PDA

View Full Version : World time attack STRANGE inconsistency

tipostrano
11-12-2017, 14:48
In sugo, Master West EU Event, until yesterday, Speeddmon91 was the leader with the (REALLY) perfect time of 1.19.300. It was a perfect lap, for sure. Trying 2 days, all day, to reach 4th position with 1.19.376.
Today, with my great amazement, i saw new record by a pro, OSCARO ROTAX, who did a before impossible time of 1.18.656. It sounds impossible, i mean, until now. Go back to track, to see Rotax ghost in action and...unbelievable... i did 1.19.050 on first try. Yesterday was impoossible, i today i didn't really made a perfect lap.
The track conditions, or car setup, are silently changed today. Strange, and not really fair, without any word about it.

Smoo
11-12-2017, 15:10
Ottimooo

Il mio best in gara 1.20 3 e in test privati 1.19.8

tipostrano
11-12-2017, 15:27
Maybe someone would make a favour to OSCARO drivers.

couffi
21-12-2017, 14:03
Another strangre thing, is that some drivers have a custom setup in this event the setup is blocked ..
I don't know how they can use a custom setup .. i try many things, but im always with the default setup ..
i tell sms about it, they said it was a bug, and they can't fix it on the server side, it needs a game fix .. so not for now

ironik
21-12-2017, 14:59
Another strangre thing, is that some drivers have a custom setup in this event the setup is blocked ..
I don't know how they can use a custom setup .. i try many things, but im always with the default setup ..
i tell sms about it, they said it was a bug, and they can't fix it on the server side, it needs a game fix .. so not for now

Yeah, I noticed that too.
I made a 1:18,759 with default setup and I could probably do a 1:18,6xx with a perfect lap.
I thought that the custom setup icon was a graphical glitch, but, when I managed to improve my laptime and get closer to the ghost of BAM TomiKillos, I found that it was impossible to take the final corner that fast, no matter what I tried.
I'm not the fastest outhere so I wasn't that worried about it. I managed to reach the 7th place, briefly, and I was already very happy with my 10th.

I then read someone claiming that it was possible to load a custom setups whereas the event is on "fixed setup".
So I tried it to report it to SMS in case there is an exploit.
It worked.

I then tried to improve my lap, just to see if I could go any faster... I gained 0.2s whereas I was struggling to gain 0.050s with default setup.
I was hesitant to upload the time but ... well ... some guys were using a custom setup already, so why bother ?

I don't say that the guys with custom setups intended to cheat though. I'm quite sure it's not deliberate.

Tipostrano, please don't play the "conspiracy" card. ;)

Anyway, as I'd like to know how fast I really am, everybody should be on an equal footing so I made a video of the exploit (I made it for SMS though).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExR45pHq1dU

Oh, by the way, TX3 Storm is incredibly fast with the default setup. That's impressive. :encouragement:
I bet he would be the winner of this event with a custom setup.

tipostrano
21-12-2017, 15:19
Well, i notice me too.
You are right, and you made a good job reporting to sms.
Well, for the cospiracy, i was wrong. And now i am an Oscaro driver too ;)

tipostrano
21-12-2017, 18:08
And maybe you too i saw :)