PDA

View Full Version : Inherited Lobby.

Boneboys
18-12-2017, 16:55
Every time a host quits his (the) server I become host.
Not now and again nor sometimes,,, but every time.

It's not my fast internet because I don't have a fast internet.
Most certainly not my rank because it ranks :smiley_simmons:
Alphabetical order either, I've checked for that :no:

I'm not the oldest guy around so it ain't that :02.47-tranquillity:

Please advise, I would really like to know, it's become a fact that I can no longer ignore or deny.
Why me ?
:confused::confused::confused:

Balles
19-12-2017, 06:28
I often become the host too and don't know the criteria.
It's not a big deal but almost every time I become the host I have an annoying bug : no more green lights at the start. Neither the HUD lights or the ones on the track. It's like I'm desynchronized.

Boneboys
19-12-2017, 08:58
I often become the host too and don't know the criteria.
I have an annoying bug :

Can't say I've noticed that but I will most certainly keep my eyes peeled the next time I inherit a Lobby.

:eagerness: fellow Rifter :cool-new:

lmntr
19-12-2017, 20:10
At least on PC1 I remember the next host in line was the first driver that joined the lobby unless he/she left so the order would be the next available driver in the order of having joined the lobby. I wonder if it is still the same.

EDIT: by the way I am on PS4 if that makes a difference.

Charger
20-12-2017, 02:18
At least on PC1 I remember the next host in line was the first driver that joined the lobby unless he/she left so the order would be the next available driver in the order of having joined the lobby. I wonder if it is still the same.

EDIT: by the way I am on PS4 if that makes a difference.

Yes, this^^, first person to join after the host will be the next in line if the host leaves, you must have been joining right after the host or others that were in line to be host left leaving you as the next host.

Boneboys
20-12-2017, 07:20
No, that's not it I'm sure, I often join in the last few minutes during qualif and I always look for at least a dozen drivers.
Oh well, one of life's mysteries I suppose.

I'm more intrigued by the possibility of the loss of starting lights being related when becoming the host.
This has happened in the past and I've a sneaking doubt that the two are related.
To be confirmed...

Thanks.

RookieRaceline
20-12-2017, 08:45
Maybe you only notice when you get the lobby?
I mean, others might be getting the lobby some times without you noticing, but when you get it you know?

Balles
25-12-2017, 12:11
Just to confirm it happened again twice this morning. The host left, I was P1 and inherited the lobby. I had no green lights at the start twice.

Boneboys
26-12-2017, 08:56
Just to confirm...

Myself = 3 times with no starting lights over the last few days, so I'm going to declare "bug" !
I also had the situation where the lights were on but in desync, once leaving me standing and the other time led to me speeding off before others.

I assume that this is a known and serious issue, if we take into consideration that most servers are PP and that many by the way the system is founded are inherited.
Balles & myself are not the only to become host after the original server creator has left so this (may) concerns many.

I believe that inherited server results in race Start desync :yes:

Still no idea why I always become host but that has become a secondary matter.

Thanks...

Boneboys
27-12-2017, 08:43
Update :

I received a Host Migration Failed message (or something similar) and subsequent disconnect.
When back in the server browser I could see the server showing Boneboys as host.

I joined my own server and continued as normal, starting lights were present at race start with no noticeable desync.
Midway through the race I lost connection to the server, I've no idea why and the message was standard with no real loss of points (I will check later to confirm).

Have fun...

Boneboys
10-01-2018, 16:26
Still happening, every time a host quits after a race is finished I am made host...
There is no logic behind this that I can discern, so I've now started quitting as soon as it shows me as host in the lobby.

No big deal perhaps, in fact what I'm doing is passing the parcel that includes the No Starting Lights issue, which also happens every time I inherit a server.

I really do hope that the development team are aware of this and if some kind person involved would explain,,, why me, why do I always become host ?

Have a good race !

Synystr
10-01-2018, 16:30
Oh. My. God.

Boneboys from the DayZ forums? Small world.

Herege
10-01-2018, 17:19
Happens to me quite often, and goes unnoticed at all unless you go to the lobby and be attentive.

Hey SMS can we get a message when we have the responsibility of being the Host? Just as "YOU ARE NOW THE HOST OF THIS SERVER" simple.

Balles
11-02-2018, 06:04
I inherited a lobby yesterday and had no greenlights at start. There is still some sync problems.

Boneboys
11-02-2018, 18:34
I inherited a lobby yesterday and had no greenlights at start. There is still some sync problems.

I'll take a look this week.
I saw nothing in the change log, so...

Icetiger_72
12-02-2018, 22:34
I inherited a lobby yesterday and had no greenlights at start.

Happened to me tonight as well for the second time - I'm on PS4.

Boneboys
13-02-2018, 09:19
Well here we go..
I inherited a Lobby yesterday (as always :applouse:) and the green lights were working as they should:yes:

However,,,I made some adjustments to the server, laps from 5 to 8, setups allowed and added a mandatory pitstop for good measure.

The next time I inherit I will let it run as is :onthego: and get back...