PDA

View Full Version : QoL improvement suggestion: MP Lobby creation settings

poirqc
16-12-2017, 19:54
Hi, every now and then, I create peer to peer lobby. While the favorite present are nice. They don't cover what I'm about to suggest. I'm a hop in hop out kind of racer. I don't do leagues for various reasons. With the rating system, I see it as a motivation to race public server with random driver more.

Customized(and saved) default lobby settings

Like pCars1, the default general lobby settings(Hosts settings, Realism settings and "rules and regulations") are somewhat random. When launching the game, they seems to change based on the last thing you did. Sometimes, they'll be like the last server joined. Sometimes, they'll be like the last server you created. I might also forget other situations.

Since most of the online activity is GT3, I often want to do something else. While lots of the server options are nice and league focused, some of them don't really mix well with public lobbies(formation lap, cooldown lap, public lobbies don't have the needed cohesion, imho). This means that as time went by, I found my server recipe that works well for pick up play.

Here's the suggestion:

Being able to save a server template that will always be the same. It's a bit frustrating to start a server and have miss selected an option that make it worst for everybody. Recreating a server with unknown drivers isn't really a solution. Some of them might not rejoin. Having people join odd combos is hard enough as it is.

I understand that this is right at the end of what this game needs. I could just take 1 more minutes to be sure I start the server correctly. It just a small annoyance.

Thanks,

DECATUR PLAYA
17-12-2017, 12:20
This is a really good point if I understand you correctly. Your lobby settings save based on the last room that you were in. This feature worked exactly the same in pcars 1. This is the reason I dont like going in other guys rooms because to run my room my way I have to check and save all my room settings before I crank my room up.

Most settings are changeable while in the room but there are a couple that you can't change and I cant think of what they are right now. Its important that you get these settings right before creating your own room.

poirqc
28-12-2017, 14:34
This is a really good point if I understand you correctly. Your lobby settings save based on the last room that you were in. This feature worked exactly the same in pcars 1. This is the reason I dont like going in other guys rooms because to run my room my way I have to check and save all my room settings before I crank my room up.

Most settings are changeable while in the room but there are a couple that you can't change and I cant think of what they are right now. Its important that you get these settings right before creating your own room.

Yeah.

The thing is, i often create a room, 10 minutes later, nobody joins(odd combo, while awesome, scrare people away...). So i end up on other people lobbies. Witch reset my options.