PDA

View Full Version : Please fix or change racing licence.

Twotalldaryl
16-12-2017, 17:25
The racing licence is a joke of a system it just doesn't work. I was up at E 98% and am a clean driver. I have Monza 90% of the time. Today I have went from E 98% the whole way back down to U 22% in the space of a few hours. Not 1 crash was my fault or caused by me changed lobbies made my own to try stay out of the way of bad drivers still no good. My last was I deliberately qualified last to stay out of the crashes in the first corner even this didn't stop me loading % on my licence.

Why should I lose percentage on my licence when someone hits me from behind? Or the side? Or when u get spoon around at a corner by some idiot from behind and end up hitting the pack then I lose 20% ? Or your driving along someone crashes up ahead spins out onto the track hits me I lose another 20 %.

My last race was at F 28 % qualified last to stay out of the way. All was good into the second lap overtook a fee people then someone hits my behind just a tap get a warning, next lap some idiot decides to hit a barrier on the straight spins out hits me I spin but still go on to win the race next thing I look again at my licence now I'm U 22% really?

There has to be a more fairer way to detect who causes the crash or ramming I mean if you get hit from the back or side the chances of that being my fault are get slim. Something needs to change it just not fair on clean racers

bmanic
16-12-2017, 17:27
I call bull. If you drop that much in such a short time span, you need to look in a mirror a bit (both literally and figuratively). The system works just fine.

Besides, getting back to 'E' license level doesn't take much work at all.

davidt33
16-12-2017, 17:35
.....The system works just fine.

Besides, getting back to 'E' license level doesn't take much work at all.

Yeah right.

Twotalldaryl
16-12-2017, 17:36
It's not bull at all don't go cheak how much percentage you lose if someone hits you from behind. And the take into account the first corner if someone hits you and spins u into the pack you lose a huge precent for hitting multiple cars.

And it's not bull you lose percentage if someone hits you from behind that's the facts of the game and I'm not the only 1 complaining about it.

Go test it and the way it's bull.

rich1e I
16-12-2017, 17:44
iRacing also has the 50/50 blame when there's contact. If you're clean you'll rank up in the long run. Rank up and stay away from low ranked lobbies to have cleaner races

bmanic
16-12-2017, 17:59
It's not bull at all don't go cheak how much percentage you lose if someone hits you from behind. And the take into account the first corner if someone hits you and spins u into the pack you lose a huge precent for hitting multiple cars.

And it's not bull you lose percentage if someone hits you from behind that's the facts of the game and I'm not the only 1 complaining about it.

Go test it and the way it's bull.

I've been all over the place with my racing license. Currently I'm at 'B', almost completed to 'A'. I know _exactly_ how it works and still maintain my comment. I suspect that you are way too sensitive and take none of the blame whereas the truth is probably much more complex but you are unwilling to face the truth.

Also, it literally takes about 5 races to get to 'E' license if you drive clean and stay in a pack of cars. If this means you need to be super careful and sacrifice a few race wins/positions, then so be it.. that's how most of us at higher ranks did it.

Twotalldaryl
16-12-2017, 18:05
I've been all over the place with my racing license. Currently I'm at 'B', almost completed to 'A'. I know _exactly_ how it works and still maintain my comment. I suspect that you are way too sensitive and take none of the blame whereas the truth is probably much more complex but you are unwilling to face the truth.

Also, it literally takes about 5 races to get to 'E' license if you drive clean and stay in a pack of cars. If this means you need to be super careful and sacrifice a few race wins/positions, then so be it.. that's how most of us at higher ranks did it.

I have many of times caused crashes and hit people by mistake have I ever said I haven't ? But today was not 1 of them days.

I don't normally be in the pack I be out front most of the time with maybe 1 or 2 cars. Are you saying I would rank up faster if I stayed in the pack and didn't bother about positions?

cpcdem
16-12-2017, 18:08
You say you were at F, qualified last to avoid the crashes, but still you won the race...I assume by having a lot of contacts on the way to doing that. If you care about improving the safety ranking, forget for a few races about winning, only make sure you have no contacts, avoid rammers and finish even last if it is needed. Then, when you are back at E, always avoid U servers, always go to F or above and you will see it will be easier to keep the rank.

And yes, if you always race at Monza, of course it is very likely that you will have trouble...in this first corner, if there are one or two people who do not know the braking point, it is always carnage. Instead of doing 90% MOnza, why don't you try also other safer tracks?

Twotalldaryl
16-12-2017, 18:14
You say you were at F, qualified last to avoid the crashes, but still you won the race...I assume by having a lot of contacts on the way to doing that. If you care about improving the safety ranking, forget for a few races about winning, only make sure you have no contacts, avoid rammers and finish even last if it is needed. Then, when you are back at E, always avoid U servers, always go to F or above and you will see it will be easier to keep the rank.

And yes, if you always race at Monza, of course it is very likely that you will have trouble...in this first corner, if there are one or two people who do not know the braking point, it is always carnage. Instead of doing 90% MOnza, why don't you try also other safer tracks?

Was only 8 in the lobby all were setting low lap times and had a mandatory pit stop. There's was contact once from someone behind me and once again when someone spun of and hit the barrier then taking me out as he came back on track.

Thanks for the tip on just staying with the pack but kind of proves my point on the system being faulty. Bit will try it thanks.

cpcdem
16-12-2017, 18:22
Was only 8 in the lobby all were setting low lap times and had a mandatory pit stop. There's was contact once from someone behind me and once again when someone spun of and hit the barrier then taking me out as he came back on track.

Thanks for the tip on just staying with the pack but kind of proves my point on the system being faulty. Bit will try it thanks.

You're welcome! I think the problem is that the system assumes that people do want to increase their safety rank. For most this is true, but there are other who don't care at all, even want to troll the system and other players, by creating havoc at races, ramming on purpose (especially the leaders) etc. But those people will always stay at U, or very rarely at F at most...

So once you start ranking up, this is where the system starts working well, because you can then start racing with more like-minded players by joining E,D etc servers, so it becomes easier to keep or increase your ranking, although of course you need to help that also yourself, by avoiding contacts. Still, there are not many D+ servers to choose from, but they are slowly increasing in number as time goes by.

poirqc
16-12-2017, 18:32
I'm almost at S. And i'm far from perfect in online races. I just complete every race i enter and try to not touch anybody. I also don't mess around in cooldown laps. It helps.

The system works fine, most of the time.

If you wanna know the ins and out:

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-insiders-guide-episode-8.html?lang=fr

https://youtu.be/-WFDKD99SKg

Twotalldaryl
16-12-2017, 23:06
Thanks for the tips have got back up to E in a few races.

For anybody who what's a higher racing licence just do this will boost up pretty fast. Don't qualify start at the back of the grid on the first corner just go slow and avoid all the people raming and flying all over the track, when u get passed them and the first few corners try find a group of 2 or more slower clean racers, sit with them passing them out and letting them passed again until the last lap. I have done that now for 2 races went from F24% to E2% and will keep doing it till D.

And also that's another reason the licence sysystem needs changing. The less u want to races the better the licence

Mad Al
16-12-2017, 23:13

So you don't see how racing close to others without incident is better proof of safe racing that circulating around by yourself ?

Twotalldaryl
16-12-2017, 23:28
So you don't see how racing close to others without incident is better proof of safe racing that circulating around by yourself ?

Yea course you should get points for that fair enough. But why qualify on pole to get a good start and try avoid the cars at the back so you can races out front with you are going to get less percentage?

For qualifying 1st and leading out front for a 5 lap race in monza with no contact I get about 15%. For the same race and not qualifying at all and starting from the back and slowing myself down to stay behind a few cars sometimes passing them and letting them passed again I can earn over 40% towards my licence . So the more I want to race the less I will get but if I take my time and stay behind other racers the better it is.... after all it is a racing game should be more for getting a top 3 finish driving clean

ironik
16-12-2017, 23:36
You're mixing things up.
The safety rating has nothing to do with the performance of the driver.
I'm D and I don't really care about it. I just do my race.
If I'm in pole and pulling from the pack, I keep going even if I won't gain much SR.
D is enough to meet fair drivers IMO.
Edit: Furthermore if you're in front, you'll probably race fair drivers with less risks than driving in the pack.

bmanic
17-12-2017, 00:54

For anybody who what's a higher racing licence just do this will boost up pretty fast. Don't qualify start at the back of the grid on the first corner just go slow and avoid all the people raming and flying all over the track, when u get passed them and the first few corners try find a group of 2 or more slower clean racers, sit with them passing them out and letting them passed again until the last lap. I have done that now for 2 races went from F24% to E2% and will keep doing it till D.

And also that's another reason the licence sysystem needs changing. The less u want to races the better the licence

It doesn't need any changing at all. You keep confusing things.

This is how they teach young people/junior racers too. Winning at all cost, aka what you call "racing" is NOT top priority immediately. Car control and safety takes precedence. People should learn and be forced to learn to drive safely in a pack of cars. Only once you've proven that you are capable of this (reaching higher levels like A and S) are you ready to truly race other people.

So yeah, I still heavily disagree with you. Still think you make no sense with your comment that the "system is broken". No it isn't. YOU are a perfect example of it working just fine. Now you've discovered how to get to the higher ranks. Your journey to those higher ranks will teach you how to be a safer racer. This journey is important and doesn't need "fixing". It needs to exist.

Mad Al
17-12-2017, 02:06
Yea course you should get points for that fair enough. But why qualify on pole to get a good start and try avoid the cars at the back so you can races out front with you are going to get less percentage?

For qualifying 1st and leading out front for a 5 lap race in monza with no contact I get about 15%. For the same race and not qualifying at all and starting from the back and slowing myself down to stay behind a few cars sometimes passing them and letting them passed again I can earn over 40% towards my licence . So the more I want to race the less I will get but if I take my time and stay behind other racers the better it is.... after all it is a racing game should be more for getting a top 3 finish driving clean

And that's when the other part of the rating comes in.. the letter is safety, plain and simple... it doesn't matter where you are in the field as long as you are running clean that will go up... but as we've said running in traffic will help it along faster.
The other part is about how you perform relative to others.. and that's the number... and to get that to go up quickly you need to beat people with higher numbers than you.. you can be on pole and lead all the laps in the world, but if you are running against people who are 3 or 4 hundred points below you, you won't get a lot out of it.

beatrunner
17-12-2017, 03:11
you know there are 148 pages about it already on the forums which proove the system is "a dream": http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51891-Rating-System/page148

i can tell you: i've seen countless endresult-screens which proof the following:

- the high rated guys in front
- positions often equal to "rating" (the higher the better and vice versa)...

Dietje ANX
27-12-2017, 14:43
I'm having the same problem my license dropped from D1464 to E1446. Other drivers hit me and i get contact warnings this is frustrating. I hope they can fix this and also when the server crash you loose license points.

beatrunner
27-12-2017, 14:58
and also when the server crash you loose license points.

in my eyes (i've done 257 rated online races since patch 1.3) this is the only thing that should be adjusted: the insane amount of points we loose for:

- "real hardware / technical failures"
- disconnections and crashes of lobby
- beeing kicked
- all this while leading a race or having good chanes to win it
- quitting a lobby where we are the only racers left (i mean sorry: why would i finish the race allone??????)

the other parts of the license are working like a charm. why do i say that? because: i'm very high rated compared to most online racers i meet - and i'm constantly winning. if not, the other driver "for sure" also has a higher or a similar ratnig then me. it just has never happened in the last 100 races that a clearly lower rated racer has beaten me. and if one had, it was either because of me made a mistake for myself during the race or my race "got disturbed by not so experienced drivers" (namely: getting pushed / crashed / bombed / attacked on porpuse from "angry drivers" who can't stand to loose ...or ...whatever).

I was at S1828 before the last recent -15 because of ISP problem during a race.

davidt33
27-12-2017, 15:30

Yeah but what if they don't ram and fly off the track so you don't get to pass them?

g33k hack3rs
27-12-2017, 16:07
Some adjustment to the system could be helpful. I think it is much different to be racing in GT3 or GTE vs Ginetta juniors or GT5. Just look at races in real life. With slower spec classes there are normally a bit more expected door banging and paint that gets traded since the performance difference between faster and slower drivers are much closer. I would think that some tolerance similar to the cut track system could be helpful. Not that this will solve every situation but I would expect that contact below a certain speed difference be ignored. Not sure we have the same data as in AC but for all incidents I can see the difference in speed for the contact. So an incident where the contact is less than 10 mph (or some variable) usually means that it was just close racing with most likely very little damage done. Anything above that would then count against your safety rating but that at least will avoid the situation where a light tap or slight misjudgement has the same impact as blindly driving into a dangerous situation without any concern for other drivers.

Might be that there already is some tolerance in the system but I would think the bigger then difference in speed between the 2 cars involved, the higher the impact to safety rating should be. It should also then compensate those drivers that slow down for a crash to avoid contact rather than keeping your foot in it and then get collected in the mayhem.

davidt33
27-12-2017, 16:15
Some adjustment to the system could be helpful. I think it is much different to be racing in GT3 or GTE vs Ginetta juniors or GT5. Just look at races in real life. With slower spec classes there are normally a bit more expected door banging and paint that gets traded since the performance difference between faster and slower drivers are much closer. I would think that some tolerance similar to the cut track system could be helpful. Not that this will solve every situation but I would expect that contact below a certain speed difference be ignored. Not sure we have the same data as in AC but for all incidents I can see the difference in speed for the contact. So an incident where the contact is less than 10 mph (or some variable) usually means that it was just close racing with most likely very little damage done. Anything above that would then count against your safety rating but that at least will avoid the situation where a light tap or slight misjudgement has the same impact as blindly driving into a dangerous situation without any concern for other drivers.

Might be that there already is some tolerance in the system but I would think the bigger then difference in speed between the 2 cars involved, the higher the impact to safety rating should be. It should also then compensate those drivers that slow down for a crash to avoid contact rather than keeping your foot in it and then get collected in the mayhem.

Ditto.

Mahjik
27-12-2017, 19:21
- "real hardware / technical failures"

There is no real way to know a user tried to trick the system or they had real failure. This will always be an outlier.

- disconnections and crashes of lobby

Same as above, but the main task for SMS will be to strive for stability. When PC2 is stable, who is penalized in this area will be those actually trying to cheat the system.

- beeing kicked

Should see some changes in this space...

- quitting a lobby where we are the only racers left (i mean sorry: why would i finish the race allone??????)

Should see some changes in this space...

Mahjik
28-12-2017, 03:34

That's exactly how you get out of the rookie classes in iRacing.

Foofer37
28-12-2017, 03:51
Been working hard at MP, why is beyond me. Another night of racing.....WASTED.
Tried my hand at INDYCAR.
15 minute practice. Worked hard at setting up the car. Got quicker and quicker.
15 minute qualify. Got even quicker, kept working on setup. Started 2nd row.
Formation lap, blank screen. When screen came up, I was already wrecked but still in the formation lap. I'm in this 30 minutes already mind you. Ready to have a good race. I was only 3 seconds off the pace of the lead car.
1st lap, all of sudden my car is much slower than in practice and qualify.
Dickhead (as they all seem to be in multiplayer) rams me into the wall, my car flips 100 times and I land upside down.
Have to quit the race. Another 50 points lost. My license goes down and down. And down. What. A. Joke.
I like PCars 2. But I have 2 choices: 1 is to nail my hand to the wall, the other is to race in this game's multiplayer. Both are complete and utter idiocy.

cpcdem
28-12-2017, 11:38
Yeah, I feel for you in this case, when this happens it really sucks. Unfortunately it's the nature of random public online gaming, there do exist idiot people that simply want to ruin other people's fun and have fun with them instead by ramming them. Or sometimes some guys they are just not familiar enough with the car and unintentionally completely miss their braking points. In either case, it's race ruined, it happens in every racing sim and every other multiplayer game out there I guess.

When it happens, just accept it was bad luck, don't think about it much and move on to a new race. In another lobby of course! That's the point of having a safety ranking system, increase your safety ranking and join servers higher than F when possible, where it is much more rare having people like that in them.

g33k hack3rs
28-12-2017, 14:17
And unfortunately this even happens in real racing. Be glad you didn't spend a fortune to get your actual race car ready for race day just to get it ruined by some idiot that missed his braking point. Yes, it is sad when you see your safety rating go down and it has happened a few times to me that I just don't seem to be able to get a break. Even qualifying in pole and then get taken out by the guy in 2nd place and have to race my way back through the pack. Frustrating at best but just move on to a different lobby until you find a group of safe drivers that allow you to build it back up. Not that easy to recover lost points but definitely worth the effort.

Foofer37
28-12-2017, 16:00
I don't mean to be all negative about it. But it's hard not to be. I'm an extremely fair and clean driver. Winning is not the important thing for me, only putting up a good fight and enjoying the heck out of it. But it's pretty discouraging as there are a fair amount of issues, in my mind, that need to be fixed, but... I'll keep trying. I'm going to focus on creating a lobby that will host more of a trackday setup that will allow guys to have fun and hopefully improve their rating.

davidt33
28-12-2017, 16:17
I don't mean to be all negative about it. But it's hard not to be. I'm an extremely fair and clean driver. Winning is not the important thing for me, only putting up a good fight and enjoying the heck out of it. But it's pretty discouraging as there are a fair amount of issues, in my mind, that need to be fixed, but... I'll keep trying. I'm going to focus on creating a lobby that will host more of a trackday setup that will allow guys to have fun and hopefully improve their rating.

Sounds good. Let me know when you do. Might be interested.
BTW, are you in N/S America region?

Foofer37
28-12-2017, 17:35
Sounds good. Let me know when you do. Might be interested.
BTW, are you in N/S America region?

Yeah, I'm in NA. For sure we can get it set up. What times/days are you on?

davidt33
28-12-2017, 20:42
Yeah, I'm in NA. For sure we can get it set up. What times/days are you on?

I'm pretty much committed to a Monday night racing lobby so Monday nights may not be so good unless I don't like the car and track combination.
Wednesday-Friday during the week should be fine including weekends too since more free time. During the week 7:00pm-8:00pm should be good average starting time. Weekends basically anything goes during the day.