PDA

View Full Version : Console reset

RookieRaceline
20-12-2017, 23:37
I've been having issues with Project Cars 2 crashing, and then just loading the home sreen.

After talking to Xbox support, it got a 17 step process, that should help, but i've reached the final steps, without any effect. I'd like to hear you guys before i reset the console competelly to factory settings. Have you had the same issues, and if you have done a console reset did it help?

I went through the list, and if the factory reset does not help, it might need to be repaired or replaced. I'd hate to go throught that though, if it is an issue with the game.

TheBadBoyRay
21-12-2017, 03:24
The only time the game crashes for me is when the race is loading. I have to quit to xbox dashboard and go back to the game.

z3r0cool77
21-12-2017, 04:20
Cant link it atm but theres a microsoft help page w a link to a factory reset file. You’ll need a thumb drive, 4gb i think, and you have to format it to a bootable drive then copy the files onto it. Then you plug it in and have to hold the eject cd button and the power button until it beeps then itll boot off of the usb and reset to factory. Once thats done you’ll have to wait on the updates to install and go through the setup process. I’ve got an old xbox one thats on its last legs that I’ve had to do it to twice because it keeps corrupting and wont run. A reset sorts it out.

Edit: here it is.
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-factory-defaults-using-usb-flash-drive

Chavez LK
21-12-2017, 07:11
Yes the game crash all the time. You can play like 30min and kraakraakraa sound and crash to the desktop. Some time it last longer you can even play two or tree race ��.
I only play online so i dont know if it do the same in single player mode. I have xbox one x and my frends have to and they
have same problem.

Major Epidemic
21-12-2017, 07:50
Interesting. I have been playing since release and never had a crash on either xbox one or xbox one x. Just a thought but is there adequate ventilation around your console? Maybe its a heat thing.

RookieRaceline
21-12-2017, 09:48
I've done a total reset, where the console resets to factory settings and currently downloading the game to test if this worked. Xbox support want to have a look at the console, if this doesn't help, so it sounds like it might be a hardware problem and not an issue with the game!

Chavez LK
21-12-2017, 11:06
No no, its in the game. This is only game what do that so its in the game.

RookieRaceline
21-12-2017, 11:13

I had the same issue with PUBG the other day. Exact same loop of sound and then game crash, and load of home screen.
If it is not a hardware problem, then it maybe it is that the standard Xbox can no longer run the games that are designed to run on both xbox and xbox one?

Chavez LK
21-12-2017, 12:43
I had the same issue with PUBG the other day. Exact same loop of sound and then game crash, and load of home screen.
If it is not a hardware problem, then it maybe it is that the standard Xbox can no longer run the games that are designed to run on both xbox and xbox one?

I dont know of that, but PUBG is still beta so there can be still major problebs. Pcars 2 is not that state. Forza, assetto dirt rally or Destiny 2 working perfect.

Zaskarspants
21-12-2017, 12:49

My original big xb1 was fine.

Note: occasional game crashes can occur with any system / game. I mitigate this by always cold resetting befor any gaming session.

OddTimer
21-12-2017, 13:01
yep...pc2 was the only game I had probs with....moved from external drive to internal, fixed! good luck man!

RookieRaceline
21-12-2017, 13:05
My original big xb1 was fine.

Note: occasional game crashes can occur with any system / game. I mitigate this by always cold resetting befor any gaming session.

The thing is that cold resets don't help - i don't want to be cold resetting several times a day.
Yesterday i had 4 game crashes (3 on project cars and 1 on PUBG). I did 3 cold resets, adn i can't imagine and xbox performing correctly if i need to do that.
I'm currently downloading Project Cars 2 again, to see if a factory reset helped and keep my fingers crossed.

trrane
21-12-2017, 13:41
I just looked around on the forum to see if any dev or mod is looking at this, and didn't find anything.
Can anyone answer if this is being looked at, i doubt this is a hardware problem, since it happens randomly.
You can play for 4 hours without a crash and then it can crash after the first race of the day, atleast for me.
Just uninstalled and installed it aswell and it just got worse if anything.

RookieRaceline
21-12-2017, 14:54
I just looked around on the forum to see if any dev or mod is looking at this, and didn't find anything.
Can anyone answer if this is being looked at, i doubt this is a hardware problem, since it happens randomly.
You can play for 4 hours without a crash and then it can crash after the first race of the day, atleast for me.
Just uninstalled and installed it aswell and it just got worse if anything.

So you're on Xbox X and still get the game crashes?

trrane
21-12-2017, 14:57
So you're on Xbox X and still get the game crashes?

Yep mostly in multiplayer but it happens in SP aswell.

OddTimer
21-12-2017, 15:12
did you guys try moving the game to a different drive at all? let's to the internal drive instead of an external? I had mine on an external on the base Xbox. Bought the X, plugged in the external drive into it, same problem, game crashing to the dashboard. Then I moved the game to the internal storage and no more crashes. I did 2h+ races in career and SP and no issues. I think the issue occurs when the game is installing onto the disk, that's why just reninstalling it will not fix it...when you delete the game and install it afterwards, the game will install on the exact same location.

RookieRaceline
21-12-2017, 15:25
did you guys try moving the game to a different drive at all? let's to the internal drive instead of an external? I had mine on an external on the base Xbox. Bought the X, plugged in the external drive into it, same problem, game crashing to the dashboard. Then I moved the game to the internal storage and no more crashes. I did 2h+ races in career and SP and no issues. I think the issue occurs when the game is installing onto the disk, that's why just reninstalling it will not fix it...when you delete the game and install it afterwards, the game will install on the exact same location.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't have an external drive for my Xbox. I only play 2-3 games so don't need the extra space

trrane
21-12-2017, 15:29

Mine is installed on the internal storage from cd, that cannot be a reason for it to crash?
I havent't played many other games on the X yet but this kind of crashes this often is something unique for pcars2.

z3r0cool77
21-12-2017, 16:02

Have not had a single crash on my original xbox or my one x and have played for many many hours on end.

z3r0cool77
21-12-2017, 16:05
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58949-Xbox-One-X-crash

Perhaps a corrupt save issue.

nx91notch
21-12-2017, 16:30

Yup. This is exactly sounds like what was happening to me. I was lucky and my X1X still fell within Best Buy's return policy. I swapped it out and so far so good.

RookieRaceline
21-12-2017, 17:23
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58949-Xbox-One-X-crash

So how do you do a cloud delete?
Also it sounds strange that two different games can have a faulty cloud save, but that might be to some connection package loss maybe?
My Project Cars 2 download is just about done, and i'll test if a factory reset has helped, but good to know that a cloud delete could help too

z3r0cool77
21-12-2017, 18:02
Highlight the game at dashboard amd open up the menu and go to manage game. From there you should see your save file. Delete it and next time you load pcars it’ll say syncing. Hit cancel and it shoukd start as if you haven't played before. Either then or the next time you load the game it should tell you that the save file on your xbox is different than the one in the cloud and will ask which one you want to use. Select the one on your xbox and then it will sync and overwrite the one in the cloud with the new one.

RookieRaceline
21-12-2017, 18:22
Highlight the game at dashboard amd open up the menu and go to manage game. From there you should see your save file. Delete it and next time you load pcars it’ll say syncing. Hit cancel and it shoukd start as if you haven't played before. Either then or the next time you load the game it should tell you that the save file on your xbox is different than the one in the cloud and will ask which one you want to use. Select the one on your xbox and then it will sync and overwrite the one in the cloud with the new one.

Thanks!
I assume that this will also reset any progress I've done on the driving license?

z3r0cool77
21-12-2017, 19:18
Thanks!
I assume that this will also reset any progress I've done on the driving license?

I honestly dont know.

RookieRaceline
23-12-2017, 05:49
So - i've been testing for aprox 5 hours, so i can'tbe100% sure that this worked, but I havent't had a game crash since i reset my console to default set up (and reinstalled the game and user profile).

Deleting everything but keep games and data did not work).

I'll update here, if game crashes start happening again, but it seems like performance of the console is better now (might be placebo effect, but it also feels like there is less lag and stuttering while online).

RookieRaceline
26-12-2017, 18:40
Well - i had a gamecreash again, so a console reset did not help.
So either it is Project Cars 2 that has issue with xbox 1, or it is my Xbox 1 that has a hardware issue

nx91notch
28-12-2017, 13:10
Well - i had a gamecreash again, so a console reset did not help.
So either it is Project Cars 2 that has issue with xbox 1, or it is my Xbox 1 that has a hardware issue

Sounds like it may be your Xbox.

This happened all the time with PC2 on my new X1X. I had to take it back to Best Buy and return it. I have played some PC2 since I returned my Xbox and I can report no crashes but....I have not been playing much PC2 just enough to see if it worked. Their last patch broke FFB for Fanatec wheels so until patch 4.0 comes out I am not really interested in PC2. Been busy working through my career in F1 2017.

RookieRaceline
28-12-2017, 14:01
Sounds like it may be your Xbox.

This happened all the time with PC2 on my new X1X. I had to take it back to Best Buy and return it. I have played some PC2 since I returned my Xbox and I can report no crashes but....I have not been playing much PC2 just enough to see if it worked. Their last patch broke FFB for Fanatec wheels so until patch 4.0 comes out I am not really interested in PC2. Been busy working through my career in F1 2017.

How often did your game crash on the previous console?
After i did a reset, i might have played 3-4 hours with no crash, but then it started again.
Have you tested that much, or just a few races?

nx91notch
28-12-2017, 15:15
How often did your game crash on the previous console?
After i did a reset, i might have played 3-4 hours with no crash, but then it started again.
Have you tested that much, or just a few races?

What was happening was while playing PC2 a message would come across the screen and say something about a corrupt save file then crash. First couple times it happened I was able to console reset to get it back. Last time it happened it completely bricked the system. It wouldn't even console reset. IDK if PC2 was the root cause but it always happened while playing PC2.

As for testing I have only played about an hour since I returned my Xbox for a new one. The last patch killed FFB for my wheel...it has no feeling at all anymore so I have been playing F1 2017 instead. Hopefully they patch PC2 soon to fix what they broke in the last patch.

Jonttev
28-12-2017, 15:43
I've have this same problem. Mostly multiplayer the screen freezes and then comes low pitch buzzing sound and the game shuts itself down. Yesterday for first time it occurred in singleplayer and of course 11th lap on a 12 lap race in spa :D been racing about 3-4months now and thats was maybe 20th time it happened

RookieRaceline
28-12-2017, 20:09
@nx91notch alright, thanks! Mine crashes with no notice at all. It's more like what @Jonttev describes... a buzz, and then crash to home screen. I've had 3 or 4 crases today already...

Major Epidemic
29-12-2017, 10:42
@nx91notch alright, thanks! Mine crashes with no notice at all. It's more like what @Jonttev describes... a buzz, and then crash to home screen. I've had 3 or 4 crases today already...

Apologies if you have already ruled this out but I just want to bring up a heat point I made because it does sound like an overheating issue. Is your Xbox in a cabinet? Even if it isn't it might be worth trying it in the middle of the room with nothing around it.

RookieRaceline
29-12-2017, 11:03
Apologies if you have already ruled this out but I just want to bring up a heat point I made because it does sound like an overheating issue. Is your Xbox in a cabinet? Even if it isn't it might be worth trying it in the middle of the room with nothing around it.
Thanks!
It's on an open shelf, with air around it.
Also, i live in a cold country, so if mine is having overheating issues, i'd expect people in warmer places to have more trouble with it (it'll be another 4-5 months before we can start walking around in t-shirts indoors)

Also, the console does not reset or restart. It's only the games that crash

That said, i've been in long talks with Xbox support. Turns out that my xbox, bought at Gamestop as brand new (26/05/2016) was initially turned on and set up in 02/12/2014!
Something fishy is going on there, and could indicate that this was initially a faulty xbox that already has been returned once before.. Waiting on a reply from Gamestop on this issue and hopefully will get a replacement

Ochilbaz
29-12-2017, 13:23
Good afternoon all,

Thought I would post in here due to topic title.

I currently play project cars on PC and Xbox, I got an Xbox one X yesterday and have it working fine. I want to give my original Xbox 1 to a friend so my question is as follows......... How do I delete all game files, credit card details etc from Xbox? In other words a full reset so I can hand it over as it came to me originally?

Many thanks in advance
Baz

Major Epidemic
29-12-2017, 18:35
Thanks!
It's on an open shelf, with air around it.
Also, i live in a cold country, so if mine is having overheating issues, i'd expect people in warmer places to have more trouble with it (it'll be another 4-5 months before we can start walking around in t-shirts indoors)

Also, the console does not reset or restart. It's only the games that crash

That said, i've been in long talks with Xbox support. Turns out that my xbox, bought at Gamestop as brand new (26/05/2016) was initially turned on and set up in 02/12/2014!
Something fishy is going on there, and could indicate that this was initially a faulty xbox that already has been returned once before.. Waiting on a reply from Gamestop on this issue and hopefully will get a replacement

Okay. That's annoying. I have seen a similar issue where the game crashed like this and we thought it was because of a ventilation issue. It was an original Xbox that stood vertically (against ms advice) and so a possible overheat where the exhaust vent was blocked. Clearly this isn't the cause for you. It's weird how it's so different for everyone. I have never had a crash since it was released. Others, like you, it appears to be a regular thing.

Ochilbaz, please try this. The console needs to be online if you want to fully disassociate it with your Microsoft account. Hope it helps.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
Select Settings.
Select All Settings.
Select System.
Select Console info & updates.
Select Reset console.

Ochilbaz
29-12-2017, 19:09
Okay. That's annoying. I have seen a similar issue where the game crashed like this and we thought it was because of a ventilation issue. It was an original Xbox that stood vertically (against ms advice) and so a possible overheat where the exhaust vent was blocked. Clearly this isn't the cause for you. It's weird how it's so different for everyone. I have never had a crash since it was released. Others, like you, it appears to be a regular thing.

Ochilbaz, please try this. The console needs to be online if you want to fully disassociate it with your Microsoft account. Hope it helps.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
Select Settings.
Select All Settings.
Select System.
Select Console info & updates.
Select Reset console.

Many thanks Major

Jonttev
31-12-2017, 10:54
Surely its not a overheating problem. Yesterday I was playing in a different spot and my xbox was flat on kitchen table and the game freezed 4 times in 3hrs. I have cleaned xbox around 3 weeks ago and room temp was 22 celsius / 71 farenheits. Funny tough for the first time it happened on dirt 4 too.