PDA

View Full Version : GT3 Tier 1 Career mode undrivable/Broken with 32 cars on track

RST91
16-12-2017, 18:16
So im in tier 1 in GT3 cars in career mode and 3 races into the season on 80 AI difficulty the game is completely broken. (xbox one s)

When racing with 32 cars on track the games physics and graphics reduce dramatically to the point my car is 5 seconds SLOWER! than the AI and 5 seconds slower than when i drive with only 15 cars on the track. This bug has been well documented and is known about but never seems to be fixed, it only occurs on certain tracks, so far at long beach and Road america my car wont steer, tyres over heat massively, i have 0 grip and spin out on every corner, but in Circuit of Americas it was totally fine and i won the race.

So this is essentially making my career mode unplayable! how can i win a tier 1 championship if i cant drive on certain tracks due to a physics bug? is there not a way you can reduce the AI to 15 cars in career? because anything higher and the physics and the graphics become unplayable!!

Or is this all some sort of scheme to make us all buy an xbox one for better performance?

I can drive a Lap around long beach in GT3 Cars totally fine in Time trial and private testing or even a private race with 15 cars, but in Career mode i cant turn the hairpin... or grip and im 5 seconds slower than my best time in the same car with same set up

Any suggestions?:apathy:

Outlaw Peet
16-12-2017, 19:16
No suggestions. Old news. Only waiting for SMS to come with an acknowledgement and solution. And yes you should give yourself a Xbox one X

And change your platform

BADBAZIL BARRY
11-04-2018, 03:46
Probably a known issue along with the rest of the issues but will always be an issue lol

ShneebnaMRR108
26-05-2018, 14:01
Your Career has ended.

Hammerpgh
27-05-2018, 17:45
They need to make it so that guys on the original One can reduce the number of AI so career is at least playable. It amazes me that this sort of thing gets through.... its pretty basic stuff.

Zaskarspants
28-05-2018, 09:51
They need to make it so that guys on the original One can reduce the number of AI so career is at least playable. It amazes me that this sort of thing gets through.... its pretty basic stuff.

That may be rather disingenuous to the game's developers.

Sony and Microsoft are currently caught up on a compatibility hook insisting that released games function across all current consoles.

This is certainly holding back Sony Ps4 VR as iirc they insist games run on pro and std ps4 and I suspect the same issue may be at play here.

If the grid size thread issue cannot be resolved for xb1 original, clearly the best outcome, then reducing grids for everyone in career may be on balance even less popular.

Shoemaker
28-05-2018, 10:23
Yeah mate, sms dont actually care anymore.Silence speaks volumes.

Sankyo
28-05-2018, 10:32
Yeah mate, sms dont actually care anymore.Silence speaks volumes.
Wrong assumption and wrong conclusion.

Shoemaker
28-05-2018, 17:12
Wrong assumption and wrong conclusion.

Ah right so sms have admitted that this a huge issue and have also rectified it ? Nope, they have said nothing and the issue still exists and has done for a long time. They have not acknowledged the issue because they can't fix it, so sms choose to ignore it and hope that we will stop complaining. Sms will not admit that parts of the game are unplayable, can you tell me iam wrong ? They will not admit it because it does not reflect well on them as a company.

Sankyo
28-05-2018, 18:01
Ah right so sms have admitted that this a huge issue and have also rectified it ? Nope, they have said nothing and the issue still exists and has done for a long time. They have not acknowledged the issue because they can't fix it, so sms choose to ignore it and hope that we will stop complaining. Sms will not admit that parts of the game are unplayable, can you tell me iam wrong ? They will not admit it because it does not reflect well on them as a company.
Stop posting unbased accusations, last warning.

Shoemaker
28-05-2018, 23:34
Stop posting unbased accusations, last warning.Hardly unbased, read the numerous posts all saying the same thing and this very thread. . Ignoring it doesn’t make it go away, even you have failed to prove me wrong. Because I am right, show me 1 post by sms in which they acknowledge the games issues please and I will happily retract my statement. This has been going on for months now....no fix, if no fix then why not call out sms on this issue?. Perfectly reasonable to ask, like many have done, but still no response from sms. As I said, silence speaks volumes, sms simply can’t fix it for whatever reason, but what they COULD have done is reduce the field to minimise the issue, but they didn’t, so surely I am right to assume that sms are not bothered in making it playable or fixing it? Sms have not done anything whatsoever and it’s a fair assumption now to say that they have no intention.

Stewy32
29-05-2018, 11:26
Hardly unbased, read the numerous posts all saying the same thing and this very thread. . Ignoring it doesnít make it go away, even you have failed to prove me wrong. Because I am right, show me 1 post by sms in which they acknowledge the games issues please and I will happily retract my statement. This has been going on for months now....no fix, if no fix then why not call out sms on this issue?. Perfectly reasonable to ask, like many have done, but still no response from sms. As I said, silence speaks volumes, sms simply canít fix it for whatever reason, but what they COULD have done is reduce the field to minimise the issue, but they didnít, so surely I am right to assume that sms are not bothered in making it playable or fixing it? Sms have not done anything whatsoever and itís a fair assumption now to say that they have no intention.

You forget that SMS cannot reduce the Online field or Offline field without a lot of effort.Online as Xbox have stated 1-16 players on the disc case and everything and offline would require unique programming for Xbox,which would take a lot of time and effort.Also,it works for most people so it would only benefit a few people if it changed but hurt the rest.And they need that grid size for PWC due to Official Licensing.And SMS don't have a way to prove that this isn't a fake spam messages as their isn't a video for evidence,and even then a video hardly shows a physics glitch.

Ofnir4
29-05-2018, 11:47
On the other hand, it's rather easy a glitch to see and reproduce. Someone at SMS just has to have an OG xbox, or three to gain time, run 1 car, 20 cars and 32 cars and look at the telemetry or any debugging tool they might have.

@Sankyo : The first part is hardly "unbased" (I'm not sure it's really a word), I'm the living embodiment of that (I would love not to be the guy that rides the fine line to get answers, believe me). Since Ian came and said they "may have a fix for the issue" like 5 months ago it's been dead silence.

OddTimer
29-05-2018, 12:19
it isn't right that you cannot complete career because the game has not been optmised for Xbox One. if you buy a game, you should be able to finish. We are not talking about frame rate drops or something more cosmetic....it is the ability to play the game, the handling that is affected to a degree it makes it feel wrong...

Shoemaker
29-05-2018, 12:30
People should be entitled to a refund on this game. About time a refund feature was added to xbox live. I for one will never buy another sms game.

ShneebnaMRR108
29-05-2018, 13:57
The "unregulated" gaming industry is for "entertainment purposes", and if you're not entertained, then the response you'll get is "We are sorry you didn't like our offering".

As long as these "games" fall under the "game" category, then there's nothing anyone can say or do to change the thinking.

If there is a released a software "product" that is designed to be used with specific computer hardware for "simulation purposes", and it's not classified as "game", then that's a different category.