PDA

View Full Version : when setting up

Baltha27
30-12-2017, 14:14
When setting up a car on the Barcelona gp track on pc2
What key area should I fokus on??? Speed?? Aerodynamic, suspension??

Nyreen
30-12-2017, 19:38
If you want a straight answer, you need to focus on downforce, suspension, dampers, tire pressure, diff, ...

If you allow me to lightly roast you, you certainly did came here without a clue about how to tune a car at all. Which is a lot more complicated topic than setting up a car for Catalunya if you already have enough knowledge. And even then, this track is very neutral, if the default setup suits you, I wouldn't change it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you know how to 'tune the speed', but not without a reason. Suspension ? The track is not very bumpy, just be careful to not get too much bump steering. Aerodynamic ? Not too much since you're often quicker with low downforce cars if you can handle it.

RC-5PO
30-12-2017, 21:18
If you want a straight answer, you need to focus on downforce, suspension, dampers, tire pressure, diff, ...

If you allow me to lightly roast you, you certainly did came here without a clue about how to tune a car at all. Which is a lot more complicated topic than setting up a car for Catalunya if you already have enough knowledge. And even then, this track is very neutral, if the default setup suits you, I wouldn't change it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you know how to 'tune the speed', but not without a reason. Suspension ? The track is not very bumpy, just be careful to not get too much bump steering. Aerodynamic ? Not too much since you're often quicker with low downforce cars if you can handle it.

I disagree. I think Catalunya is a great track to get a base setup for a car. You can then make changes to that setup to suit other tracks. IMO anyways.

Nyreen
30-12-2017, 22:02
I also think it is, that's why I said the default setup should work on a default track (not in that way). Once you get a setup that works for you on Catalunya, in a way - make it your personal default setup.

Baltha27
31-12-2017, 11:44
Yep i dont know anything about tuning

hkraft300
31-12-2017, 12:22
Yep i dont know anything about tuning

So try a few different things and compare your results :)
Tuning is a balancing act, because optimising anything leads to sacrificing another aspect. Get the fastest alignment, kill your tire wear. Best Aero platform = terrible mechanical grip. Best acceleration and top speed, no downforce. Best mechanical grip, poor response...

See which works for you at Catalunya.
Personally I'd sacrifice speed for high downforce and mechanical grip, depending what you're driving.

DayGlow
02-01-2018, 01:46
This series is for pcars 1 but in think is a great place to start to understand setups

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8vLMSxw70-yuJO3dUuwlaV423MOhPUiN

manzomo
09-01-2018, 21:14
This series is for pcars 1 but in think is a great place to start to understand setups

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8vLMSxw70-yuJO3dUuwlaV423MOhPUiN

thanks a lot for this link! this series was really what I needed to make sense in what to do to setup the car!!