PDA

View Full Version : Sky Colour Banding

LeMansIndy500
12-12-2017, 18:52
I was doing an online race at Nürburgring GP in clear weather, which went from dusk to night, and I noticed some banding in the sky after the sun had set. I was in a GT3 car but can’t remember which one.

I then went to Private Testing and selected the same car at Brno. I started at 18:00 in clear weather and time progression set to x30. I noticed the banding again after the sun had set and wondered if it was to do with the accelerated time progression. I then went back and tried it at 20:00 with real time progression but the banding was still there. Both times were set to a date in April.

I use a PS4 Pro and only noticed the banding in HDR. SDR didn’t have any at all. I also use an LG 55 OLED B7V.

Has anybody else noticed this? I don’t remember seeing it before patch 3.0 but I wasn’t really looking out for it.

DesmoPT
13-12-2017, 15:55
I was doing an online race at Nürburgring GP in clear weather, which went from dusk to night, and I noticed some banding in the sky after the sun had set. I was in a GT3 car but can’t remember which one.

I then went to Private Testing and selected the same car at Brno. I started at 18:00 in clear weather and time progression set to x30. I noticed the banding again after the sun had set and wondered if it was to do with the accelerated time progression. I then went back and tried it at 20:00 with real time progression but the banding was still there. Both times were set to a date in April.

I use a PS4 Pro and only noticed the banding in HDR. SDR didn’t have any at all. I also use an LG 55 OLED B7V.

Has anybody else noticed this? I don’t remember seeing it before patch 3.0 but I wasn’t really looking out for it.

I also have the exact same setup as you ... HDR is completely broken on P Cars 2!
Other games look stunning!

LeMansIndy500
13-12-2017, 22:32
I also have the exact same setup as you ... HDR is completely broken on P Cars 2!
Other games look stunning!

Have you noticed the banding as well?

DesmoPT
14-12-2017, 08:28
Have you noticed the banding as well?

No mate ... usually i play with fixed weather/time of day.

LeMansIndy500
14-04-2019, 19:32
I know it’s been a while since I started this post but was wondering if anybody else between then and now has noticed the issue I mentioned in my original post?