PDA

View Full Version : Car setups how to

Knallie
20-12-2017, 12:12
I am planning on doing a how to for this game. As many people ask me for setups.

Now I am asking myself what do you guys want to be handeld and got some tips for it?:)

RobPhoboS
20-12-2017, 12:20
Everything :D
Obviously we have the calculator in the sticky (which I've not had the pleasure of testing yet). and there's tons of information already.
Perhaps starting out with a car, driving it and saying what needs adjusting - and showing how you do it ?

V3nom
20-12-2017, 12:29
I would really appreciate such Videos. I am still new to simracing and don't really feel like delving into Setups yet.
Some themes that would be important for me: achieving oversteer and understeer, tire pressure, downforce and how to Balance highspeed with acceleration depending on what tracks. Maybe also do a comparison for what should be changed when racing on for example Monza compared to racing on ruapuna park.
Thanks in advance! :)

Knallie
20-12-2017, 16:41
I have this idea of doing it pretty big. Only the order of wich subject to get first is a though one, it's a though subject because everything has consequences. I need to write it all down on paper and then figure it out how.

Also I don't know what you guys prefer, a detailed video about it or written down on the forums ? It would be my first youtube video, haha.

RobPhoboS
20-12-2017, 16:45
I'd personally prefer a detailed video or two.

V3nom
20-12-2017, 16:57
I personally would find a well sorted out and well written text much better.
It is easier to look into when you forgot something.

RobPhoboS
20-12-2017, 17:20
I personally would find a well sorted out and well written text much better.
It is easier to look into when you forgot something.

Isn't there plethora of that already in this very forum ? (don't take that as more isn't welcome, just prefer vids)
And I'm far more likely to miss stuff that's written down compared to following someone 'live' as it were.

V3nom
20-12-2017, 17:24
Yeah I think you must be right. I just don't seem to find a very good thought out structured page on this topic.
Anyway I did change my mind on the text/video conflict. :)
One can make his own notes from a video which helps with memorizing and you also end up having your own spreadsheet with information relevant to you.

enots45
24-12-2017, 19:19
Thanks for the help!!