PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 911 GT3 R Setup Help

Retrogott3
11-12-2017, 10:00
Hey guys,

i want to create a base setup for my Gt3 R. I find the default stable setup okay, but in fast corner I expierience a lot of understeering. Also on the brakes I overtimes start slipping.

Any tips about how I can improve this?

A good track for setting up a basic setup?

Thanks!

Nyreen
11-12-2017, 11:12
I was trying the car on default loose but it was terrible. I downloaded the setup of Sloskimo (a fellow friend in TT) and it was handling like it should. Try his (or mine), download his ghost on Dubai Club layout (the littlest), and run the car to see if you feel a difference. Caution, because it's adapted for TT mode with low fuel, low pressure and maybe no radiators. Don't forget the hard tires because it's a 2.0 setup.

drathuu
11-12-2017, 11:25
You could try some of our timetrial ghost setups.. (our leugue just finished a season and we ran all the top world records on all the curcuits we used) - Bathurst, ZhuHaihai, Sugo and Fuji.

Frosty likes his oversteery
Pyridinites is pretty stable, as is mine (Drathuu)
Karlos is inbetween the two.

AbeWoz
11-12-2017, 12:14
the 911 GT3 R will inherently understeer due to the rear-engine layout. Porsche race cars take a very unique driving style to get them up to speed with the other cars. You need to brake late and hard to get the weight of the car onto the fronts, and you need to do a lot of trail-braking.

Trying lowering the front ride height, as well as running softer springs up front to allow more/quicker weight transfer.

Rodgerzzz
11-12-2017, 12:54
The default Setups are a bit high in the Porsche So definitely lower it as much as possible. Also I've found lowering the camber value to around 2-2.5 on both the front and rear really helps. The springs and ARB's are set really soft by default So maybe try stiffening the Rear up a bit to get the car rotating a bit more to your liking.

Retrogott3
11-12-2017, 13:36
Thank you guys, I will try out your suggestions!

bohuggabee
14-12-2017, 04:25
a 911 should oversteer very easily actually. the driving style is unique for the car. but they are the last car that should understeer…idk who told you that. it took along time for porsche to work out the oversteer issues of the 911. braking late and hard into the turn is just part of the philosophy of the rear distribution of mass. you get to let the machine work for you, and it comes alive almost. when driven right, the 911 almost drives itself. you break hard in a line, find your traction and let the mass pull you around. its like a tether to the front tires where the weight wants to just swing around, add that with the ability to get superb traction and acceleration the cars are wonderful for powering out of the turn. but they don't carry the same amount of speed consistently in the turn nor transfer mass as reliably as a mid engined car making them less quick in heavy transitions, and prone to spinning out. they like to float the front end as well, which gives them a completely unique feel. but really you can tune any car to drive like any other car, its just how the weight effects tread and parts. but the driving philosophy behind the rear engine is something that if you get it, understand it, and know how to use it, can really start eat away at turns, at the expense of your tires… but can dominate thoroughly in the right hands. just like any other car, but you might just have a lot more fun

Leroygtt
17-12-2017, 16:07
I was trying the car on default loose but it was terrible. I downloaded the setup of Sloskimo (a fellow friend in TT) and it was handling like it should. Try his (or mine), download his ghost on Dubai Club layout (the littlest), and run the car to see if you feel a difference. Caution, because it's adapted for TT mode with low fuel, low pressure and maybe no radiators. Don't forget the hard tires because it's a 2.0 setup.

Could you maybe show me the setup with screenshots? I canít download the ghost cause iím on the one X.