PDA

View Full Version : Game unplayable because saves donít work!

Captain_Dusk
24-12-2017, 16:51
Bought digital and all dlc on ps4.

Fully installed, all 50 odd gig.

Anything I do that causes the save icon to appear cause the game to just stop working, endlessly attempting to save.

Tried deleting it all and reinstalling. Tried it on internal and external hdd. Update 3.03 is applied. Nothing works. Iíve just spent $60 on nothing it feels like right now.

Sampo
24-12-2017, 19:06
It's a bad day for getting answers. I don't have a console, but I seem to remember something about resetting the console after install or such. Found it "Ensure after install you hard reset your machine."

Captain_Dusk
24-12-2017, 20:43
Does nothing. Going to have to get this refunded. Wasted all day trying to get it to work.

Fight-Test
24-12-2017, 22:02
How much unused memory do you have?

Captain_Dusk
24-12-2017, 22:47
3tb spare external, 1.2tb spare internal. Def not a space issue :/

Fight-Test
24-12-2017, 23:11
Dang, that's really strange. I'm sure someone can help but it's a quiet day today.

Captain_Dusk
25-12-2017, 04:29
I’ve even tried different accounts on my PS4 from diff countries, all same issue. Wonder if it’s a Pro issue or the download it what.

Never had a problem like this ever.

Bought Assassins Creed after it andbthat works fine and saves so it’s not a failing hdd or anything.

Captain_Dusk
26-12-2017, 21:49
Is this the official forum where the devs actually visit?

MaximusN
26-12-2017, 21:56
Yes it is.

Don't want to come across rude, but you do know it's boxing day(so practically still christmas)?

In the mean time you could try if the demo supports saving and if it works there. :)

I hope it will work out for you in the end. I don't think many(any?) have this specific problem.

Captain_Dusk
26-12-2017, 22:12
I know it’s boxing day, just checking in the right place.

I can’t find anyone who’s had this issue. I am completely stumped. I got refused a PSN refund because I’ve earned a trophy- you get a career trophy when you sign the contract but that’s also when an autosave starts and causes the game to just... do nothing.

Can’t believe this :(

Sum Dixon-Ear
26-12-2017, 23:22
If it's only the career that causes the issue then perhaps it is something corrupt in the game's data saves folder, have you tried deleting everything; profile, ghosts, etc etc? I'm only thinking this because surely the game will need to save for everything else you may have changed in the game; controller settings, graphics, gameplay and so on...

Captain_Dusk
27-12-2017, 05:55
It’s ANYTIME the autosave appears. I can’t even change a damn option.

As stated I’ve deleted everything numerous times.

The ONLY race I can do is the quick race option without changing a single option from the default.

OddTimer
27-12-2017, 08:28
Did you try installing the game on a different drive? let's say the internal storage? I think it is worth a try...

Olijke Poffer
27-12-2017, 08:55
Does nothing. Going to have to get this refunded. Wasted all day trying to get it to work.
With the game is nothing wrong. There is just something wrong with the installation. Could be a PS4 problem..

Captain_Dusk
27-12-2017, 09:41
Tried both internal and external storage several times.

Captain_Dusk
29-12-2017, 07:18
Bump in the hope a developer is aware of this issue and can fix it...

Zaskarspants
31-12-2017, 13:12
Bump in the hope a developer is aware of this issue and can fix it...

It is not an issue for anyone else.

Sum Dixon-Ear
31-12-2017, 13:22
Have you tried to rebuild the console database from safe mode?

Captain_Dusk
01-01-2018, 22:28
Yep, tried that too.

I’m hoping next time a patch comes along it magically fixes it.

I have over 300 PS4 games. This is only the second one in four years to cause me any trouble.

Captain_Dusk
05-01-2018, 15:44
Well what a waste of money. An unplayable game :(

Zaskarspants
05-01-2018, 15:52

You want to come round mine to play it hun?

stucar17
07-01-2018, 08:42
You want to come round mine to play it hun?

god you sound like a bellend

Zaskarspants
08-01-2018, 16:18
god you sound like a bellend

Occasionally yes, but for the most part I try to share what I know with the best of intent.
I apologize if you found my remark flippant or hurtfull, even if it was not directed at you.

I try to assume good faith in all who post but yes I did weaken a bit there.

Captain_Dusk
09-01-2018, 15:34
Assume good faith? What are you even on about.

I am having a technical issue with this game, one I have never had with over 300 other PS4 games and for some reason you just decided to waste everyone’s time being class clown.

At this point I’ve given up any hope a developer will take any notice and that I’m just down on the money for this game.

UkHardcore23
09-01-2018, 17:59
Upload a video to Youtube of the save problem. It's a bit vague whats happening after that im sure you'l get help from SMS or one of us that can tell whats went wrong.

Sarcy comments on here seem to be the order of the day if your not praising the game as much as you can even though it's clear you have a very ligitement concern that your trying to fix to play the game you just bought.

Zaskarspants
09-01-2018, 18:07
Upload a video to Youtube of the save problem. It's a bit vague whats happening after that im sure you'l get help from SMS or one of us that can tell whats went wrong.

Sarcy comments on here seem to be the order of the day if your not praising the game as much as you can even though it's clear you have a very ligitement concern that your trying to fix to play the game you just bought.

No, I made one sarcy comment. I certainly dont think they are the norm.
And ' in good faith ' - well to be clear I have engaged with a few people and realised they were not sincere, and I am sorry as I said above for being hasty.

UkHardcore23
09-01-2018, 18:15
No, I made one sarcy comment. I certainly dont think they are the norm.
And ' in good faith ' - well to be clear I have engaged with a few people and realised they were not sincere, and I am sorry as I said above for being hasty.

Wasnt just aimed at you mate (although asking the guy to come round to yours to play and calling him hun was pretty poor) just something i've noticed throughout the forum since i joined thats all.

Zaskarspants
09-01-2018, 18:54
Wasnt just aimed at you mate (although asking the guy to come round to yours to play and calling him hun was pretty poor) just something i've noticed throughout the forum since i joined thats all.

I only joined quite recently and I don't find that at all.

UkHardcore23
09-01-2018, 19:20
I only joined quite recently and I don't find that at all.

That's good now lets try get the OP some help eh.

Sum Dixon-Ear
09-01-2018, 19:41
That's good now lets try get the OP some help eh.

I honestly don't think that there's anything left that can be proposed to the OP to try and find a fix... every avenue that we can think of has been covered already. It is an isolated issue that is only being experienced by one user... it's looking very likely that there is a problem with his console or else many others would be reporting the same issue.

I wish that either the forum members, mods or devs could help him... but it's not looking very hopeful at this point.

John Hargreaves
09-01-2018, 21:19

How did you get on testing the demo? Does it still do the same thing?

Captain_Dusk
12-01-2018, 20:44
I tried the demo and the autosave bit worked but the game crashed after a race when it tried to save.

I’m just going to try it again next patch but if not, I’ll just mentally write off the money.

No idea why one out of 300 odd games is having an issue with my console but who knows.