PDA

View Full Version : Any setups for the R32 Skyline GT-R GrpA?

Sub Boy
26-12-2017, 19:57
Hi Guys,
Has anyone made any setup changes for the R32 Skyline GT-R Group A race car? I own a road going version of the car so would like to use it.

The default setting of "Loose" is indeed that! I kinda got the hang of driving it like that but you have to be sooo careful on cornering and braking to avoid losing the rear end......it's nothing like how the real car reacts.

The other thing that is a little odd with the car is it's only a 5 speed......they ran a Holinger 6 speed very early on in grpA?

MaximusN
26-12-2017, 20:39
The real car is not setup like a race car. ;) I raced it yesterday on Long Beach with some chaps, and I think I raised the front slow bump dampers a bit. Maybe also rear slow rebound. If that isn't enough make the front springs a bit stiffer. Basically try to have it dive less (abrubtly). That puts the weight on the front wheels(and off the rears). Brake balance is of course also important, a few clicks to the front might help.

MaximusN
26-12-2017, 20:40
The real car is not setup like a race car. ;) I raced it yesterday on Long Beach with some chaps, and I think I raised the front slow bump dampers a bit. Maybe also rear slow rebound. If that isn't enough make the front springs a bit stiffer. Basically try to have it dive less (abrubtly). That puts the weight on the front wheels(and off the rears). Brake balance is of course also important, a few clicks to the front might help.

And you could always take the Stable setup as a base instead of course. Loading a 'pointy' setup will lead to a pointy car, and if you don't like that....

Sub Boy
26-12-2017, 23:41

Haha! Yeah I know the road car isn't setup like a race car, but I have been in one of the real Gibson Motorsport cars.....and my road car has more Motorsport suspension and engine than standard anymore! 😆
I have gone to the "Stable" setup and it is definitely less twitchy, I will try a couple of the settings you guys have mentioned.
Cheers!

Nyreen
26-12-2017, 23:52
Some cars need to be driven on stable, otherwise they're undriveable. The BMW M3 GT4 is one of them for example.

I think the R32 loose is pretty fine, but yeah, the rear tends to come out very easily. After some work on the suspension, try to mess up with the differential. It plays a huge part to balance the front and rear power delivery, especially on an AWD.