PDA

View Full Version : Any female racers out there?

Charger
09-12-2017, 20:33
I see a distinct lack of female racers at the moment and as it's the 21st Century with equality and all that why is this?

Would be great to get some in our group to shut the moaning old gits up lol.

Could even make me a sandwich while I drive ;-)

rich1e I
09-12-2017, 20:59
1 million times YES to this. SimRacingGirl is working hard against gender stereotypes on Youtube and social media hoping that many girls and women follow her example, but I think she's more into AC.
I'd say there are more girls and women racing in sims than we'd imagine. At least I hope so :p

CoproManiac
09-12-2017, 21:23
There's no internet connection in the kitchen I assume

trrane
09-12-2017, 21:25
I'm not a female but i guess most girls are pretty tired of hearing jokes like "Make me a sandwich" when they go online..

Wolkenwolf
09-12-2017, 22:02
make me ... will not work
https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/sandwich.png

hkraft300
10-12-2017, 01:38
There are few girls in the car scene, in and around car culture. Getting their hands greasy, out there at track days, in motorsport etc.

The numbers will always remain skewed (in military, STEM, motorsport), not because of "gender stereotypes."

It's biology. Their interests are different.
Men and women are not equal, they're different.

My wife makes a great sandwich. She makes me sandwiches and I buy her nice things :)

Charger
10-12-2017, 02:02
I'm not a female but i guess most girls are pretty tired of hearing jokes like "Make me a sandwich" when they go online..

Wooo, Metrosexual alert, It was a joke, to invoke some response, obviously it triggered your female side, well done. FYI I buy my other half her monthly towels, I have no problem going the supermarket and buying these things, I also have a daughter, the checkout girls are more shy than me, they dump them to the bottom of the bag.

Good point on the net connection though, must get some wireless extenders into the kitchen.

Sandwiches are nice though, especially delivered naked.....well I mean the women not the sandwich, bread and butter don't fly with me.

Synystr
10-12-2017, 02:11
We've got a girl racing with us in PRD.

But, in all seriousness...

Its mostly this kind of attention that freaks them out lol.

Charger
10-12-2017, 02:14
Ya think, most of the women I know who are into cars can give what they take, even more so sometimes, I respect a women that can tell me the difference between a turbo vs a sandwich!

hkraft300
10-12-2017, 04:51
If she knows the difference between a sandwich and a turbo, keep her xD

IsaacAsimov2670
10-12-2017, 05:08
I am amazed, I try to keep everything as positive as possible on this forum but some of these comments are shocking... OP asked to talk about Female drivers in the community and within a few comments it moved toward cave man thinking... well done guys. Serious or Joking...should be ashamed.
Edit: just reread and see the sandwich comment came from OP! This should have been closed and deleted b4 second message.

hkraft300
10-12-2017, 05:25
No, I won't be ashamed. A joke is a joke. There's nothing malicious in this thread. The same men who make these "chauvinist" jokes are good men with wives, mothers sisters and daughters who they love, care for and protect.

Boys will be boys, and I won't apologise for it.

IsaacAsimov2670
10-12-2017, 05:57
That’s your opnion, fair enough... but my opnion is.. the fact you think it’s ok to say something like that as a joke & pass it off as being a ‘lad ’ is inexcusable in this day and age.. you mention family too.. I have a 7 yr old daughter and teach her to call out jokes like this for what they really are.. caveman mentality that will never die unless the ‘Real Men’ (not boys) of the family teach the kind of values that mean it’s not ok to even joke about...entitled to your opnion.. you now have mine. Nothing else to say. I have to take my daughter to Taewkondo.. will teach her to kick little boys like you in the nuts. Ciao.

hkraft300
10-12-2017, 06:10
It's OK to promote violence against boys but not OK for a joke towards girls.
Right.

IsaacAsimov2670
10-12-2017, 06:29
Oh go on then... I can’t resist... Comments like that get what they deserve, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.. hopefully the little boy will learn from his encounter with my ninja daughter.. I don’t think you understand the seriousness of what these kind of ‘jokes’ represent in the bigger picture so let’s not get started on that.. this is a Pcars 2 forum my friend... see you on the tracK! I am guessing you like racing the Ford Pick Ups.

Charger
10-12-2017, 06:39
Holy Shit, it was a light hearted bit of banter between like minded racers, I have the most respect for women after all she gave birth to my daughter, try shitting a bowling ball out your arse and you will soon find some respect.

I taught my daughter to box, no man will ever take advantage of her, believe me if they did they wouldn't walk again in a straight line.

Some people really need to get a perspective on life and chill the f..k out, it's not having a laugh at the female slant of things, it was a genuine 'where are all the girls' thread that was mean't to be jovial.

As I said I know women that are more of a petrolhead than me, I love it, the way you have made it sound is like they can't be that way and they are weak.

I would not say anything on this forum that I wouldn't say to 'er indoors' because I know if I crossed the line I would have a black eye or two, they can stick up for themselves you know.

You sound like some pampering p....y that wants to defend a woman's honour when in actual fact they can defend themselves, who is putting them down more you or me?

If a woman calls me a limp d.ck does that mean I have to Taewkondo her a.., no it means she can stick up for herself and has some ba..s, more than you obviously have, get a grip and lighten up.

Now make me a sandwich sonny ;-)

IsaacAsimov2670
10-12-2017, 07:04
Hear you Charge... Could have been such a great post but you cocked it up in 4 words! See you on the track, assuming Pick Ups Too?

Cole_Trickle
10-12-2017, 07:40
Thesis A: Female humans who are really into cars spent their time in or at a real car and not in SimRacing.
Thesis B: They are still asleep at this blasphemic time of day and will chuckle their morning tea when reading this later.
Thesis C: Charger is a man (How dare I to assume gender!) with humour and with this knowledge provided some lads here should take some slices (no sandwich pun intended) and start the day without feeling representatively raddy.

Chooose two. :-)

Enjoy your Sunday!

CoproManiac
10-12-2017, 11:31
Oh god, I miss the times where you could actually have some fun instead of this day and age where everyone seems to walk around with a stick up their arse.

hkraft300
10-12-2017, 12:07
I'm a regressive redneck pickup driver because me thinks it's not ok to use violence when someone says words that doesn't fit the feminism kool-aid...

I suppose wage gap is a thing too... :rolleyes:

Gotta sell my truck and buy a Tesla. Get with the times.