PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying & race pace

RookieRaceline
12-12-2017, 15:27
So i started a new career in the game, and picked the Ginetas Junior. I originally didn't like them much, but hearing from others i wanted to give them a try again.

They do feel better now, compared to what i remember, but i was really confused at the pace.

I run AI at 65 (yeah i am not good at this) and i could not keep up in qualifying. I eventually came closer, and finished 1,5 sec off the leader (but still last position)

When the race started, i passed most of the AI, and was at P3 by the end of the first lap!
Is this a glitch or a bug?

Schnizz58
12-12-2017, 15:37
I ran through the Ginetta Jr. series over the past weekend to try out the new patch. [My overall impressions are in the patch thread.] One thing I've noticed is that the AI are still very inconsistent. On some tracks I can't keep up (I run at 75%) and on others, they can't keep up with me. In the 10 race series, I think in every race I either won it or was dead last. There was one race where I was last in qualifying (waaaay last, like a couple of seconds off the pace), started the race in the back and then won the race (I think it was dry during qualy but rained for the race).

Also, the AI cars are slow off the line at the start. It was the same in PC1. I'm not the best at the start either but I can usually pick up at least 3-4 places before the first corner.

RookieRaceline
12-12-2017, 15:39
I ran through the Ginetta Jr. series over the past weekend to try out the new patch. [My overall impressions are in the patch thread.] One thing I've noticed is that the AI are still very inconsistent. On some tracks I can't keep up (I run at 75%) and on others, they can't keep up with me. In the 10 race series, I think in every race I either won it or was dead last. There was one race where I was last in qualifying (waaaay last, like a couple of seconds off the pace), started the race in the back and then won the race (I think it was dry during qualy but rained for the race).

Also, the AI cars are slow off the line at the start. It was the same in PC1. I'm not the best at the start either but I can usually pick up at least 3-4 places before the first corner.

I understand that the AI perform differently in different tracks (to me it looks like they are very fast in fast tracks, and very slow in twitchy tracks)
But i don't undrestand the performance shoft on the same track, with same conditions.

Schnizz58
12-12-2017, 15:41
Agreed. I think the AI still need some tweaking.

Also, did you notice that there is a big gap between 1st & 2nd gear in the Ginetta Jr.? If I shift at the redline, the engine still nearly stalls. I don't remember it being that way before this patch.

RookieRaceline
12-12-2017, 15:43
Agreed. I think the AI still need some tweaking.

Also, did you notice that there is a big gap between 1st & 2nd gear in the Ginetta Jr.? If I shift at the redline, the engine still nearly stalls. I don't remember it being that way before this patch.

I'm not nearly good enough to notice that LOL :)
Is that in all tracks? in oulton, i use the down hill incline to stay on higher gears, i would expect it to work the oposite on a climb?

Schnizz58
12-12-2017, 15:53
Yeah it's in all tracks. The gear ratios are something like 1 - 3.0, 2 - 1.5, 3 - 1.2 and that seems like a hell of a jump from 1st to 2nd. I would normally use 1st for the hairpin (turn 2) at Snetterton for example but with these ratios it's better to stay in 2nd. The engine really bogs down going from 1st to 2nd.