PDA

View Full Version : Problem with kicking

sid1965
12-12-2017, 12:18
Hi, Am i using the kicking system wrong. Set a race up last night ,had to kick a player for ramming in qualifying. He came back into the same qualifying session 3 times causing trouble, so the 3rd time i waited until under 3 minutes of the session left and then kicked him so he could not come back. As Iím the host i thought that if i kicked someone they cant come back or is this a bug. Thanks

Avextro
13-12-2017, 02:51
From my experience kicking has made it so that peole can't join back. Maybe a bug you experienced. But I think theres a worse problem with kicking. I was recently in a full lovby race and was having a great battle for the top 3 spots. When suddenly we all started getting kicked. The host shouldn't just be able to kick everyone to win a race. And worst still, I lost almost 40 skill points for this! Makes it unessecarily hard to get your skill rating higher when this can happen. I've lost almost 200 points for no reason now, including losing 52 for winning!

Shayd0ce
15-12-2017, 00:25
From my experience kicking has made it so that peole can't join back. Maybe a bug you experienced. But I think theres a worse problem with kicking. I was recently in a full lovby race and was having a great battle for the top 3 spots. When suddenly we all started getting kicked. The host shouldn't just be able to kick everyone to win a race. And worst still, I lost almost 40 skill points for this! Makes it unessecarily hard to get your skill rating higher when this can happen. I've lost almost 200 points for no reason now, including losing 52 for winning!

Let me guess, the host was [RR]Tfarcraw, right?

It's the second time I see this player doing this. It deserves a ban.

Charger
15-12-2017, 01:24
The host should be allowed to kick and it should be permanent for that session, we use the dedi API for it and they can't rejoin, if you kick as host in game they can rejoin, I don't agree with kicking in race though, you should have weeded them out in qualy.

Too many hosts are inexperienced in hosting or just plain dickheads, you should never kick for being beaten, only kick for griefing or extreme lag but notify them first and give them a chance to leave.

Being host doesn't make you God but it can make for a clean race ;-0