PDA

View Full Version : Show how many incidents a driver have had in current race

kofotsjanne
16-12-2017, 12:06
Is it possible to see how many incidents a driver have been involved in in the current race? Otherwise this is something you at least should (re?)consider to add. Since you already track it with the current ranking system it must be logged. Maybe easier said than done to implement it though?

kofotsjanne
16-12-2017, 12:08
i wish i could like my own post since its a great idea!

hkraft300
16-12-2017, 13:59
They don’t want to reveal too much about either performance or safety rating for fear of exploitation.

kofotsjanne
16-12-2017, 14:08
They don’t want to reveal too much about either performance or safety rating for fear of exploitation.
But Yorkie did a video explaining a bit about how the system works and we also have a slider that shows how far we have gone to the next safety ranking. Knowing how many contacts someone have had in a race so far will help you decide if you want to take the chance of being close to the guy or not. I dont see how that could been exploited when all we see is how many incidents someone had in that specific race.

rich1e I
16-12-2017, 14:17
All the contacts you have in a race can often be other people's fault, so the number of incidents a guy has in a race doesn't say anything about how safe he races.

kofotsjanne
16-12-2017, 14:20
All the contacts you have in a race can often be other people's fault, so the number of incidents a guy has in a race doesn't say anything about how safe he races.
It could at least give some indication. If a guy has 15 incidents within the first 2 laps id rather let him pass me than taking the risk.

doesnt iracing have something like it?

rich1e I
16-12-2017, 14:28
I think this would be a very superficial way of "judging" people's safety on track. Racing is too chaotic to simply say "if x then y". What about that guy in first who only had 3 incidents but dive bombed two cars to get to the front and brake checked another?

kofotsjanne
16-12-2017, 14:33
I think this would be a very superficial way of "judging" people's safety on track. Racing is too chaotic to just simply say "if x then y". What about that guy in first who only had 3 incidents but dive bombed two cars to get to the front and brake checked another?
Thats a good point. But Id still like to see how many incidents they have been involved in to be able to make a more accurate judgement.

Ed3lm4n
16-12-2017, 15:06
Maybe showing how much damage each car has with a 'damage bar', is also an option. In real racing you also receive information on other cars' damage. When a car has more damage in the back then in the front, it's quite simple to deduct it has been crashed into rather than being the cause of a crash itself. My car often has more damage in the back and usually I can't do anything about it.

BrunoB
17-12-2017, 16:37
If a guy has 15 incidents within the first 2 laps id rather let him pass me than taking the risk.
doesnt iracing have something like it?
iRacings safety rating is based on a basic formula: (# of incidents)/#of corners taken

As far as incidents go, you get 1x for going off track, 2x for contact with a wall or track object, and 4x for contact with another car.
It doesn't matter whose fault the contact was, all cars involved get the same 4x.
It is far simpler to implement SR this way than trying to program in a way of assigning blame.
If someone is intentionally wrecking or causing problems of some sort, there is a protest system where iracing will look at the replay footage and judge for themselves if the offending car should be warned, suspended or banned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/iRacing/comments/35t9pw/how_is_sr_computed_and_how_much_have_i_messed_up/

beatrunner
17-12-2017, 20:21
there's quite a simple solution already "to the need of seeing how much incidents someone had": just only drive in lobbies with full damage / full realistic settings.

i can clearly see "who has had too much incidents" on track. regularly the ones im lapping because they crashed into something/somebody :-).

but why would you need any more information about a driver then the new license system already provides you?

i mean: usually at the end of race the license-ranks do match the racing-ranks (the highest top / vice versa..)....no need for any more information?

Charger
18-12-2017, 00:27
If you run a Dedi server you can export the results to Simresults and it will show you detailed info on incidents, cuts, penalties, sectors, lap times etc etc.