PDA

View Full Version : Need help understanding a few issues

Lord_Flexington
09-12-2017, 21:56
Ps4-Standard
G29 Wheel

First, Yes I am frusturated.

Haven't played in a week or so waiting for new patcehs and the time needed to test.

Couple things I still dont understand. Why do I only have access to 20 lobbies at anytime on Multi. Whats the point we have a huge play count on ps4 but i can only see 20 lobbies of 2-4 ppl per lobby. Regardless of class/min grade. (will we ever be able to browse servers???)

Hop into indy car race default stable setup, im still running into the double up shift bug. 2nd-4th. 3rd- to 6th. Literally makes things unplayable because idk whats going on mid shift and its not continuous. one lap im fine the next it happens in each corner. Happens in TCR as well.

Mic chat-start a race and ALL my soounds are muted except the hosts mic which is nothing but button clicks. I can hear my car but this new, yes hot mics are an issue and super loud. This is new as all other game sound was muted. Why cant we just not hear mics if we dont have one connected? Mind you this didn't happen during quali. As soon as the lights turned green all i could hear was his mic and by wee bit of engine sound.

How do i get the lap time HUD menu off? When i click to clear screen i expect a clear screen and not have to fiddle mid corner on how to make this info dissapear. (combo of hitting left/right on d-pad it seems.

Can we PLEASE have an inclination in the pits or quali what the race distance is? or how much fuel we should have. Serioulsy why cant we see lobby/race info once in the race. I got 45 minutes of frusturating racing in today. Between gear issues, mics, lack of lobbies, and general dissapointment im really annoyed now. I've had it since launch and its hit/miss how my day goes. If anyone knows any system settings or things that i can check to fix these issues i would be super happy. A part of me feels that just maybe this is user error.

THanks and just incase some dev cares. I really like that you have TCR cars in the game. Can we get the mk7 gti TCR? or the Audi RS3? Just putting it in the ether.

Flex

stevewf1
09-12-2017, 22:24
Post patch on PS4 the fuel level within setup also shows the amount of laps now. Plus in the menu before race start, top left hand side of the screen shows race distance.

Not experienced any shifting issue with G29, but have had a lots of steering issues (inconsistent steering, excessive FFB, steering moving left and right on the straights).

Agree with you on the mic sound, it's been a problem since the first release of the game. Mics are far too loud and offputting when you can't hear your own engine revs because of it. I don't race with a mic myself so would prefer not to hear any mic sounds, but there is no way to disable this, and muting doesn't always work.

Like you I just have too many days with this game where I just end up frustrated because of numerous issues, which is shame because there are so many aspects to this game that I really like.

Lord_Flexington
09-12-2017, 22:39
Post patch on PS4 the fuel level within setup also shows the amount of laps now. Plus in the menu before race start, top left hand side of the screen shows race distance.

Not experienced any shifting issue with G29, but have had a lots of steering issues (inconsistent steering, excessive FFB, steering moving left and right on the straights).

Agree with you on the mic sound, it's been a problem since the first release of the game. Mics are far too loud and offputting when you can't hear your own engine revs because of it. I don't race with a mic myself so would prefer not to hear any mic sounds, but there is no way to disable this, and muting doesn't work consistently.

Like you I just have too many days with this game where I just end up frustrated because of numerous issues, which is shame because there are so many good aspects to this game which are being overshadowed.

THank you for the updates. I will look for that tomorrow. Thats good to know.

FFB and steering did feel off, I wasnt sure if it was just the setup but it felt like the car weren't turning unless i was really pushing it, FFB was weak it just felt super light.

I agree there are so many awesome aspects of this game, its a shame the more technical/UI bits are so insconsistent (for now, as i have hope)

Lord_Flexington
11-12-2017, 14:43
So update, I realize I made an error. The patch for NA ps4s will not start till tuesday. So there is a possibility that these things may be fixed by Tuesday.

Looking forward to playing