PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] G920 Wheel vibration and controller dampner settings disabled??

DaMakeMan
13-12-2017, 09:27
Hello!

Im waiting to buy the new Fanatec ddw when it comes out. I decided to buy the G920 yesterday and play with it untill then. I only play with Xbox One X.

I got the wheel calibrated and set up. No worries there. My problem is the controller dampner and vibration settings. In my menu they are "disabled" for some reason. Both of these settings are greyded and I can not access or change them in any way. The menu skips over. FFB works as it should and the wheel works perfect in Forza 7.

I connected the wheel to my PC and updated the firmware after with success. Still the vibration and controller dampner are un selectable.

Can someone help me?

Should I delete and re-installe the game?

All advice appreciated!

Sankyo
13-12-2017, 09:32
I'm pretty sure they're both not wheel settings. Vibration is something that gamepads use as FFB, damper I'm not sure but AFAIK it's also not related to wheels.

DaMakeMan
13-12-2017, 09:38
Thank you for your reply.

I was wondering about this, cause only the FFB works unlike in Forza. So no vibrations on grass or going over kerbs, etc.

Should the G920 vibrate going over grass/kerbs?

Sankyo
13-12-2017, 09:40
There should be FFB over grass and kerbs but there's a known bug with that. Will be fixed in the next patch.

DaMakeMan
13-12-2017, 09:42
So no falty G920 then!

Thanks a million for your help!

Sankyo
13-12-2017, 09:45
Definitely not faulty :)