PDA

View Full Version : Im new to this game and got penelty but not my fault?

Johnny_puma
14-12-2017, 21:46
Hi

I love racing but this is so stupid i race some online and got over F1500 rank and then in 2 races there where some players raming me so i ran of the track and my car got recqt and the game blame me 2 race in a row so now im down again to U1460 i get so frustrated :( so how are you going to go up in rank when there are people how is raming you and you get punishd?

Can some one help me what to do?

ctzn
14-12-2017, 22:02
Give it time and the MP rating system will work itself out. If you're a bad driver, you'll get stuck with other bad drivers and will not be able to join higher ranked lobbies. If you continue to race clean, you'll get paired with clean drivers. Be careful on which lobbies you choose to join. Those who continue to ram and don't care about other players on the grid will not be able to participate in the higher ranked lobbies. Yes, I agree it's frustrating to lose points/having a race ruined when you aren't the one causing accidents, but in the end it will weed out all of the over aggressive kids who can't drive properly.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?143-Multiplayer

Johnny_puma
14-12-2017, 22:08
OK thx mate i will try ;) im not slow but im new to this game so i got so sad when i got sent back down under 1500 and back to U :( i have won races an d got topp 5 in the others so i feel so sad when i got punishd.

ccughostdk
14-12-2017, 22:19
You're right it's frustrating. But both cars gets penalties for the contact.

The best way is initially to drive only to improve the security rating. That means that You try to avoid ANY contact whatsoever with opponents even if it means You finish last. Once you get Your security rating up, don't participate in U or F class races. The higher (and fewer ) races with higher security rankings are a lot more fun.

A short cut to get better ratings is to participate in races with mandatory pitstops. Stay out off trouble in the first lap and then take Your mandatory pitstop. Almost none pit at the first lap. Then when You leave pit You have the track for Your self. Your opponents is 20-35 seconds in front. Then race without making ANY mistakes (getting penelties) and Your Safety rating will go up fast. Its all about doing clean laps. And if Your are doing clean laps then You will surely also overtake some opponents while they are in the pit. Good luck out there...

FxUK
14-12-2017, 22:19
Me, I'm fairly slow, usually mid to back of the pack racer, still working on that part :)

At first, I thought it was frustrating too, being penalised when others caused it, but it's actually not as bad as it seems. I'm now at S and believe me, I have been rammed to death in random lobbies.
You have to look at it as a temporary setback, that you will recover from. The other person, unless they change their behaviour, won't.

If you look at your profile, you will see you likely dropped down to U ---> 95% or something like that. It won't take much to get it back and progress beyond, even if you get occasionally rammed / have occasional accidents.
It's not a case of edit (had it wrong way, lol): One step forward, two steps back, or at least, not if you are able to make clean laps after the turn 1 chaos that is common on random tracks.

The skill points is a bit of a different story, since that is based on finishing position and skill of opponents. But since the skill starts at 1500, this kind of skews the results (imo) at least initially.
I don't know all the ins and outs, but what I mean by skewed results is basically this:

At the moment, I am S1340 (ish). Everybody starts at U1500.
If I race in a random lobby with new U1500 drivers, I can usually get a decent finishing position, if I survive T1. Since my skill is currently lower than 1500, I gain quite a lot of points.
If I then join RWB's server where their skills can be anything from say 1200 to 1800 (fictional numbers, some may have much higher I don't know)... because they are much better drivers overall (safe and fast) and not new/unrated, I tend to finish more often than not closer to the back and I lose points.
Eventually however, they will settle within the range I am meant to be and so will others, I think. I'm currently floating within the 1250 to 1350 range.

I don't personally pay much attention to skill.. I mean, I'm slow anyway so wouldn't expect to reach a high skill myself, but when I see somebody at say F1750, I can't help thinking.. they surely rammed their way to P1, a lot, otherwise, why are they F? I might not always be right on that, but I think it :)

Johnny_puma
14-12-2017, 22:28
Thx guys for the answar i really appreciate it :)

Hmm i understand but at the same time i like to do my best and end up fighting for the victory or a good position but i really want to drive clean at the same time.
I will focus on geting my security rating up and not geting my self in to crashes.

Thx guys and drive safe :)

Best regards Johnny
Sweden

Audi75
15-12-2017, 09:51
Hi Johnny

I agree it can be a bit frustrating, but do try not to put to much weight on the skill rating, consentrate on your safety rating.

Look out for RWB servers, we are usually racing every night, we try to put up the safety rating to E or D, but if you join us on Discord and ask, we will happily drop the safety rating for you to join. We do pride ourself for trying to have clean racing, even tho we too have some mishaps. ;)

Link to our web site in my sig, and you'll find all the detail you need there to join in on our Discord.

Cheers
RWB Audi

Johnny_puma
17-12-2017, 21:49
Hi Johnny

I agree it can be a bit frustrating, but do try not to put to much weight on the skill rating, consentrate on your safety rating.

Look out for RWB servers, we are usually racing every night, we try to put up the safety rating to E or D, but if you join us on Discord and ask, we will happily drop the safety rating for you to join. We do pride ourself for trying to have clean racing, even tho we too have some mishaps. ;)

Link to our web site in my sig, and you'll find all the detail you need there to join in on our Discord.

Cheers
RWB Audi

Thx mate i will look out for RWB and take a look on the webpage. And maybe i se you online :)