does not feel correct :(

So for the guy that said he deleted the game and reinstalled and everything works fine. I would assume he has a disc copy and did not install any updates. Which too me, is not really a fix unless you are only playing offline and do not want the other bugs that those versions had addressed.

lmbg
25-02-2018, 10:59
It is really a shame. Because the game is gorgeous in so many ways. Graphics, weather / seasons, day & night, car selection, track selection, AI, multiplayer... So much attention to details went into this title. Visually it is absolutely fantastic but unfortunately it's not only about what we see. And the information that comes out of my CSW 2.5 just feels dead and numb. FF on patch 2 was really going in the right direction and reading the release notes for the 3rd update I truly hoped we would get something nearly on par with AC. Unfortunately patch 3 went somewhat wrong and the very long wait for patch 4 (I haven't played the game during that whole time) is very disappointing. I really hope this will be addressed with a hot fix. Waiting until summer for patch 5 would be extremely frustrating. As the demo seems to work well this can't be too complicated to fix I guess. Anyways, I really hope that we all can enjoy the game again rather sooner than later. Fingers crossed (again).

| xBox One X | CSW V2.5, CSP V3 inverted, CSS 1.5 | SRH dashboard | Rseat RS-1 | Samsung UE-40MU6470 |

Chokofanten
25-02-2018, 16:35
The same for mee.
I played Assetto Corsa instead.

NightStalker916
26-02-2018, 04:09
I don't want to sound like a cry baby, but can we please have a SMS Dev update us about the ongoing issues with the fanatec 2.5 base and project cars 2?

Is this problem truthfully being addressed?

Is there some sort of timeline for a possible fix?

Can we have any sort of description, as simple as it possibly may be, of what the problem is?

Will we ever experience correct force feed back ever again?

We only hope to have our faith in SMS restored by having this issue fixed. I absolutely adored project cars 2 before patch 3.0 but have been forced to other "sims" because of these ongoing issues. So as a loyal customer and supporter of the company, I'm kindly asking for some sort of update.

Thank you.

killer2293
26-02-2018, 05:09
I second this post. Please let us know what is going on.

Bavarian Turbo
26-02-2018, 06:26
why can we not just have the FFB from the demo? I think everyone is satisfied with the demo.

And now a hot fix would be needed, waiting for patch 5 is not an option

justonce68
26-02-2018, 07:27
Some sort of official communication would be appreciated.

Sankyo
26-02-2018, 08:46
What firmware version are you guys using on your CSW v2.5?

lmbg
26-02-2018, 08:49

The latest update available.

Sankyo
26-02-2018, 08:51

From where, what driver? Since there's official and beta versions, I need an exact version number please.

Tiger Feet
26-02-2018, 08:56

V292 here. Has anyone tried the older V289?

lmbg
26-02-2018, 08:59
Just contacted Fanatec. I think they should get in touch direclty with SMS to get this problem fixed. They probably have a better chance to get heard as we do here. In the meantime any kind of official response would still be highly appreciated.

Bealdor
26-02-2018, 09:05
Just contacted Fanatec. I think they should get in touch direclty with SMS to get this problem fixed. They probably have a better chance to get heard as we do here. In the meantime any kind of official response would still be highly appreciated.

The devs are investigating the issue.

lmbg
26-02-2018, 09:05

I will check the exact version number when I'm back home. But note that patch 2 was, and the demo is working perfecly well.

OddTimer
26-02-2018, 10:07
see this: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58609-after-patch-fanatec-csw-2-5-go-horrible-feedback&p=1482123&viewfull=1#post1482123

transfix
26-02-2018, 10:45
Let’s try and keep all “Fanatec FFB” discussion to the thread posted above. More threads just dilutes the conversation.

Juiced46
26-02-2018, 11:00

Driver version V292, Firmware 317 with a Fanatec 2.5 base. Xbox One X. Full version since patch 3 and now 4 are not good, demo works just fine with no setting changes.

transfix
26-02-2018, 11:01
Same version v292 on CSW V2

Maurice Boeschen
26-02-2018, 11:16
You are actually talking about the driver version.
Firmware is included in a driver and you need to flash it on a pc. It is shown in the rim display after base booted. That's what Sankyo needs.
But anyway I dont think that a firmware can cause missing curb effects on Xbox (all other game version seems to be fine), that's a game issue for sure.

justonce68
26-02-2018, 11:43
Kerbs effects on demo, not on game , its not a firmware issue.

lmbg
26-02-2018, 11:54
Kerbs effects on demo, not on game , its not a firmware issue.

Agreed.

GrimeyDog
26-02-2018, 12:02
Also Buttkicker feel is little to None after last 2 updates ... i wonder if this is related to the Missing Curb and Road feel because they are both tactile feed back.

transfix
26-02-2018, 12:53
You are actually talking about the driver version.
Firmware is included in a driver and you need to flash it on a pc. It is shown in the rim display after base booted. That's what Sankyo needs.
But anyway I dont think that a firmware can cause missing curb effects on Xbox (all other game version seems to be fine), that's a game issue for sure.

Realized that after posting mine. Firmware 316 on V2

marcelok
26-02-2018, 13:22
I have the same issue with my Fanatec.

Maurice Boeschen
26-02-2018, 13:25
I have the same issue with my Fanatec.

Everyone on Xbox has the issue of missing curbs because it's a game issue since Patch 3 (so since November/December).

EvenElectric
26-02-2018, 15:07

v292, firmware 317. I’ve confirmed this works in the demo. Does not work on Patch 3 and 4. Thanks!

https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-5.html — last one in the driver list there

NightStalker916
26-02-2018, 15:37
It's difficult to not sound sincere via written message - but in all respect, the other thread is exactly that, a discussion of the issue. This thread is not meant to be a discussion, but a request for communication with an SMS dev.

transfix
26-02-2018, 16:56
It's difficult to not sound sincere via written message - but in all respect, the other thread is exactly that, a discussion of the issue. This thread is not meant to be a discussion, but a request for communication with an SMS dev.

Totally get it mate. All us Fanatec users want to have some official information about this issue but it is being looked into by the Devs.

Tiger Feet
26-02-2018, 17:34
CSW 2.5. V292 firmware 317. (Clubsport V3 pedals). No road / kurb feel

skcusIHC
26-02-2018, 17:44
Fanatec user here. Also been waiting patiently to hear something. Anything really. Was kind of surprised to see nothing addressed in the most recent patch, especially considering the time frame between version 3.0 and 4.0. Would really appreciate either a "we're working on it" or a "we feel this is what is best due to OG console limitations". No response on perhaps one of the most posted on topics since patch 3.0 has been a head scratcher and also frustrating.

skcusIHC
26-02-2018, 18:00
I've been wondering if Logitech, Thrusmaster, and Fanatec users were all experiencing similar physic limitations on the OG Xbox prior to patch 3.0. Perhaps Fanatec was nerfed because it was causing too many physic problems when everything got taxed.

Prior to patch 3.0, if I tried to run a system taxing race, my Fanatec 2.5 would try to shake the house down. It seems there have been widely different reports on just how much success (or lack of success) people have with physics when running large(r) grids and system taxing weather. Are the different reports of performance (or lack of performance) partially related to which wheel one is using? I think it's easy to dismiss that choice of wheel isn't causing differing physic problems, but just how much has one actually looked into it?

Jezza819
26-02-2018, 20:17
I've been wondering if Logitech, Thrusmaster, and Fanatec users were all experiencing similar physic limitations on the OG Xbox prior to patch 3.0. Perhaps Fanatec was nerfed because it was causing too many physic problems when everything got taxed.

Prior to patch 3.0, if I tried to run a system taxing race, my Fanatec 2.5 would try to shake the house down. It seems there have been widely different reports on just how much success (or lack of success) people have with physics when running large(r) grids and system taxing weather. Are the different reports of performance (or lack of performance) partially related to which wheel one is using? I think it's easy to dismiss that choice of wheel isn't causing differing physic problems, but just how much has one actually looked into it?

I had that too but it has more to do with the limits of the original Xbox One. Once I got the Xbox One X, all of that went away. Before the X, 15 was the max grid size I could use without the wheel trying to shake itself apart.

lmbg
27-02-2018, 00:12
CSW 2.5. V292 firmware 317. (Clubsport V3 pedals). No road / kurb feel

Same here.

EvenElectric
27-02-2018, 23:58
Any updates from the dev team? Thanks!

killer2293
28-02-2018, 11:47
It's been very silent. That's the frustrating part. Only a mention of they are looking into it. Somebody has to know more than that. Can it be fixed? When will it be fixed? I would simply like to know if I should hang in there or move on.

justonce68
28-02-2018, 15:41
Tumbleweed

GrimeyDog
28-02-2018, 16:07
The Pcars2 Demo works fine --> Im thinking the Demo works fine because it has Not been updated with the New Anti Jolt settings that came with the First Major update!!! ---> Remember Microsoft was supposed to have Created and is using a Different FFB system than PC and PS4 on XB1 -->personally i think the New XB1 FFB system Sucks!!! and wish they would change things back to the standard FFB system.

IMO the FFB with XB1 was ok until the update where the Anti Jolt was changed <-- Maybe this is the Key factor to the Missing Curb/Rumble Strip and Road feel <--- IMO the CSW 2.5 feels like it has Early 90's Spring Rubberband FFB Now. Even FM7 has better FFB and Curb feel than Pcars2 Now WTF:indecisiveness:

killer2293
28-02-2018, 16:42
Can the anti jolt settings be rolled back? I am not in the know... But that seems like a simple fix.

Maurice Boeschen
28-02-2018, 16:55
Anti-Jolt should be enabled since Day1 on the consoles and can't be disabled...

killer2293
28-02-2018, 17:08
Copy. Can the devs just insert the ffb model from the demo into current game?

Koppieo
28-02-2018, 19:27
The Pcars2 Demo works fine --> Im thinking the Demo works fine because it has Not been updated with the New Anti Jolt settings that came with the First Major update!!! ---> Remember Microsoft was supposed to have Created and is using a Different FFB system than PC and PS4 on XB1 -->personally i think the New XB1 FFB system Sucks!!! and wish they would change things back to the standard FFB system.

IMO the FFB with XB1 was ok until the update where the Anti Jolt was changed <-- Maybe this is the Key factor to the Missing Curb/Rumble Strip and Road feel <--- IMO the CSW 2.5 feels like it has Early 90's Spring Rubberband FFB Now. Even FM7 has better FFB and Curb feel than Pcars2 Now WTF:indecisiveness:

I couldn't agree more. I also don't have curb and road feel, but the tyre feel (weight transer) is ok I think. I played AC for some hours yesterday - out of frustration for the lack of FFB in PC2 - and I have to admit (sadly) that curb and road feel of AC felt better than PC2.

alegunner68
28-02-2018, 19:34
Maybe it's a tyre model change that's messed it up

Maurice Boeschen
28-02-2018, 19:40
Maybe it's a tyre model change that's messed it up

Nope. Same tires on all platforms and PS4 and PC are fine, issue is only on the Xbox version (different FFB protocol)

killer2293
28-02-2018, 19:47
Nope. Same tires on all platforms and PS4 and PC are fine, issue is only on the Xbox version (different FFB protocol)
Why does the FFB work in the demo?

Maurice Boeschen
28-02-2018, 19:54
Why does the FFB work in the demo?

Thats the million dollar question.

lmbg
28-02-2018, 22:10
...IMO the CSW 2.5 feels like it has Early 90's Spring Rubberband FFB Now. Even FM7 has better FFB and Curb feel than Pcars2 Now WTF:indecisiveness:

Sadly I coudnít agree more. Prior to patch 3 FFB on PC2 felt good. Not as good as AC but very promising. Now even FM7 feels better... Hope the devs will find and fix the issue soon. Nearly 3 months of waiting now.

EvenElectric
28-02-2018, 22:13
Any goodwill you could possibly send our way SMS?

I hate to keep grumbling but I have yet to play the game what-so-ever. Patch 3 installed immediately on game purchase. The glimmer of patch 4 kept me from returning my copy. Now I'm well beyond the return period with the retailer.

Fanatec wheelbases are clearly listed as supported devices:
https://www.projectcarsgame.com/project-cars-2-compatibility-list.html?lang=en

Jezza819
01-03-2018, 02:29
This is from the patch notes of patch 3:

Controllers

Fanatec CSWB v2 – various adjustments and improvements on XB1.
Fanatec - improved anti-jolt and high-frequency anti-vibe on the CSWB series.

Whatever that was didn't have the desired effects. It did the opposite, it killed the wheel. Undo whatever this was.

Sankyo
01-03-2018, 05:42
Undoing it makes no sense, as the jolting and vibrations didn't exactly give enjoyable FFB according to the numerous complaints on this forum. Whatever is wrong, SMS is working on fixing it. Please don't expect or demand daily updates from the devs on this topic.

justonce68
01-03-2018, 07:27
In truth mate we have had no updates from any devs on this topic, and that is why so many are frustrated, I read daily posts from dev's on things i personally feel are quite insignificant, but we on Xbox, using fanatec wheels have an issue with FFB, that is pretty fundamental to the game playing as it should, and we are being hushed up? I would go as far as to say if this was a PC issue, SMS would be all over it like a rash.
£50 for a game is one thing, £600-£1000 for a set-up that doesn't work correctly is another.
I'm sorry but we are extremely frustrated at the lack of any response, a mod saying they are aware of the issue, tells us nothing, just as a mod told us it would be fixed in the last patch.

Sankyo
01-03-2018, 07:50
In truth mate we have had no updates from any devs on this topic, and that is why so many are frustrated, I read daily posts from dev's on things i personally feel are quite insignificant, but we on Xbox, using fanatec wheels have an issue with FFB that is pretty fundamental to the game playing as it should and we are being hushed up? I would go as far as to say if this was a PC issue, SMS would be all over it like a rash.
£50 for a game is one thing, £600-£1000 for a set-up that doesn't work correctly is another.
I'm sorry but we are extremely frustrated at the lack of any response, a mod saying they are aware of the issue, tells us nothing, just as a mod told us it would be fixed in the last patch.

You're not being hushed up, I'm saying that demanding dev response each day is not going to help. I've stated multiple times now that the devs are looking into the issue, there's nothing that a dev can add to that right now.

Gymnast
01-03-2018, 08:37
3 months and waiting before a fix that may never come. They basicly sold me a broken product.
With all the respect for the moderator above but we have been hearing for 3 months that the devs are looking into it..
I feel that i have been ripped of..

EvenElectric
01-03-2018, 16:33
Not demanding daily updates by any means. Couple silly questions though:

Has the issue been reproduced by the dev team? Is there a workaround?

Sankyo
02-03-2018, 07:35
Haven't heard anything from the devs regarding this, as soon as there is some information I or the devs will post it here.

Tiger Feet
02-03-2018, 07:56
Thanks Sankyo

I wouldnt really expect there to be an update anytime soon guys. Dont forget we have only known this has not been fixed since the patch notes landed a week ago. The devs have known this has not been fixed for ages. Its not as if they thought they had fixed it for patch 4 and it hasn't worked on release. This is old news to them.

Having said that I decided to crack on with what we have. I have actually had a 'reasonably enjoyable' couple of evenings playing this. Ive just completed the Formula Rookie with the settings below and it was 'OK' to be honest. I think the visual and audio can sometimes trick your mind into thinking your are getting the feedback if you don't over analyse it.

Cockpit Cam
FOV 55
Xbox1 X
55" TV
Fanatec 2.5
Fanatec V3 pedals

Raw
Gain 95
Vol 40
Tone 60
FX 70

(On wheel ABS 82)

transfix
03-03-2018, 10:46
So I noticed 3 small patches (hot fix) dropped for PC since 4.0. Don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible for Xbox to get a CSW fix. Patiently waiting.

killer2293
03-03-2018, 13:13
Thanks Sankyo

I wouldnt really expect there to be an update anytime soon guys. Dont forget we have only known this has not been fixed since the patch notes landed a week ago. The devs have known this has not been fixed for ages. Its not as if they thought they had fixed it for patch 4 and it hasn't worked on release. This is old news to them.

Having said that I decided to crack on with what we have. I have actually had a 'reasonably enjoyable' couple of evenings playing this. Ive just completed the Formula Rookie with the settings below and it was 'OK' to be honest. I think the visual and audio can sometimes trick your mind into thinking your are getting the feedback if you don't over analyse it.

Cockpit Cam
FOV 55
Xbox1 X
55" TV
Fanatec 2.5
Fanatec V3 pedals

Raw
Gain 95
Vol 40
Tone 60
FX 70

(On wheel ABS 82)

I think this is probably the best we are going to get. To be honest the whole thing is disappointing.

Robhd
03-03-2018, 15:53
Its not just the Fanatec wheels that are being blighted by this juddering and jolting... The TX wheel is awful. On the straight it judders up and down and jolts from side to side... Its like you are driving on a track that is full of pot holes! Have tried turning settings all right down but then of course it feels like you are disconnected floating above the track or skating on ice... You really have to ask the question, how did this not get picked up before the patch came out? Its not like its a specific make/model of wheel... Or that the patching on console was exactly rushed out It seems endemic across a range of hardware and manufacturers...

Are we a tad disappointed, nay irked? Too right sunshine...

Maurice Boeschen
03-03-2018, 15:59
Its not just the Fanatec wheels that are being blighted by this juddering and jolting... The TX wheel is awful. On the straight it judders up and down and jolts from side to side... Its like you are driving on a track that is full of pot holes! Have tried turning settings all right down but then of course it feels like you are disconnected floating above the track or skating on ice... You really have to ask the question, how did this not get picked up before the patch came out? Its not like its a specific make/model of wheel... Or that the patching on console was exactly rushed out It seems endemic across a range of hardware and manufacturers...

You are speaking about something completely different... This topic is about missing curbs and road bumps on the Xbox version with Fanatec wheels since Patch 3. Not about "jolting".

Juiced46
03-03-2018, 16:40

There are multiple threads on your TX issue. The issue here is for Fantec and like mentioned, its not about jolting.

Your jolting issue has been talked about. You are most likely using the wrong firmware. I had a TX and never had those issues and it worked very well. But like I said, there are multiple other threads discussing that particular issue so I will not get into it this thread because we do not want to derail it.

killer2293
06-03-2018, 11:41
Would be nice to enjoy the new Porsche dlc today. I guess we will have to continue to wait. Maybe by the next dlc we will have an update on the Fanatec FFB issue.

Gymnast
06-03-2018, 14:36
Would be nice to enjoy the new Porsche dlc today. I guess we will have to continue to wait. Maybe by the next dlc we will have an update on the Fanatec FFB issue.

I have come to terms that i wont be playing this game any soon. Everytime i read this thread and hope that there is a message here saying: we are aware and gonna fix it asap, but no its all very quite. Quite respectless really and it still pisses me of for not been able to play this game for 3 months..

Tom Curtis
06-03-2018, 16:59
"we are aware and gonna fix it asap". Well, we certainly are looking into it, we should have a fix for when patch 5 hits (can't give you dates, as we can't dictate when patches can go live on consoles).

Andrew Weber
06-03-2018, 16:59
We (three of us at least) are looking into this now (as in today...right now).

For you all, please remember to post DRI, etc, in the same post as symptoms. And especially in game settings, INCLUDING flavour.

lmbg
06-03-2018, 17:41

For you all, please remember to post DRI, etc, in the same post as symptoms. And especially in game settings, INCLUDING flavour.

Thanks for the heads up Andrew. Nearly every possible setting has been tried out over the last 3 months and none provides an enjoyable or even decent FFB (road-feel and kerb- feel non existent). As you might have read in the previous posts FFB prior to patch 3 was fine and FFB in the demo version works too. Hopefully you will find a fix soon !

Tiger Feet
06-03-2018, 20:30
I've put alot of hours into this over that last few days to the point where I quite happy. Yes no kerb/off track rumble feel does hurt the overall feel but I'm actually happy with the feeling of the car. I think best way to get set up in Raw is to have your gain at 75, not 100. Tone to taste but about 50 and FX about 80.

I've also ordered a drivehub to experiment with that - I believe/hope this will bring back the kurb feeling after alot of thread reading on various sites. Fingers crossed.

Juiced46
06-03-2018, 22:42
"we are aware and gonna fix it asap". Well, we certainly are looking into it, we should have a fix for when patch 5 hits (can't give you dates, as we can't dictate when patches can go live on consoles).

Thanks for acknowledging this and hopefully you can get to the bottom of the issue.

I am using a Fanatec V2.5 base. Driver V292/Firmware 317. Xbox One X. Digital Download copy on the internal drive.

Flavour RAW
Gain 100
Volume 50-60
Tone 50-70
FX 50-70

On wheel settings.

FF-35-45
SHO-100
ABS OFF
DRI-05 to -03
BRF 50

I have good wheel weight, just no feedback with road feel or kerbs at all.

I have tried Deleting/reinstalling the game and all of my career saved data on the system and cloud. I tried older V289 Fanatec drivers and the results were the same. I have also tried Immersive and informative on 100/50/50/50 and also my same settings above. Those 2 give you a little kerb feel but the wheel is kind of jerky and doesnt feel as smooth. RAW feels the best. I have tried extremes on all in game setting sliders on both ends with zero positive result. You can turn FX all the way up and still feel no kerbs.

With that being said. With my stated settings above on RAW. I can load up the demo and low and behold FFB feels great, kerbs and road feel are there etc. Go back to the full game, same settings, nothing is there. I can change FFB in game to the extremes and I cannot even get it to come close to clipping. Usually it lights up the 2nd or 3rd bar on the FFB Telemtry graph and that is it, even on the most extreme settings.

Also the wheel description under the FFB graph in game is different between the Full Version and the Demo.

Juiced46
07-03-2018, 02:05
I've also ordered a drivehub to experiment with that - I believe/hope this will bring back the kurb feeling after alot of thread reading on various sites. Fingers crossed.

I have a Drivehub that I use for my PS4 and never even thought to try it. Hooked it up to the Xbox tonight. Pcars2 sees it as a Logitec in FanaLogic mode (obviously) and WOW. Much better, kerbs and road feel is back. The game is a much more of a joy to play. It feels really good even though I just did some quick FFB changes and did not spend alot of time on it. Its a good "bandaid" for the time being. But I would still like to be able to use the game correctly with my Fanatec V2.5 without the Drivehub.

Jezza819
07-03-2018, 04:46

I was using these settings right before patch 3 hit and I had plenty of road and kerb feel but the flavor I was using was RAW. After the patch 3 problem I left the settings alone except I switched from RAW to IMMERSIVE because on RAW I had no feeling at all. No resistance, no FFB no nothing. But on IMMERSIVE I have just a little bit of a tightness in the wheel but no road or kerb feel at all.

Flavor: Raw or Informative
Gain 100
Volume 36
Tone 50
FX 64
Menu .20

FF on wheel 60

lmbg
07-03-2018, 06:34
I was using these settings right before patch 3 hit and I had plenty of road and kerb feel but the flavor I was using was RAW. After the patch 3 problem I left the settings alone except I switched from RAW to IMMERSIVE because on RAW I had no feeling at all. No resistance, no FFB no nothing. But on IMMERSIVE I have just a little bit of a tightness in the wheel but no road or kerb feel

Pretty much same here.

EvenElectric
07-03-2018, 07:20

Thanks for the update!!

I didnít have much luck with any of the flavor settings, they all felt buggy. I was having a hard time fine tuning FFB in-game and in-wheel.

As for my approach to wheel settings. I prefer to leave in-game FFB at max, and control it via the FF setting in the wheel. DRI set to off, seldom use it. SENS also prefer to control in wheel, typically set to 540. My thinking, if you can call it that, is to get max signal and detail into the wheel form game and dial things down to taste via the wheel settings.

Iím using a CSW 2.5 wheelbase with latest firmware.

Tiger Feet
07-03-2018, 07:22
I have a Drivehub that I use for my PS4 and never even thought to try it. Hooked it up to the Xbox tonight. Pcars2 sees it as a Logitec in FanaLogic mode (obviously) and WOW. Much better, kerbs and road feel is back. The game is a much more of a joy to play. It feels really good even though I just did some quick FFB changes and did not spend alot of time on it. Its a good "bandaid" for the time being. But I would still like to be able to use the game correctly with my Fanatec V2.5 without the Drivehub.

Thats really good to know - I really hoped that would be the case. I very much see it as a temporary fix but if it works well, i'll be happy - despite the £90 outlay.

The only down side now for me is, mine seems to missing in the post :(

justonce68
07-03-2018, 08:01
Flavour IMMERSIVE
Gain 100
Volume 50
Tone 60
FX 60

On wheel settings.

FF-AUTO
SHO-100
ABS 65
DRI-03
BRF 50

FFB feels disconnected , no real road, tyre slip or kerb feel.

Koppieo
07-03-2018, 20:29
I am using a Fanatec V2.5 base. CSP 3.0 with Brake Performance kit Driver V292/Firmware 317. Xbox One (Hard Copy of the game on harddrive).

Wheel settings.
FF: 70
SHO: OFF
ABS: OFF (use to own liking; there's no difference (other than the vibrating pedel) if put on 60 or 65)
DRI: -03 (or -05)
BRF 15 - 20 (depending on the car; I use low values because of the installed brake performance kit)

In Game:
RAW
Gain 100
Volume 55
Tone 50
FX 60

I have a good wheel weight (the oversteer feeling is great), but no road feel (bumps), kerb feel or tire slip feel at all.

I'll keep on testing.....

lmbg
08-03-2018, 23:29
I am using a Fanatec V2.5 base. CSP 3.0 with Brake Performance kit Driver V292/Firmware 317. Xbox One (Hard Copy of the game on harddrive).

Wheel settings.
FF: 70
SHO: OFF
ABS: OFF (use to own liking; there's no difference (other than the vibrating pedel) if put on 60 or 65)
DRI: -03 (or -05)
BRF 15 - 20 (depending on the car; I use low values because of the installed brake performance kit)

In Game:
RAW
Gain 100
Volume 55
Tone 50
FX 60

I have a good wheel weight (the oversteer feeling is great), but no road feel (bumps), kerb feel or tire slip feel at all.

I'll keep on testing.....

I’ll keep on waiting...

Koppieo
10-03-2018, 22:24
Tested on Zolder Belgium with TC.

The only feeling you get is when the wheel weight is "pulling" your steering wheel when cornering at high speed or when the curbs attack your tyres (sliding over them).
But there is absolute no rumble or vibration in the wheel when driving over any kerbs.
The only road bump on the track is just before corner 4 as you dive left into the corner at high speed, but that is due to feeling of oversteer on the wheel.
Furthermore I find the CSW 2.5 wheel a little loose round the center when driving on the straights.
In corners however the feeling is great. Good feedback (wheel weight).

Tomorrow I'll try to drive on Zolder with GT3 and Brno with TC.

Tiger Feet
11-03-2018, 12:17
If you want full feedback I can confirm this can be achieved using the Collective Minds DriveHub. I know it cost £90 and you shouldn't have to purchase additional equipment, but it works very well.

If this helps the Devs the settings I use on my Fanatec 2.5 with the DriveHub are:

Informative
Gain 33
Volume 70/80
Tone 75
FX 50

The final piece of the puzzle is to have DRI set to OFF

Hope that helps

Juiced46
11-03-2018, 13:36
If you want full feedback I can confirm this can be achieved using the Collective Minds DriveHub. I know it cost £90 and you shouldn't have to purchase additional equipment, but it works very well.

If this helps the Devs the settings I use on my Fanatec 2.5 with the DriveHub are:

Informative
Gain 33
Volume 70/80
Tone 75
FX 50

The final piece of the puzzle is to have DRI set to OFF

Hope that helps

While the drivehub makes it work, it makes the game "think" you have a Logitech wheel not a Fanatec. So yes it works pretty good, but it is not the same. It is a good bandaid for now, but it is by no means a proper fix.

Why such a low gain?

I run DRI on -05 to -03. I will try Off to see how it does.

Tiger Feet
11-03-2018, 13:59
Why such a low gain?

I run DRI on -05 to -03. I will try Off to see how it does.

Gain at 33 seems to feel right to me. With DRI off I'm sure I get more feeling when the tyres loose traction. Also with DRI on at any setting I found Rally Cross impossible.

Juiced46
11-03-2018, 15:18
Gain at 33 seems to feel right to me. With DRI off I'm sure I get more feeling when the tyres loose traction. Also with DRI on at any setting I found Rally Cross impossible.

I tried these settings. The wheel feels a bit too light for me, even with FOR all the way up. I still prefer the RAW settings with the Drivehub

Andrew Weber
11-03-2018, 18:14
OK, core issue has been found. A fix will be commited and make patch 5 no problem.

It has nothing to do with anti-jolt, flavours, FFB settings, etc, although all of that stuff may push the off-ness in different directions. Something had happened lower level than all that, and it is indeed xbox specific (does not affect PC or PS4).

Asturbo
11-03-2018, 18:17
Working on sunday!!!
Great work, guys. Now, some beers...

Juiced46
11-03-2018, 19:49
OK, core issue has been found. A fix will be commited and make patch 5 no problem.

It has nothing to do with anti-jolt, flavours, FFB settings, etc, although all of that stuff may push the off-ness in different directions. Something had happened lower level than all that, and it is indeed xbox specific (does not affect PC or PS4).

Thanks for the update!

lmbg
11-03-2018, 20:16

Good news that you guys found the origin. Too bad to hear it will only be addressed in patch 5. Since the 07.12.2017 the game is broken for (edit: some of) us. Patch 5 is what, at least 2 months away ? Can’t this be sorted sooner with a hot fix ?

Juiced46
11-03-2018, 20:26
Good news that you guys found the origin. Too bad to hear it will only be addressed in patch 5. Since the 07.12.2017 the game is broken for us. Patch 5 is what, at least 2 months away ? Can’t this be sorted sooner with a hot fix ?

IMO, the game is FAR from broken with this minor issue. I can still play it just fine......

lmbg
11-03-2018, 20:32
IMO, the game is FAR from broken with this minor issue. I can still play it just fine......

Major issue for me. If this was an arcade game ok. But in this case, at least for me, the most important thing is the feedback I get through my wheel. Graphics and everything else comes second.

Juiced46
11-03-2018, 20:35
Major issue for me. If this was an arcade game ok. But in this case, at least for me, the most important thing is the feedback I get through my wheel. Graphics and everything else comes second.

I would think if you were that concerned about proper feedback, wouldn't you be playing a proper setup PC instead? No offense, but Xbox is known to have the worst FFB out of all platforms (not just PC2) The game is still totally playable with the V2.5 and this issue though.....

lmbg
11-03-2018, 20:47
I would think if you were that concerned about proper feedback, wouldn't you be playing a proper setup PC instead? No offense, but Xbox is known to have the worst FFB out of all platforms (not just PC2) The game is still totally playable with the V2.5 and this issue though.....

Thank you for your valuable comment. I don’t have time for PC gaming. Concerning FFB... AC on xBox is (almost) identical to the PC version. PC2 was working just fine prior to patch 3. Fixing this with a hot fix shouldn’t be asked too much. Yes, for me at the moment the game isn’t playable or enjoyable. If you find this to be a minor issue, good for you.

lmbg
11-03-2018, 21:04
@Juiced46
I am sure that I’m not the only one with this point of view. A thread of 17 pages concerning a minor issue, seriously ?

And besides, aren’t you using the DriveHub... ? LOL

Jezza819
11-03-2018, 23:11

Hallelujah!!!

Juiced46
11-03-2018, 23:22
@Juiced46
I am sure that I’m not the only one with this point of view. A thread of 17 pages concerning a minor issue, seriously ?

And besides, aren’t you using the DriveHub... ? LOL

I tried the drivehub, but up until that comment recently I was not. My comments are directed towards not using the drivehub. The game is fully playable even with these issues. To me, its minor. Yes, it is a 17 page thread, most of it is nonsense. Some say the game is unplayable. To me, I think it is a huge over reaction to those that say that. Yes, a piece of the game is not working, there is no denying that, I get it. I have the same frustration. But to say the game is "unplayable" is just silly..... But that is my opinion.

So while you guys are smashing your keyboards waiting for the next patch, complaining on the forums, posting everyday mad because there is no patch yet, re-post again letting everyone know you are waiting for a patch and asking when its coming. I learned to deal with it the way it is and I am having tons of fun playing it :-)

EvenElectric
12-03-2018, 03:56

Thanks for the update Andrew. Nice work and looking forward to the patch!

justonce68
12-03-2018, 11:13
Thanks for the update Andrew.

Bavarian Turbo
12-03-2018, 13:47

sorry but much too late in my opinion

lmbg
12-03-2018, 15:21
I tried the drivehub, but up until that comment recently I was not. My comments are directed towards not using the drivehub. The game is fully playable even with these issues. To me, its minor. Yes, it is a 17 page thread, most of it is nonsense. Some say the game is unplayable. To me, I think it is a huge over reaction to those that say that. Yes, a piece of the game is not working, there is no denying that, I get it. I have the same frustration. But to say the game is "unplayable" is just silly..... But that is my opinion.

So while you guys are smashing your keyboards waiting for the next patch, complaining on the forums, posting everyday mad because there is no patch yet, re-post again letting everyone know you are waiting for a patch and asking when its coming. I learned to deal with it the way it is and I am having tons of fun playing it :-)

What you call ‘silly’ and ‘nonsense’ is what got us heard and what eventually led to the point that the problem was (finally) looked into and detected (pretty quickly).
Sadly if you don’t keep asking (and obviously repeating yourself), nothing is going to happen.
So thank all you guys for posting your ‘nonsense’ in this thread, at least we now know that this ‘minor’ problem will be fixed.

Again I am very glad for you that you have tons of fun with the game as it is. We just seem to have different standards on what a racing simulation is supposed to deliver ;-)

justonce68
12-03-2018, 15:23
Football is playable with a tennis ball.......but it just ain't football

Konan
12-03-2018, 15:33
Football is playable with a tennis ball.......but it just ain't football

Well if you are going into that direction...football isn't even football lately...
Race games have been played with controllers/keyboards since the beginning...(realistic) wheels haven't been around that long anyway.
It's all good to like the game better with a wheel...i will even admit it's a whole lot more realistic but that doesn't mean controller players should all get one...

Jezza819
12-03-2018, 17:12
Well if you are going into that direction...football isn't even football lately...
Race games have been played with controllers/keyboards since the beginning...(realistic) wheels haven't been around that long anyway.
It's all good to like the game better with a wheel...i will even admit it's a whole lot more realistic but that doesn't mean controller players should all get one...

Correct. All console players shouldn't have to get PC's or non VR players must get VR. We all play the game with what's right for us.

justonce68
13-03-2018, 10:26

I was referring too the topic of the thread, lack of FFB on the Fanatec Clubsport 2.5, not people using controllers, i used controllers for years, :cool:

Konan
13-03-2018, 10:57
I was referring too the topic of the thread, lack of FFB on the Fanatec Clubsport 2.5, not people using controllers, i used controllers for years, :cool:

In that case i apologise...not for what i said but for where i said it :cool:

Juiced46
13-03-2018, 22:09
What you call Ďsillyí and Ďnonsenseí is what got us heard and what eventually led to the point that the problem was (finally) looked into and detected (pretty quickly).
Sadly if you donít keep asking (and obviously repeating yourself), nothing is going to happen.
So thank all you guys for posting your Ďnonsenseí in this thread, at least we now know that this Ďminorí problem will be fixed.

Again I am very glad for you that you have tons of fun with the game as it is. We just seem to have different standards on what a racing simulation is supposed to deliver ;-)

Wow man, you really take things out of context don't you?

Some of "us" have actually contributed to this thread unlike yourself. So yes, there is nonsense. Some people like you are just bickering how bad the game is and unplayable but gave no constructive information on what they tried to do to fix the issue or specific settings that were asked for by the Devsto help solve the problem. I have (and others) posted all my findings, FW, settings etc to try to help solve the problem.

Here are just a few things you have contributed to this thread....

"Sadly I coudnít agree more. Prior to patch 3 FFB on PC2 felt good. Not as good as AC but very promising. Now even FM7 feels better... Hope the devs will find and fix the issue soon. Nearly 3 months of waiting now."

"Iíll keep on waiting..."

"Good news that you guys found the origin. Too bad to hear it will only be addressed in patch 5. Since the 07.12.2017 the game is broken for (edit: some of) us. Patch 5 is what, at least 2 months away..."

"Fanatec CSW 2.5. Very dissapointing indeed. FX, Kurbs... nothing. Everything still feels very numb."

So yes, lots of nonsense, trashing the game and no information to help the situation from you.

I just find it funny you keep saying your standards for Sim racing are different then mine. But you are playing on the most crippling platform for Sim racing..... If you were that SERIOUS about Sim racing, you would be playing on a PC. Clearly we have different opinions, which is fine......But, the game is not "unplayable" like you say, Period.

With that being said. I am done replying to you since it will just be back and forth bickering. I have contributed all the information I had with my testing and hopefully that info and the others that contributed with their findings helped the Devs. ;)

alegunner68
14-03-2018, 08:31
Glad to see they've found a fix for the csw. Do the dev's know if the csl will also benefit from this ( kerbs etc.)?

lmbg
14-03-2018, 09:16
Wow man, you really take things out of context don't you?

Some of "us" have actually contributed to this thread unlike yourself. So yes, there is nonsense. Some people like you are just bickering how bad the game is and unplayable but gave no constructive information on what they tried to do to fix the issue or specific settings that were asked for by the Devsto help solve the problem. I have (and others) posted all my findings, FW, settings etc to try to help solve the problem.

Here are just a few things you have contributed to this thread....

"Sadly I coudn’t agree more. Prior to patch 3 FFB on PC2 felt good. Not as good as AC but very promising. Now even FM7 feels better... Hope the devs will find and fix the issue soon. Nearly 3 months of waiting now."

"I’ll keep on waiting..."

"Good news that you guys found the origin. Too bad to hear it will only be addressed in patch 5. Since the 07.12.2017 the game is broken for (edit: some of) us. Patch 5 is what, at least 2 months away..."

"Fanatec CSW 2.5. Very dissapointing indeed. FX, Kurbs... nothing. Everything still feels very numb."

So yes, lots of nonsense, trashing the game and no information to help the situation from you.

I just find it funny you keep saying your standards for Sim racing are different then mine. But you are playing on the most crippling platform for Sim racing..... If you were that SERIOUS about Sim racing, you would be playing on a PC. Clearly we have different opinions, which is fine......But, the game is not "unplayable" like you say, Period.

With that being said. I am done replying to you since it will just be back and forth bickering. I have contributed all the information I had with my testing and hopefully that info and the others that contributed with their findings helped the Devs. ;)

Thank you for yet another valuable post ! I didn't 'trash' the game by any means. Complaining, yes, but certainly not trashing. Maybe it's just be me, but your choice (and interpretation) of words seems quite strange (trashing, silly, nonsense, smashing, bickering...). Personally I think there are other more appropriate and accurate words you could have used. Conversation would have been much more pleasant and respectful.

And yes, I believe we do have the right to be disappointed after a 3 months wait, that we do have the right to note that FFB still feels numb after the patch(es) came out and that it (FFB) was initially very promising but not in the current state... I can't see any trashing in any of those comments.

Most people I know (all with a driving license, and some with real life racing experience) do indeed not play the game at the moment because of the lack of information they receive through their wheel and the consequent odd driving sensation…
But again, if you have such fun and find it perfectly playable just makes me think that you do have a different standard on what is important in a racing sim. Technically, yes it is playable. Just that ATM the simulation aspect is missing.

Concerning your selection of my posts... Just picking parts or parts out of replies to other comments... Talking about taking things out of context ;)

Finally, posting your personal game and wheel settings did not help fix this issue as it had nothing to do with them (obvious, pretty quickly at least, with a little common sense).
But hey, one thing I can agree on is that I am done replying too. This is getting way too silly :D

Anyway, can't wait to play PC2 again once the FFB got fixed !

SRC Brian
16-03-2018, 07:22
I have swapped from a CSL which was excellent all round ffb to a v2.5 just last night and it's terrible in comparison.
Have I done something wrong or is this just a patch issue. I installed the latest firmware and driver.

dawg
16-03-2018, 08:15
I have swapped from a CSL which was excellent all round ffb to a v2.5 just last night and it's terrible in comparison.
Interesting that your CSL ffb feels excellent. My CSL goes noticeably worse if you compare it with Demo. Did someone notice this too? Or this is only for CSW wheelbases?

SRC Brian
16-03-2018, 08:31
Interesting that your CSL ffb feels excellent. My CSL goes noticeably worse if you compare it with Demo. Did someone notice this too? Or this is only for CSW wheelbases?

Yep my CSL ffb was spot on. The v2.5 is terrible. Have I understood this thread properly that patch 5 should resolve the v2.5 issue. Do we know when patch 5 is due.
Thanks

Maurice Boeschen
16-03-2018, 08:39
Yep my CSL ffb was spot on. The v2.5 is terrible. Have I understood this thread properly that patch 5 should resolve the v2.5 issue. Do we know when patch 5 is due.
Thanks

You are on PC, right? Well then this thread is not for you and you should look for help in the PC section as this one here is regarding curb and road effects lack on the Xbox version ONLY. Expect Patch 5 in May btw.
As a first step you should delete your controller files to get a fresh CSW v2.5 profile loaded and then we would need more info how you have your FFB adjusted in game, tuning menu etc.

Bealdor
16-03-2018, 08:43
Expect Patch 5 in May btw...

Not necessarily...

...I realise this bug is a pain in the backside, we're doing our best to get the next patch out as soon as we can with the fix in.

Asturbo
16-03-2018, 09:24
Expect Patch 5 in May btw.
Not necessarily...
Hope it would be April :rolleyes:

Jezza819
16-03-2018, 13:48
Not necessarily...

I hope you're correct. :)

Maskmagog
16-03-2018, 23:10
I’m curious: Will the fix for this ”core issue” resolve the Thrustmaster TX issue on Xbox as well (wild shaking in some cars)? Or is that a separate issue?

Juiced46
17-03-2018, 12:38
I’m curious: Will the fix for this ”core issue” resolve the Thrustmaster TX issue on Xbox as well (wild shaking in some cars)? Or is that a separate issue?

Alot of talk about that issue in this thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51772-Thrustmaster-TX-FFB-settings/page17

sam31149
20-03-2018, 00:12
I just put together my v2.5 the shifter and the pedaled and after a whole day I figured out how to turn it on . But my wheel is too hard and I canít remme where I saw how to adjust the wheel so as the review I saw that the wheel feels like a power steering. And canít calibrate the wheel but one major problem is that I am using it on an Xbox one X and do not have a pc but had installed windows on my Mac . My real question is if I am using it on my Xbox oneX do I have to download firmware or it is only for a pc . I am a bit confused . And need to know how to do with calibrate my shifter and wheel but is I am doing something wrong I will need your help regarding downloads and I think if there is some I will have to them install it from my memory isnít stick through the steering wheel slot ! Please correct me is I am wrong and any help will be apriciated ,

Juiced46
20-03-2018, 00:47
I just put together my v2.5 the shifter and the pedaled and after a whole day I figured out how to turn it on . But my wheel is too hard and I can’t remme where I saw how to adjust the wheel so as the review I saw that the wheel feels like a power steering. And can’t calibrate the wheel but one major problem is that I am using it on an Xbox one X and do not have a pc but had installed windows on my Mac . My real question is if I am using it on my Xbox oneX do I have to download firmware or it is only for a pc . I am a bit confused . And need to know how to do with calibrate my shifter and wheel but is I am doing something wrong I will need your help regarding downloads and I think if there is some I will have to them install it from my memory isn’t stick through the steering wheel slot ! Please correct me is I am wrong and any help will be apriciated ,

The first thing you need to do before connecting the wheel to your Xbox is to download and install the most current firmware from Fanatec and load it to the wheel using a PC.

Once Firmware is installed, you need to calibrate/center it and calibrate your shifter (connected to the PC in the PC Fanatec setup software)

When you turn the wheel on, it will show the firmware version on the rim display. You are going to do all this before connecting to the Xbox.

Once that is done, you need to put the wheel into Xbox Mode (green light) Red light is PC mode.

Once you are connected to your Xbox. If you press the Wrench button on the wheel, you can then scroll through the wheel settings. You will see "FF", lower this to lighten up the wheel. Also in PC2, "volume" will lighten up the wheel as well. I would keep PC2 at default settings and lower it on the rim.

All instructions can be downloaded from Fanatec. Download the manual for the V2.5 base and for the wheel rim you have, I am assuming a P1 rim for Xbox?

Juiced46
20-03-2018, 00:52
V2.5 Quick Guide
https://www.fanatec.com/download/CSW-V2.5_QG.pdf
V2.5 Manual
https://www.fanatec.com/download/CSW-V2.5_Manual.pdf

CSL P1 guide that is assuming you have that rim
https://www.fanatec.com/download/CSL-RP1X-QG-EN.pdf

The firmware you need depends on if you are using a 32 or 64 bit Windows system.

32 Bit Firmware
https://www.fanatec.com/download/Fanatec_32_driver_292.msi

64 Bit
https://www.fanatec.com/download/Fanatec_64_driver_292.msi

That is everything you need.....

sam31149
21-03-2018, 01:45
Ok I have a Mac no pc but I just installed Parrallel windows ten downloaded to a usb stick but I tried through the back of the wheel to install it but nothing happens can you tell me how? My iMac is too heavy have to do it this way . Can you please assist me ?
Regards
Sam

sam31149
21-03-2018, 01:49
Thank you for your assistance

Juiced46
21-03-2018, 02:28
Ok I have a Mac no pc but I just installed Parrallel windows ten downloaded to a usb stick but I tried through the back of the wheel to install it but nothing happens can you tell me how? My iMac is too heavy have to do it this way . Can you please assist me ?
Regards
Sam

Unfortunately, you need a PC to install the firmware. You install it using the driver software in windoews. You cannot just load it on a USB stick

transfix
21-03-2018, 13:15
Regards
Sam

If you have installed Windows, you need to download the driver software included in the firmware package. Once installed follow this procedure. *remember the wheel has to be in PC mode (red light) not Xbox mode for the wheel to be recognized.

1. Plug wheel into the wall and to PC via USB
2. Open Fanatec controller window
3. Turn wheel on. Put into PC mode Red light ( double squares + X, double squares + Y) to switch between Xbox and PC modes.
4. Wheel should show in the firmware window, double click to open.
5. Go to last tab to update firmware.
6. Center calibrate Wheel after update and done.

sam31149
21-03-2018, 19:58
Can you please assist me on how to download from my computer to my CSW-V2.5. . I have an iMac I havenít used windows for over 30 years and I installed parrallel windos 10 trail for 14 days if works ok I will buy the software if not I will buy a laptop for $500 just to download my updates when ever there are updates .

Juiced46
21-03-2018, 20:12
Can you please assist me on how to download from my computer to my CSW-V2.5. . I have an iMac I haven’t used windows for over 30 years and I installed parrallel windos 10 trail for 14 days if works ok I will buy the software if not I will buy a laptop for $500 just to download my updates when ever there are updates .

I literally posted every manual you need describing how to do it. You can buy a Windows laptop for $100-150 to do the job also. No need to spend $500

Bealdor
21-03-2018, 20:59
I literally posted every manual you need describing how to do it. You can buy a Windows laptop for $100-150 to do the job also. No need to spend $500

Or simply ask a friend who has a Windows PC. No need to spend money at all.

transfix
21-03-2018, 21:41
Can you please assist me on how to download from my computer to my CSW-V2.5. . I have an iMac I haven’t used windows for over 30 years and I installed parrallel windos 10 trail for 14 days if works ok I will buy the software if not I will buy a laptop for $500 just to download my updates when ever there are updates .

Hi Sam,

What is the issue you are having? There is nothing to download directly to the wheel base. I use a Mac with Windows 10 through bootcamp and it works very smooth.

SRC Brian
21-03-2018, 22:17
If the problem is known to be v2.5 combined with Xbox surely a fix can be released. The ffb is no better than than that Forza nonsense at present. Do we seriously have to wait weeks for resolution

EvenElectric
21-03-2018, 23:09
I just put together my v2.5 the shifter and the pedaled and after a whole day I figured out how to turn it on . But my wheel is too hard and I can’t remme where I saw how to adjust the wheel so as the review I saw that the wheel feels like a power steering. And can’t calibrate the wheel but one major problem is that I am using it on an Xbox one X and do not have a pc but had installed windows on my Mac . My real question is if I am using it on my Xbox oneX do I have to download firmware or it is only for a pc . I am a bit confused . And need to know how to do with calibrate my shifter and wheel but is I am doing something wrong I will need your help regarding downloads and I think if there is some I will have to them install it from my memory isn’t stick through the steering wheel slot ! Please correct me is I am wrong and any help will be apriciated ,

Fanatec wheels support is kind of broken with Project Cars 2 at the moment. Upgrading your firmware will not fix wheel feel issues with this game.

Have you tried your wheel on another game? I was able to run my Fanatec wheel just fine with an Xbox One X on Forza and Assetto Corsa -- without updating firmware. I did eventually update the firmware using Virtual Box on my Mac with a Windows 10 install. Virtual Box is free. You can download a Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft (for free). BUT as I said you might not even have to update your firmware. There are lots of tricky details on how to get this set up. You will need to research this on Google.

Also look at your Fanatec manuals. There are a lot of things you can adjust. Turn down the in-wheel FF setting if your steering is too heavy.

EvenElectric
21-03-2018, 23:11
If the problem is known to be v2.5 combined with Xbox surely a fix can be released. The ffb is no better than than that Forza nonsense at present. Do we seriously have to wait weeks for resolution

What Forza nonsense? Forza 7 FFB is pretty good.

sam31149
22-03-2018, 00:47
If you have installed Windows, you need to download the driver software included in the firmware package. Once installed follow this procedure. *remember the wheel has to be in PC mode (red light) not Xbox mode for the wheel to be recognized.

1. Plug wheel into the wall and to PC via USB
2. Open Fanatec controller window
3. Turn wheel on. Put into PC mode Red light ( double squares + X, double squares + Y) to switch between Xbox and PC modes.
4. Wheel should show in the firmware window, double click to open.
5. Go to last tab to update firmware.
6. Center calibrate Wheel after update and done.
Joseph Gossen thank you very very much now this what I call clear and simple . You sound like a Middle Eastern as they don’t like to bs talking very much they shoot straight to the point .Thanks a Million

Sankyo
22-03-2018, 05:49

Releasing a quick fix isn't as easy as you might think it is (and everyone including SMS would like it to be) on consoles.

Juiced46
22-03-2018, 21:21

A fix will be released. It has been posted countless times on this forum that the process is not just in the hands of SMS when a patch is released and other avenues cause delays.

I agree, FM7 FFB is quite good. Better then PC2 at the moment with the V2.5. However the PC2 demo really shows what the FFB should feel like for us 2.5 users

SRC Brian
22-03-2018, 22:05

Could you let me know what in game setting you have found to be good. I can't get any surface feel from Forza. Weight in the turns on the wheel but not much else.
Thanks

EvenElectric
22-03-2018, 23:52
Sure. I think they're mostly default except:

All deadzones: 0 and 100
Force Feedback Scale: 100 (use your wheel to dial down the FFB)
Wheel Rotation Angle: 660 (but I think the SEN wheel settings overrides this)
Force Feedback Understeer: 40 (want more FFB on understeer, turn this up)

Wheel settings:
SEN: 540
FF: 15 (if you want a heavier wheel turn this up, try 20)
SHO: 20 (more kerb and road feel, turn this up)
ABS: 100 (I don't use ABS in the game)
DRI: OFF (not into using this)
BRF: 50

I'm on a Fanatec 2.5 wheelbase, and it's super strong. So you might have to turn up the FF and SHO numbers.

For Assists:
Try turning off everything. No ABS, stability, traction control, etc. Also set the steering to Normal (not Sim).

SRC Brian
23-03-2018, 11:04

Wheel settings:

I'm on a Fanatec 2.5 wheelbase, and it's super strong. So you might have to turn up the FF and SHO numbers.

For Assists:
Try turning off everything. No ABS, stability, traction control, etc. Also set the steering to Normal (not Sim).

Ideal thanks I also use the v2.5 and drive no assists so will straight lift these settings and give it a go.
Much appreciated

Maurice Boeschen
23-03-2018, 11:22

Wheel settings:

For Assists:

SHO has nothing to do with FFB effects - stronger curb and road feel is just a placebo as Shock only makes the CSW rim motors vibration for ABS or Traction loss but the two motors in the CSW rims cant output real FFB.

transfix
23-03-2018, 12:10
SHO has nothing to do with FFB effects - stronger curb and road feel is just a placebo as Shock only makes the CSW rim motors vibration for ABS or Traction loss but the two motors in the CSW rims cant output real FFB.

And currently only applies to the BMW and Porsche 918 wheels as they are the only 2 with motors on the wheel.

Maurice Boeschen
23-03-2018, 12:16
And currently only applies to the BMW and Porsche 918 wheels as they are the only 2 with motors on the wheel.

Formula and Formula Carbon also have them...

transfix
23-03-2018, 14:39
Formula and Formula Carbon also have them...

Doh. Missed those two.

EvenElectric
24-03-2018, 19:07

Oh interesting. Did not know this! Placebo indeed. It totally felt like I was dialing down the kerb feel by lowering the SHO. Lol.

Tiger Feet
05-04-2018, 13:07
Well patch 5 has just been released on PC.... We can only hope the Xbox patch will arrive with a fix within days and this issue can be put to bed :)

killer2293
05-04-2018, 13:46
Well patch 5 has just been released on PC.... We can only hope the Xbox patch will arrive with a fix within days and this issue can be put to bed :) I hope this is the case!

killer2293
12-04-2018, 16:33
Patch 5 fixed it ladies and gentlemen. I have raced a half of a lap at Redbull Ring and it is good. I forgot how much fun this game is. Thank you Team SMS.

Konan
12-04-2018, 16:35
Patch 5 fixed it ladies and gentlemen. I have raced a half of a lap at Redbull Ring and it is good. I forgot how much fun this game is. Thank you Team SMS.

Good to hear mate...have fun!

SRC Brian
12-04-2018, 17:09
Great news downloading now

Gymnast
12-04-2018, 17:10
Gonna try it in around 15 minutes fingers crossed.

Juiced46
12-04-2018, 17:45
Nice! Cant wait to get home from work

Jezza819
12-04-2018, 19:24
Nice! Cant wait to get home from work

Yeah me too. :) I didn't expect it to be released this quickly.

Chokofanten
12-04-2018, 20:53
Thanks SMS.:yes:

Juiced46
13-04-2018, 01:28
I was able to get an hour in tonight and holy crap. Now the wheel feels right! Very happy.

The one odd thing was, which is good for me but cannot figure out why. I have been running consistent times within tenths in private mode using the Ferrari GTE on Nurburg GP. Since I run this car and setup alot, this was the first test I did. On the first lap out, I beat my top time by 4 seconds! Same setup, no change, I have no idea why this happened......The car just felt way better then it ever has.

Jezza819
13-04-2018, 03:59
Oh yes this is much, much better. Project Cars 2 is back!!!! I've just finished my first race but had to come in here to thank SMS for believing that yes indeed we did have a justifiable problem and for finding it quickly and resolving it. I can feel the road again and the kerbs. My first race was at Imola and I intentionally took the higher kerbs at Variante Alta just to feel the wheel react again.

Plus the overall game volume is now higher!!! Ok back to racing again. Thanks again SMS :applause:

Tiger Feet
13-04-2018, 07:30
Why now SMS!? Coudnt you just given me one day of smugness. Why release this fix on the day I spend ££££ on a PC!? WHY!?

:D

Typical :D but I so happy for you guys that have been waiting to get you teeth into this game. I love this game.

Gymnast
13-04-2018, 08:45
Did a few laps yesterday and my wheel is back. Can’t wait to put Some time in this great game again today.

transfix
13-04-2018, 16:56
Fantastic ! Absolutely love the feel of the wheel now. Reverted back to default Raw 100/50/50/50 thank you !