PDA

View Full Version : How do you know how much time left to join multiplayer session?

davidt33
28-12-2017, 17:03
Unfamiliar with joining a public multiplayer session so asking.
In "Quick Play"...."Browse Multiplayer" I see a list of current multiplayer sessions available. To the extreme right of the list there's a section named "REMAINING" (eg: 2 laps; 8 mins; 20 laps, etc). Thing is I'm not sure what the "Remaining" indicates. Does it mean the remaining laps or amount of time left to enter or does it mean the race session has already started/in progress and that's the remaining laps or time for the race to end?

Nyreen
28-12-2017, 17:11
If it's in qualifyings for example (yellow Q), and there's 8 remaining, then there is 8 minutes remaining before the end of the qualifyings, as simple as that. You can come whenever you want in this time span to set a lap, remember you have time for a final lap after the 00:00 hits (if you're already into your hotlap).

But if you're at the beginning of your multiplayer journey, I'd suggest not coming into a qualifying session if there's not more than 10 minutes remaining, since you would want to get a nice laptime to avoid getting murdered by negative IQ drivers on the first corner.

Fight-Test
28-12-2017, 17:16
Also I think 4 minutes left in qualification is the cut off to not be able to join for the race. You will be in the room but it will just say waiting then when race starts it will just allow you spectate. Someone correct me if I wrong on the time.

davidt33
28-12-2017, 17:24
Thanks Nyreen.
And thanks too Flight-Test. As you mention that, I do recall I had clicked on one to join just prior to asking the question but when I joined the room I didn't see an indicator to actually practise or race in the session but rather to "Spectate" as you mentioned.

I'll have another look see later and see if I fare any better with the information gained. Cheers.

V3nom
28-12-2017, 17:28
You can't join under three minutes of qualifying left. They introduced this threshold with patch 3.
Don't really get why but ok.. To be honest even if I have 10 minutes left of qualifying I wander around the house until the race starts.
I just have to many bad experiences with beginning at the top. Just start back let everyone through for the first 2 corners then start attacking. :)

Foofer37
28-12-2017, 17:38
Problem I find though is that this is not accurate. If I see a lobby that says it's in Qualify and I enter, there's usually a race going on. This is the case 99% of the time. So there's something wrong with this.

davidt33
28-12-2017, 19:23
If it's in qualifyings for example (yellow Q), and there's 8 remaining, then there is 8 minutes remaining before the end of the qualifyings, as simple as that. You can come whenever you want in this time span to set a lap, remember you have time for a final lap after the 00:00 hits (if you're already into your hotlap).

But if you're at the beginning of your multiplayer journey, I'd suggest not coming into a qualifying session if there's not more than 10 minutes remaining, since you would want to get a nice laptime to avoid getting murdered by negative IQ drivers on the first corner.

Ok now getting a chance to check back the "Browse Multiplayer"...."Current Multiplayer Sessions" screen and I think I better understand now what indicates the status of the session or stage. In the right hand column section "L, P, Q, R", whichever block is highlighted in Yellow that indicates the stage right? Can I get a Woot Woot or not?

zedeeyen
28-12-2017, 19:27
Problem I find though is that this is not accurate. If I see a lobby that says it's in Qualify and I enter, there's usually a race going on. This is the case 99% of the time. So there's something wrong with this.

Are you on Xbox? It doesn't seem to work on Xbox, the lobby info is all complete nonsense. You just have to randomly join and leave lobbies until you find one that's correct.

davidt33
28-12-2017, 20:29
Just got a chance to join one or two and race. The first one went fine but at the end of that session it appeared as though they were going to begin another race in same lobby. I clicked "Ready" as one or two did, the next screen said "Qualifying" but then the circular status thing at the bottom right of the screen just kept rotating. Was waiting for it to finish load but it still kept going round and round without fully loading to the start screen. After about 5-10 minutes it didn't make any sense waiting as something was obviously wrong so I had to exit out or whatever. Strange.

I think I saw an occurrence of what Foofer37 and zedeeyen was referring to about the status not being entirely accurate though. Probably still some bugs to work out.

V3nom
28-12-2017, 21:12
The freeze you have talked about happened to me too about 5-6 times since I got the game. Not a biggie because it ain't that common.
Usually if it didn't load after 1-2 minutes you can surely restart the game! :)

Herege
28-12-2017, 21:26
Yes, should be more explicit and informative to the player, which would be good sense. I see many trying to get in and do not even know why they can not. And they question why they can not. And if anyone is willing to answer, they know what the game itself should inform.

V3nom
28-12-2017, 21:31
I tell you why so many come in and out, it's because the lobby system is a mess. There are too many lobbies being show that allready started and shouldn't be there to join in the first place..