PDA

View Full Version : Does Look to Apex Work

inthebagbud
17-12-2017, 18:12
Just wondering if any xbox users are using look to apex and can confirm that it works.

I run with helmet view and no matter what setting I use I cannot see any discernible look to apex.

!00 or 0 makes no difference to the view and i don't see any difference with helmet leaning

The only setting that seems to make any difference is camera leaning which seems to work but is very much car dependent

If you have it working any chance you can confirm your settings and maybe show a video as to what is happening so I can review?

Thanks

Gix916
17-12-2017, 20:15
it works for me....

you should see the camera pan left or right just before you have to turn into the corner. depending on you FOV set up you may see more of the door mirror or the opposite wing when going into a corner.

inthebagbud
17-12-2017, 20:31
Thanks for the reply I will have to look further as I see no real difference. I remember in pcars 1 that I could see the view pan to the corner , it' really strange as I have gone back to pcars1 and there is no real chnage there now.

I wonder if it is dependant on other settings

Gix916
18-12-2017, 08:57
Here's a clip of it working....excuse the poor quality as it was done on a std* xbox. (*Elite)

https://youtu.be/9bRj7qmBsYY

this is with Look to Apex on 100 to exaggerate the effect, i would normally only have it on 50-55.

note - screen flickers on down changes in helmet view (reason i don't usaully use this view).
- random object hovering over start finish straight.

inthebagbud
18-12-2017, 12:16
Here's a clip of it working....excuse the poor quality as it was done on a std* xbox. (*Elite)

https://youtu.be/9bRj7qmBsYY

this is with Look to Apex on 100 to exaggerate the effect, i would normally only have it on 50-55.

note - screen flickers on down changes in helmet view (reason i don't usaully use this view).
- random object hovering over start finish straight.

Gix916 thank you for taking the time and trouble to post the Vid. Having looked at it I think what has happened is that I have become so used to the effect that I don't actually notice it .

When I first used it on Pcars 1 it was very noticeable to me but now it isn't so maybe I don't need the help of this any more as I am doing it myself

Stevebug
18-12-2017, 18:52
Hi,

Were can I find this option in the setting?

Cant see it any ware.

Gix916
18-12-2017, 19:31
it's on the second tab of the camera settings.

Juiced46
19-12-2017, 22:41
Also, I know it sounds obvious, but some people may not even realize it. You need to be in the HELMET view cam, NOT the COCKPIT view for look to Apex to work. It only works in Helmet view. If you do not like the look of the helmet, you can use Helmet view and shut the helmet itself off. This is how I race.

ShneebnaMRR108
20-12-2017, 15:20
I had this set up in pC1 and loved it, but had a difficult time setting it up in pC2, but finally got. Below:
HS Shake: Off
WM: 98
G-Force: 5
Show Helm: N
Helm DOF: N
Helm Look to: 12
Helm Lean: 28
Camera Leaning/Track: 10 (hi set makes it move too much)
Basic FOV 72

Gav88888
28-12-2017, 11:59
It works fine for me, I use 100 look to apex. When coming out the pits it’s fixed but then it works. If you are tweaking setting whilst driving you will have to restart the session for it to change.

Although I love driving with apex look I am a tad slower using it as can’t properly judge corners.