PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN] IMPORTANT message to SMS about WORLD TIME ATTACK

tipostrano
27-12-2017, 17:50
Ok, dear SMS ( if a good moderator reads this message, please report to sms team )
A good 80% of players, and 100% of esport pro players, knows that with a old, not yet corrected glitch/hack, you can race the WORLD TIME ATTACK events with custom setups.
So, please, this event now it's almost over and it's gone as it went. But, for January events and so on, can u make a good patch for FIX the FIXED setup problem? If not possible, the easy, democratic way is to change the events to make people let use custom setup clearly, so everyone knows this.
Thanks a lot.

AEIDOLONE
27-12-2017, 18:21
If they consider this a big problem (which it is, IMO) they would have fix it immediately.

Project CARS Esports
28-12-2017, 09:00
This has been reported to the development team already, and will be fixed in the next game update.

tipostrano
28-12-2017, 13:06
Thanks a lot guys!

bmanic
28-12-2017, 17:06
Would also be nice to have a complete reset of the leaderboards at some point as some physics have changed in various cars. Perhaps that should be a new topic.

Mahjik
28-12-2017, 17:07
Would also be nice to have a complete reset of the leaderboards at some point as some physics have changed in various cars. Perhaps that should be a new topic.

I would suspect we won't see any resets until after the next patch (or whenever the altitude changes come).

tipostrano
28-12-2017, 18:13
A reset can be distruptive, maybe the easy way is to put the game version printed on every lap time.
Mahjick, can u take a look at my post in multiplayer section? i'm a victim of a big disgrace.

bmanic
29-12-2017, 00:39
I think a full reset is needed.. already for pCars 1 I suggested to have a sort of "Archive" for previous lap records, each archive would be separated by patch number. This is how iRacing does it. You can check old laptimes and world records and see what version of the game was used to set those times. Would probably be a useful feature for the developers, for continued development of the physics, weather and all kinds of things that affect laptimes.

tipostrano
29-12-2017, 10:15
oh, archive is a good idea too.

AEIDOLONE
30-12-2017, 01:24
I think a full reset is needed.. already for pCars 1 I suggested to have a sort of "Archive" for previous lap records, each archive would be separated by patch number. This is how iRacing does it. You can check old laptimes and world records and see what version of the game was used to set those times. Would probably be a useful feature for the developers, for continued development of the physics, weather and all kinds of things that affect laptimes.

This is a great idea! And did they implement it in pCARS1?

bmanic
30-12-2017, 02:40
No, but the leaderboards were reset several times after patches changed physics, which is a good thing.

tipostrano
09-01-2018, 19:04
Hum.. i suppose the same bug/cheat with custom setup can be used un fixed setup lobbies ( ex. ESL GO4 CUPS ). That thing really kills fair play.
But, thanks anyway SMS for making WORLD TIME ATTACK no fixed setup now.

tipostrano
15-01-2018, 08:46
Yes, checked. Even in ESL GO4 CUPS, people race with custom setups. That's not so fair again, and not so "esportish".