PDA

View Full Version : DQd coming into pits - anyone know why?

shannam1
30-12-2017, 00:41
Hugely enjoying PCARS2, huge range of tracks and cars, superb physics and racing etc. Love it.

One mystery though. Was running a multiplayer race in Austria, whatever that circuit is called (Red Bull Ring?), spent the whole race in 2nd and got the warning from that nice man to pit on the next lap to avoid DQ. So I pitted. And got DQd at the pitlane entrance. Just about exactly where you enter the speed restricted zone. Pretty sure I entered it below 37mph. Or did I speed? Or is it a bug? Odd thing to happen after a full race.

I'm pretty sure I've lost 2 seconds on pitlane entry to other drivers because I slow to the entry speed at the line/ cones and they went in on full attack and relied on the pitlane limiter. So I'm struggling to believe I got booted for coming in too fast.

Just seeking to understand it so I don't make the same mistake again.

poirqc
30-12-2017, 03:11
Hugely enjoying PCARS2, huge range of tracks and cars, superb physics and racing etc. Love it.

One mystery though. Was running a multiplayer race in Austria, whatever that circuit is called (Red Bull Ring?), spent the whole race in 2nd and got the warning from that nice man to pit on the next lap to avoid DQ. So I pitted. And got DQd at the pitlane entrance. Just about exactly where you enter the speed restricted zone. Pretty sure I entered it below 37mph. Or did I speed? Or is it a bug? Odd thing to happen after a full race.

I'm pretty sure I've lost 2 seconds on pitlane entry to other drivers because I slow to the entry speed at the line/ cones and they went in on full attack and relied on the pitlane limiter. So I'm struggling to believe I got booted for coming in too fast.

Just seeking to understand it so I don't make the same mistake again.

Maybe you entered the pits to late in the race?(Too late so you can't correctly complete a lap after the pit stop)

Balles
30-12-2017, 08:38
My guess is you pitted on the last lap, like poirqc said it's too late. If this is the case there is a bug with the spotter that should warn you 1 lap before to avoid DQ.
I remember the same situation on september and didn't know what happenned too. Maybe a fix is planned or at least the situation is known by the devs.

Killg0re NL
30-12-2017, 09:12
Did you request a pitstop prior to te pitstop itself?
(Not sure if this is needed)

beatrunner
30-12-2017, 13:27
i've been dq'd at pitentry only for the following reasons:

- too fast
- not going in at all / too late
- going in backwards (after spin out infront of pitentry)

shannam1
30-12-2017, 14:50
Thanks all. Most likely sounds like a bug in which the spotter warned me one lap too late.

No, I did not request the pit stop. Not when there's a big board saying "pit now" in my view.

There's a lot to be said for pitting early but I don't always know if a stop is needed (I'd feel pretty stupid) and if you're running in clean air near the front, you don't want to pit and then come out in the gaggle of lunatics.

rich1e I
30-12-2017, 20:40
I also got a penalty for speeding in the pits but I got a time penalty which was added at the end of the race. I think it was 10 secs.

sas5320
30-12-2017, 22:29
if you are little bit over the speed limit = time penalty
if you are very over the speed limit = auto-DQ

MaximusN
30-12-2017, 22:49
At some pits the speed limit detection is NOT where the signs are. I've been DQ'ed at SPA and was below limiter speed(and actually running on the limiter) before the signs.

Because of that I don't really like mandatory pitstop races :)