PDA

View Full Version : HDR is really poor on P Cars 2

DesmoPT
13-12-2017, 15:20
I was hoping the patch would improve the HDR settings on the PS4 Pro - it didnīt!
I have to disable HDR in order to play the game properly i.e. reading all text on screen: times, laps, etc... With HDR on itīs impossible to read the text, it looks blurred and ver hard to read. The bar on the tunning setup is not visible at all with HDR on.

My setup:
PS4 Pro
LG OLED B7
HDMI certified cable

All other games i have with HDR run perfectly.

Anyone else?

Thanks

ian2726
13-12-2017, 15:32
the bar for selecting tunes is very very dim on my xb1x with HDR also.

lancashirelad
13-12-2017, 18:32
Yeah I can't distinguish what setup I'm loading with hdr enabled. Thought is was going to be fixed in the patch but hopefully will be in next one.

Minimitch
13-12-2017, 18:51
Yeah it's really hard to see what is highlighted

LeMansIndy500
13-12-2017, 22:37
I posted a thread about this and I know the OP of this one replied but have any of you other guys noticed colour banding in the sky just after the sun has set? Like the OP I’m playing in HDR on PS4 Pro on an LG 55 OLED B7V.

amazed
14-12-2017, 05:08
Have you calibrated the HDR settings in the game?

DesmoPT
14-12-2017, 08:27
Have you calibrated the HDR settings in the game?

Yes ... a perfect match.
even tweaking the settings:
OLED - 100
CONTRAST - 100

the resul is the same.

Itīs sad i have to disable HDR from the PS4Pro menu in order to play PCars2

Sankyo
14-12-2017, 08:54
Have you guys checked whether your TV settings clash with in-game HDR? And are you running the latest TV firmware version?

Anyway, it's with the devs for investigation now.

DesmoPT
14-12-2017, 10:09
Have you guys checked whether your TV settings clash with in-game HDR? And are you running the latest TV firmware version?

TV has the latest firmware update (04.70.10), and HDMI port is set to WIDE Color Gamut (for HDR use). So everything is in place.
It seems that the real problem is the way text is displayed on screen while HDR is enabled.

JohnSchoonsBeard
14-12-2017, 12:32
My text shows fine. However my tuning menu doesnt work properly with HDR. It is not possible to tell what is highlighted. This has been the case since launch.

I'm running in the TV's game mode but it doesn't make any difference if I try it in non game mode. When HDR is turned off the tuning menu selection screen shows correctly.

Firmware on TV (in my sig) 1201

amazed
14-12-2017, 13:06
My text shows fine. However my tuning menu doesnt work properly with HDR. It is not possible to tell what is highlighted. This has been the case since launch.

I'm running in the TV's game mode but it doesn't make any difference if I try it in non game mode. When HDR is turned off the tuning menu selection screen shows correctly.

Firmware on TV (in my sig) 1201

I'm running a very similar TV to you, and on the same firmware. I found that the in game HDR setup with the squares was only active at the far left of the scale, no more than a quarter in.

JohnSchoonsBeard
14-12-2017, 13:27
I'm running a very similar TV to you, and on the same firmware. I found that the in game HDR setup with the squares was only active at the far left of the scale, no more than a quarter in.

Yes, me too. Do you not get the menu problem then? I still do. I've tried under calibrating and over calibrating too.

amazed
14-12-2017, 17:00
Haven't fired up the game for a little while. Will try and have a look tomorrow.