PDA

View Full Version : Re-install ???

Atak Kat
22-12-2017, 07:00
I'm having various performance issues with the game on my PS4 (non Pro) and I'm wondering if a clean install might fix things.
- I've done the various turn off/on (not stand-by) a few times after installing patches, and doesn't really improve things.
- I've done the 'rebuild database' thing as well, and that doesn't seem to fix anything.
- I watch you-tube videos of guys on PS4 (non-pro) and I just don't see the same result. Everything seems much smoother for the guys on you-tube, where I have lots of things that just don't seem to be working with the same efficiency. I tend to just accept that the game is pushing the limits of the PS4, but when watching on-line it's pretty clear to me there's some differences compared to what I'm seeing on my PS4.

So, I'm thinking to just do a clean install, but of course I'm hoping not to lose my career progress, setups, etc.

I think we can backup the career/setups online? And then re-install those after the clean install? Am I correct?

Any other suggestions, would be very welcome.

Sankyo
22-12-2017, 07:55
From what I've read you may also want to have a look at your PS4 hardware, check that no dust has built up and that it's getting sufficient cool air.

Sum Dixon-Ear
22-12-2017, 10:22
I think we can backup the career/setups online? And then re-install those after the clean install? Am I correct?

You can do that, but you don't really need to. Simply delete the game via the dashboard icon and when you reinstall the game your save data should just load from the hard drive.

ColinRa
27-08-2018, 09:56
I'm having various performance issues with the game on my PS4 (non Pro) and I'm wondering if a clean install might fix things.
- I've done the various turn off/on (not stand-by) a few times after installing patches, and doesn't really improve things.
- I've done the 'rebuild database' thing as well, and that doesn't seem to fix anything.
- I watch you-tube videos of guys on PS4 (non-pro) and I just don't see the same result. Everything seems much smoother for the guys on you-tube, where I have lots of things that just don't seem to be working with the same efficiency. I tend to just accept that the game is pushing the limits of the PS4, but when watching on-line it's pretty clear to me there's some differences compared to what I'm seeing on my PS4.

So, I'm thinking to just do a clean install, but of course I'm hoping not to lose my career progress, setups, etc.

so did it work?
I have the same problems and tried the re-install but didn't get any improvement :(

Atak Kat
27-08-2018, 10:01
It was quite a while ago, but the re-install did not really change anything noticeable as far as game performance (like framerates, jitters, etc).
Since then, I actually upgraded to PS4 Pro. And also this, I didn't really notice a whole lot of difference in the way the game runs.
(There is a difference when using PS4 Pro with a 4K/HDR capable TV though.... the game doesn't seem to run any smoother, but the overall picture and details is better - only one quick test session though since the new TV only arrived yesterday....).

warth0g
17-09-2018, 13:37
That is weird.. I only have the original PS4 and it runs pretty much perfectly. I tend to only race against the AI, maybe that makes a difference, but the game runs really smoothly..

Turpi
28-09-2018, 18:51
Not me I keep crashing with blue screen did everything re install reboot rebuild data base replace hard drive game keeps crashing