PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer "set by temperature" tire selection.

poirqc
30-12-2017, 21:29
Most of the time, i pick my tire automaticatly by session weather(don't remember the exact name). Works well, most of the time.

Today, i joined a longer race, and for some reasons, i didn't check the weather. Spend 30 minutes on a cold track with cold hard tires. That wasn't the best race i had to say the least.

After a talk with the fellow racers. I saw that track temp was really cold(1 C). I would guess the auto-pick should've took the soft-slick. Instead, i was on hard-slick.

It's easy to reproduce. Pick a Ligier JS P2 Nissan, Bruno, Decembre 1, 9h00am, heavy cloud. Tried resetting car setup or using mine.

So, is it a bug?

Thanks,

Mahjik
30-12-2017, 23:54
It is not a bug. Currently, PC2 doesn't automatically select tires based on temperature. That may be something they can add later.

poirqc
30-12-2017, 23:57
It is not a bug. Currently, PC2 doesn't automatically select tires based on temperature. That may be something they can add later.

Basically, it select always select the same tire type regarless of the temperature. It only match the weather?

Mahjik
31-12-2017, 00:27
Basically, it select always select the same tire type regarless of the temperature. It only match the weather?

Yes. There is no logic in there today to select a tire based on ambient or track temperature.