PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster stuck hard right turn and recurring shake

Sireek44
27-12-2017, 15:12
Hi All,

I'm posting here in the hopes someone may be able to provide some guidance to resolve this issue. This is a gift for my son that started off well for the first hour or so of play and has turned into a major disappointment. The following is the setup and symptoms:

Platform: PS4
Software: 3.03 patch
Wheel: Thrustmaster T80

The T80 was purchased new for Christmas along with PC2 since we read sim games are significantly better with a wheel. We went with the T80 in order for our son to get used to driving with it (he's spent many an hour on The Crew with a controller) before spending significantly more on a FFB wheel in future.

The initial install took a number of hours. However, once installed, we launched the game, calibrated the wheel and pedals, and all seemed good. I logged 20 odd minutes myself in practice and private sessions. My son logged about 2 hours.

The game has now been exited, PS4 powered down, and restarted about 4x.

My son then called out that he was experiencing a 'twitch' going down the straights on one of the oval tracks. He was offline racing with AIs. We initially dismissed this as 'maybe it's part of the sim and you're getting bumped'.

We installed the Japanese cars bonus pack. And then...

Pick a car, pick a track, every 5-10 seconds the software would show the wheel (in 1st person view) just jitter/shake violently with the steering of the car corresponding. We rebooted, reset the wheel to default settings, re-calibrated and now the wheel is stuck in a 'hard right' turn with the recurring shaking.

Multiple re-starts, multiple re-calibration attempts, reviews of other suggestions for wheel settings and attempts and still no resolution. To drive in a straight line you have to hold the wheel in a 'hard left' turn, and the shaking continues.

Does anyone have a fix for this? The game is completely unplayable like this.

To give you an idea as to what the shaking is like, here is a video from a lad with a T500 wheel with the same issue (unfortunately I can't share the youtube link as this is my first post on this forum. You may be able to find it by searching "Project Cars 2 Force Feedback T500rs" by Fabio A....).

Thanks.

prinsmp
27-12-2017, 18:12
Hi, sad to hear you are facing some issues. If I am not mistaken, the T80 doesn't has ffb. So I am not sure what your son is experiencing. Maybe the bungee cord returning to his original position?

Sireek44
27-12-2017, 18:30
Hi, sad to hear you are facing some issues. If I am not mistaken, the T80 doesn't has ffb. So I am not sure what your son is experiencing. Maybe the bungee cord returning to his original position?

Ah, you miss read. The T80 is a piece of cheap plastic and I'm fully aware it has no FFB. The shaking is onscreen (as observed in first person view) with the cars reacting onscreen. BEFORE spending any $ for a wheel with FFB I need to find a software fix.

prinsmp
28-12-2017, 09:30
I assume you have to tweak the camera settings to your liking. Options as g-force, look to apex, high speed shake that kind of things.

prinsmp
28-12-2017, 09:33
Also he might have crashed and which caused his steering to the right issue. Maybe try damage off in settings.

prinsmp
28-12-2017, 09:36
One more thing regarding oval (not an expert), but I trust the camber settings on oval car are forcing you to steer left/right a bit on the straight to allow smooth cornering.

Sireek44
28-12-2017, 11:51
One more thing regarding oval (not an expert), but I trust the camber settings on oval car are forcing you to steer left/right a bit on the straight to allow smooth cornering.

Thank you prinsmp for the suggestions. Unfortunately this problem is being experienced with new runs, every car, different tracks e.g., Brands Hatch, Nuremberg, it happens from the garage into pit lane, and then onto the track.

Here's what we've decided our solution is to this problem:

1. Unplug T80...done.
2. Put T80 back in box...done.
3. Return to store and get full refund for T80...done.
4. Delete Project Cars 2 from PS4...done.
5. Flip off SlightlyMad Studios...done.
6. Order G29.
7. Order Gran Tourismo.
8. Use this as lesson with my Product, Dev and QA teams at the office what happens when the product doesn't work and there's an absence of support.

hasslemoff
28-12-2017, 12:58
Thank you prinsmp for the suggestions. Unfortunately this problem is being experienced with new runs, every car, different tracks e.g., Brands Hatch, Nuremberg, it happens from the garage into pit lane, and then onto the track.

Here's what we've decided our solution is to this problem:

1. Unplug T80...done.
2. Put T80 back in box...done.
3. Return to store and get full refund for T80...done.
4. Delete Project Cars 2 from PS4...done.
5. Flip off SlightlyMad Studios...done.
6. Order G29.
7. Order Gran Tourismo.
8. Use this as lesson with my Product, Dev and QA teams at the office what happens when the product doesn't work and there's an absence of support.

One way for your child to get a better a wheel :).

Was going to suggest if you still had the crew to try the wheel on there to make sure it was not a hardware problem and to make sure the wheel was set to PS4.

The shaking could of been a deadzone issue a simple slide of one slider could of sorted the shake in first person view and a few other quick options to try could of been available.

Is your office open this week or are most off them enjoying time off over christmas, so support could be a little thin at the moment, so they might not have been able to test the issue in less than 24hrs to find the problem and come back with a response and people who are willing to help or give suggestions in less than 24hrs.