PDA

View Full Version : No cluth shifting, when?

PatrickRosa
27-12-2017, 14:33
PLEASE, FIX THE NO CLUTH SHIFITING ISSUE....
:ambivalence:

Daz555
23-01-2018, 14:44
Could you perhaps describe the issue in a little more detail?

Minimitch
23-01-2018, 16:07
It's a known issue, it will likely be patched in the future

Daz555
24-01-2018, 08:47
What's a known issue? It would be interesting to learn the issue that is being worked on.

Sankyo
24-01-2018, 08:57
What's a known issue? It would be interesting to learn the issue that is being worked on.
Currently, you don't need to use the clutch to be able to shift gears with an H-shifter and manual clutch enabled.

V3nom
24-01-2018, 09:20
Decent for a sim, 5 months after release.

Sankyo
24-01-2018, 09:21
Decent for a sim, 5 months after release.

No need for snarky remarks.

V3nom
24-01-2018, 09:22
It's hard when much time has passed and there are issues that have been reported a long time ago still present.

Zaskarspants
24-01-2018, 11:19
The clutch does work, you can use it, it does not advantage you greatly as you can indeed change most cars most of the time without it.

Cars irl can also often be shifted with varying degrees of success without using the clutch, but I do think it should be a bit harder in the game.

I have just started using h / clutch instead of fake sequential lever and another advantage of doing this appears to be much faster changes, so it is an advantage in other ways.

I think there is a balance to be found, in dirt 4 I found the H change with clutch over fussy and didn't like it.

Jetsun
24-01-2018, 11:48
I have just started using h / clutch instead of fake sequential lever and another advantage of doing this appears to be much faster changes, so it is an advantage in other ways.

I'm also trying it on the Formula Rookie, have to get used to it, but seems to improve my learning, like braking a bit earlier and only then downshifting rather than using some engine brake during braking, have not reach my personal best yet, but on its way, will if it helps improve my times. Also the shifting transition seems smoother, smoother revs noise, as if the engine prefer H over fake sequential like you well named it.

Zaskarspants
24-01-2018, 12:10
I'm also trying it on the Formula Rookie, have to get used to it, but seems to improve my learning, like braking a bit earlier and only then downshifting rather than using some engine brake during braking, have not reach my personal best yet, but on its way, will if it helps improve my times. Also the shifting transition seems smoother, smoother revs noise, as if the engine prefer H over fake sequential like you well named it.

Same here, I find I am ten lower AI using the h change at the moment, but the car feels faster and more fun, it is immersive to use.

porkovich
24-01-2018, 22:10
Any news here ?

NateDawg
25-01-2018, 04:32
Formula Rookie can be flat shifted anyway - you can tell because the revs don't sky rocket between shifts like in a road car, etc. If you shift FR without clutch, it revs as normal. If you flat shift a car the needs a clutch you see the revs bounce of the limiter between shifts. FR is also more fun when flat shifting :)