PDA

View Full Version : Patch 3.02 - Now I can't get online at all.

Wizz
19-12-2017, 11:15
Hi All,

This is my first time here, I've been very pleased and happy with PC2 up until the 3.02 update. Since this update yesterday, I cannot get online at all. I've never had any online issues (like others) until yesterday, now, when I try to go into an online room, or make an online room, my whole sim crashes back to the PlayStation desktop (with the blue screen error).
Please release a fix for this quickly (as I have league races to compete in tomorrow and Saturday), or at the very least, is there a way I can return to the 3.01 update somehow (as all was fine with that update).
Thanks and I'll be eagerly waiting for a fix.

Sankyo
19-12-2017, 12:04
Could you please update your profile with the exact Platform you're playing the game on?

Also, have you done a complete reboot of your system after the update?

Wizz
19-12-2017, 13:31
Will do thanks, it's the pspro and yes, I've done a full reboot too. Thanks.

demadou
19-12-2017, 18:53
Come on, you can't seriously asking for a complete reboot of consumers systems in order to make the patch work. And it still doesn't ...
What about getting a complete reboot each time we install a patch on other games ? That makes no sense at all.

Sankyo
19-12-2017, 18:58
Come on, you can't seriously asking for a complete reboot of consumers systems in order to make the patch work. And it still doesn't ...
What about getting a complete reboot each time we install a patch on other games ? That makes no sense at all.

With reboot I mean switching it off and on again.

Wizz
22-12-2017, 10:13
Thanks for the 3.03 patch, it has worked and I'm back online.
On a separate note (and I know this isn't the correct thread), the penalty system is very wacky and not consistent, plus the 50% of the car off track rule (which I've heard about), isn't very fair.
I'm all for the rules etc, but I can't understand why it's so hard to have a fair system for the rules (as in other sim games):
The main area of issues, Track limits - It should be two wheels inside the white lines (or what ever colour) and if three or four wheels go over the line, then it's a penalty. However, if you run wide by a mistake, but lift off and don't gain, you shouldn't get the penalty, as with if your pushed wide/off by another player, you shouldn't get the penalty (like we do in pc2).
I have to say thought, in the communities I race in, we don't use the game penalties because of the above reasons, we have our own rule systems (but we'd love to be able to use the game mechanics, less work for the admins). And, with us using our own rules, we can use the sim, just for the racing aspect and Project Cars 2 is a very nice platform to do that, which we're all really enjoying, so thank you very much for getting that part right.

Fight-Test
22-12-2017, 12:29
Thanks for the 3.03 patch, it has worked and I'm back online.
On a separate note (and I know this isn't the correct thread), the penalty system is very wacky and not consistent, plus the 50% of the car off track rule (which I've heard about), isn't very fair.
I'm all for the rules etc, but I can't understand why it's so hard to have a fair system for the rules (as in other sim games):
The main area of issues, Track limits - It should be two wheels inside the white lines (or what ever colour) and if three or four wheels go over the line, then it's a penalty. However, if you run wide by a mistake, but lift off and don't gain, you shouldn't get the penalty, as with if your pushed wide/off by another player, you shouldn't get the penalty (like we do in pc2).
I have to say thought, in the communities I race in, we don't use the game penalties because of the above reasons, we have our own rule systems (but we'd love to be able to use the game mechanics, less work for the admins). And, with us using our own rules, we can use the sim, just for the racing aspect and Project Cars 2 is a very nice platform to do that, which we're all really enjoying, so thank you very much for getting that part right.

The penalties do work like that. There hasn't been a change to track limit detection. As before The patch it is all 4 wheels outside the white line unless it's kerbing/grasscrete in which case it's more than half of your car outside the kerbs.

You can read about it in a lot of threads on here. The penalties will reduced some in next patch but it work g correctly as far as detection goes.sounds like your group is unaware how system works.

This will help you an your guys. Remember it's a slowdown not a slam brakes on the track penalty. Watch some competitive pcars 2 racing online. They use penalties and have no issues although I do agree it can use some tuning for length of penalty. I have seen driving standards rise considerably online lately.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58119-Race-Line-Penalties-Track-Limit&p=1440422&viewfull=1#post1440422