PDA

View Full Version : Do I get less points if someone quits the race?

Nago
25-12-2017, 09:26
I didn't find such tread, but this was the first thing bothering me in the online races.
For example 5 people stars a race. After a few laps I am in third position. The last 2 think it's hopeless so they quit. (I know that they loose a lot of points.) Then I finish third. I hoped to get some point in my ranking, because I am in top 3. But I LOST points, because I was the last! (Can your confirm this works this way?)
I think if someone quits, the game should handle them like retired from race, and showing I am 3/5 not 3/3. It would make much more sense.

Mad Al
25-12-2017, 10:14
I didn't find such tread, but this was the first thing bothering me in the online races.
For example 5 people stars a race. After a few laps I am in third position. The last 2 think it's hopeless so they quit. (I know that they loose a lot of points.) Then I finish third. I hoped to get some point in my ranking, because I am in top 3. But I LOST points, because I was the last! (Can your confirm this works this way?)
I think if someone quits, the game should handle them like retired from race, and showing I am 3/5 not 3/3. It would make much more sense.

It's all about your current points relative to others and how you finish relative to others, you could finish last a still gain points in the above situation. As you didn't bother to state what sort of points you, or the other people had, there is no way to know

Nago
25-12-2017, 10:24
Thank you for your reply. I'm new to the game, so I did not watch the other players' points. So if I understand, the 1. or 2. player must had have less points than me. Next time I will watch their points. But it still bothers me, that the game says I am 3/3 not 3/5. I someone left the race with more points than mine, that will earn me points?

Mad Al
25-12-2017, 10:34
Best advice is.. ignore the points, give people racing room and enjoy the racing.

Your points (and everyone else's) will settle down over time as you do more racing.

kofotsjanne
25-12-2017, 11:31
Best advice is.. ignore the points, give people racing room and enjoy the racing.

Your points (and everyone else's) will settle down over time as you do more racing.
Isnt it better to just answer his question if you know the answer? Id like to do it myself but even though i tried to find a definitive answer about it im not sure. According to the latest patch notes you are supposed to still get points for drivers that quit but im not sure if thats actually works or not.

Mad Al
25-12-2017, 11:42
Isnt it better to just answer his question if you know the answer? Id like to do it myself but even though i tried to find a definitive answer about it im not sure. According to the latest patch notes you are supposed to still get points for drivers that quit but im not sure if thats actually works or not.

Yes they are supposed to be taken into account, but the point still stands that the points for all drivers and the relative positions are the important bit.. if all the people who drop out are way lower ranked than you, then you will gain nothing from them going. Points are also class based (and if the people who drop out are in higher classed car, you should potentially gain more from that..)

Unless you are going to go through every race checking what the starting and ending points are for every participant, I'd suggest not worrying about it... too many people are getting fixated on the numbers (and yes, the letters are really numbers too)

davidt33
25-12-2017, 12:39
Taking a cue from the OP I'd like to ask something of which I'm not entirely sure.
The scenario is this....In a private racing lobby. Approx 8-10plus racers are in lobby... The race begins. For whatever reason (not out of malice) during race the host decides to discontinue the race in progress, to start a new room to send out invites again and restart the race. You are still in the race session and have not left as yet. The burning questions are:

1. By virtue of the race having started, then having to quit the race, how does this affect your rating? Do you lose safety rating and/or points?
2. If I decide not to quit/abandon the race in progress and continue to the end do I benefit still at the end of the session despite others having left the race to improve my safety rating and/or points?

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
25-12-2017, 13:13
Sounds like you were racing against people who are on less points, I rarely quit a race so my points are still quite high yet there are to many people who will quit if they see that they aren't likely to catch up to the leaders, or leave lobby after one crash , the fact I have to finish in front of whoever has less points than me or I will lose points is really taking the enjoyment out of racing online and people will do stupid things to get in front or stay ahead of someone with less points than themselves , if I start a race my goal is to finish the race with as little contact with others

davidt33
25-12-2017, 13:22
Sounds like you were racing against people who are on less points, I rarely quit a race so my points are still quite high yet there are to many people who will quit if they see that they aren't likely to catch up to the leaders, or leave lobby after one crash , the fact I have to finish in front of whoever has less points than me or I will lose points is really taking the enjoyment out of racing online and people will do stupid things to get in front or stay ahead of someone with less points than themselves , if I start a race my goal is to finish the race with as little contact with others

If you are referring to my post and questions the answer is no (it's why I stated "not out of malice"). They are all fine, decent racers. All or the majority much better than me and with higher ratings. The reason the host would have chosen to discontinue the race and restart in those times were mainly due to bugs being experienced (and you know we have had quite a few) or perhaps to accommodate a driver or two who may have gotten disconnected through no fault of theirs. They are the best bunch of guys ever and I love being able to be a part of the group.

I'm still curious to get answers to my burning questions though.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
25-12-2017, 13:32
No David my post was referring to the OP, regarding your question if you leave after the race has started you will lose more points as it does not know whether you quit or got disconnected, so it would be better to stay and finish, as far as I'm aware only the points are affected and not the safety grade

davidt33
25-12-2017, 13:37
No David my post was referring to the OP, regarding your question if you leave after the race has started you will lose more points as it does not know whether you quit or got disconnected, so it would be better to stay and finish, as far as I'm aware only the points are affected and not the safety grade

Thanks bro. Much appreciated.
I'm taking it though, it would be ok to leave/quit from the session once the race is completed? Eg: In-between one race and another (before the next race has started?).

EDIT: What about during practice or qualifying though?

kofotsjanne
25-12-2017, 14:07
Thanks bro. Much appreciated.
I'm taking it though, it would be ok to leave/quit from the session once the race is completed? Eg: In-between one race and another (before the next race has started?).

EDIT: What about during practice or qualifying though?
From what ive picked up on the forum: You are free to leave in practice, qualifying and before you have pressed ready in the pre-race screen.

davidt33
25-12-2017, 14:39
From what ive picked up on the forum: You are free to leave in practice, qualifying and before you have pressed ready in the pre-race screen.

Thank you. That's very helpful.