PDA

View Full Version : Are these known issues?

RookieRaceline
27-12-2017, 10:22
Lap time round up/down
I experienced this only today, in a lobby that was pretty glitchy (lag, cars jumping back & forth on track etc). First i thought it was pretty interesting that i had the exact same lap time as an other driver, and that the next driver was exactly 2 min. behind. Later i realised that lap times were mostly being recorded at ˝sec intervals

Game crash to home screen
This is happening more and more. Specifically when i initiate an online action, like joining a multiplayer lobby, adding a friend (through the in game interface), quiting online lobbies and race finishes/starts

Spectate rendering
Instead of jumping back and froth between lobbies, trying to join in on one that is joinable, i've started just spectating on one, untill it's done. In my head, it eventually is the fastest way to start racing (if the racers don't quit after the race). The spectating features are pretty cool, but rendering is at times quite bad. It's blurry, shadows are bunkers and some times, it doesn't really know who is in what position.

Last sector split time
This one i have had since the start. The split times, for each sector seem to work alright, except for the last one, that is always red and +30 or +40 sec compared to mostly any other result (last, potential or fastest).

Lobby update
When the host changes settings of the lobby (track/car/etc) they don't update, unless you load the car select screen, and then go back into the lobby

Crackling Sound
Sometimes, while racing/driving, the sound will crackle as if the console can't process all the information, and this affects the sound. It is not the Traction Controll, but feels like a rendering problem, similar to the stuttering or framerate drop when there are too many things going on. I did not notice it happening at the same time as the framerate drops though.

All these are on Xbox 1 (the standard not the X)
i have done a complete console reset to factory settings,
to make sure the install and save is alright

trrane
27-12-2017, 13:12
I have seen all of these, but neither devs or mods is replying to let us know it's being worked on.
It feels like this forum has died a little, or maybe its the interest for the game (or both?)

Edit: I want to know if the random disconnects is worked on, just got disconnected in Lap 1 when i was in first place in a 10-man lobby.
And on top of that the game also froze to dashboard. I'm done playing for today :)

Zaskarspants
27-12-2017, 14:14
I have seen all of these, but neither devs or mods is replying to let us know it's being worked on.
It feels like this forum has died a little, or maybe its the interest for the game (or both?)

Rubbish. You are talking complete nonsense on every level.
You clearly have not read the forum.

trrane
27-12-2017, 14:21
Okay, can you please give us some information then?
On this Xbox section there is 4 threads mentioning the Dashboard crash and i cant see any answers or solutions to this annoying problem.

Zaskarspants
27-12-2017, 14:29
Okay, can you please give us some information then?
On this Xbox section there is 4 threads mentioning the Dashboard crash and i cant see any answers or solutions to this annoying problem.

Many, as we speak, are playing online and will continue to do so.
If it is so overwhelming you should play offline or do time trials until it is working to your satisfaction.

trrane
27-12-2017, 14:36
If it is so overwhelming you should play offline or do time trials until it is working to your satisfaction.

That's not what this thread is about (i think). I play all different modes in this game and i love it, but it crashes randomly no matter what i play.
I think what OP wants to know is if theses issues are known and worked on, some kind of confirmation in one of those threads wouldn't be too much to ask for?
If all i'm saying is rubbish and you have read the forums more than i have why cant you just link or write what you know?

Zaskarspants
27-12-2017, 14:50
That's not what this thread is about (i think). I play all different modes in this game and i love it, but it crashes randomly no matter what i play.
I think what OP wants to know is if theses issues are known and worked on, some kind of confirmation in one of those threads wouldn't be too much to ask for?
If all i'm saying is rubbish and you have read the forums more than i have why cant you just link or write what you know?

Er, no. You should read the forum yourself, I am not your PA.
If your game crashes as regularly as you imply then you may have a faulty xbox.
I also recommend a cold reset of your xbox each time you play any game.

RookieRaceline
27-12-2017, 15:11

This is probably just trolling, or really bad advice, because the fact that people are playing online, is not proof that things are working properly... I play online a lot too, but if it keeps having issues like it does, and as described in the first post, i am not sure people will be as patient in the long run.

I also recommend a cold reset of your xbox each time you play any game.
A cold reset, does not help. Actually a reset to factory settings did not help either.

Zaskarspants
27-12-2017, 15:44
This is probably just trolling, or really bad advice, because the fact that people are playing online, is not proof that things are working properly... I play online a lot too, but if it keeps having issues like it does, and as described in the first post, i am not sure people will be as patient in the long run.

A cold reset, does not help. Actually a reset to factory settings did not help either.

Mate, dont go there, most of my posts are in the spirit of trying to help people out.
It is what it is, pcars, and as I am sure you are aware from your presence here various stuff has been noted and hopefully will be sorted, if you give up and or others do, those who find it intolerable, then maybe you and they will return.

RookieRaceline
27-12-2017, 16:19
Mate, dont go there, most of my posts are in the spirit of trying to help people out.
It is what it is, pcars, and as I am sure you are aware from your presence here various stuff has been noted and hopefully will be sorted, if you give up and or others do, those who find it intolerable, then maybe you and they will return.

Alright - i guess this one is just not one of them then, because it doesn't really help to tell people to take it as it is, or leave it.
I would think it's fair to ask if these issues are known, in order for them to be noted and eventually fixed.

(Also, while on the subject, a list of known issues, and what is being worked on, whould be great huh?)