PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes to the dashboard

STaLLiOnO
10-12-2017, 11:02
Everytime i leave a Custom Race, the game crashes. Add a patch really isn't good if you add more bugs. SMS, great game but the game is far from complete.

P4ULR7DER78
11-12-2017, 12:05
I am also suffering from crash to homesceen issues. Usually after private testing.

z3r0cool77
11-12-2017, 12:27
I have never had a crash that didnt involve my car hitting something. I see ppl post about dashboard crashing and have to wonder if its console related. On my oldest xbox in house, I’ve had to do a factory software reset 3 times from a bootable usb just to keep it functioning. They do eventually start to experience issues, (Consoles) and pcars2 is far more damanding on the xbox than most games. If its gonna start having errors its probably fonna be during a pcars session.

OddTimer
13-12-2017, 12:17
I was having the same issue until I moved the game to the internal storage. Crashes stopped happening. I'm not saying the game doesn't work fine on external drives, but it could be a glitch in the installation of the game so moving it can help.

Sankyo
13-12-2017, 13:40
Doesn't an external HDD go into sleep mode after a while? Maybe that causes a disk access issue when going back to the main menu after a race?

OddTimer
15-12-2017, 08:47
Doesn't an external HDD go into sleep mode after a while? Maybe that causes a disk access issue when going back to the main menu after a race?

hum...I would think the console OS would control that? and if the console is constantly using data store on an external it shouldn't hibernate. I have 2 external drives, Pcars 2 was the only game giving me trouble. I think it has more to do with what Ian said on another thread. Maybe something wrong with the installation, the way data was saved in the drive and that's why just reintalling it won't work, because the data would go back to the exact same location and the issue would repeat....if you want to use the same drive, then you would have to uninstall PC2 AND another game, so a new install would use different parts of the drive....I hope it makes sense lol...

Jormvngandr
16-12-2017, 14:41

Yes it does (depending on settings used)

I have the same problem as OP, and i dont use an external HDD. Most of the time the game crashes back to the dash after finishing a time trial or free practice. It also happend once while saving a replay from a online lobby.
So my guess is that something during saving is causing the game to crash.

im running with Xbox one S and have the latest patch installed.